ocelot07

I knew the Lee Enfield was loud but this just takes the biscuit.

So the new DayZ patch came out today via DayZ commander. I installed it and noticed right of the bat the debug menu is gone. Am a little gutted about that as I would like to know how much blood I have left. Anyhow I found my self a Lee Enfield as I died again today. I knew this was a very loud gun but since the new update it is even way louder. For example in the last patch if you shot the Lee Enfield in the middle of Elektro you will probably only attracted 3 or 4 zombies.

But just now I was in elektro getting some supplies I was in a building on the top floor. I noticed 2 zombies going into the church I thought to my self. There must be a player in there most likely a fresh spawner. So I did the good thing and shot the 2 zombies before they could get in the church. But all of a sudden I just heard loads of zombies surrounding the building I looked out the windows at one of the firestation and zomebies where running from there to the house I was in. I then looked out the other windows and zombies where everywhere. About 20 zombies all trying to get into the house I was in. I hid in the corner of the room watching the zombies come up the stairs then walk in the room then back out there was loads of them. I wish I had FRAPS on.

Has anyone else noticed this?

The Mk. 48 takes the biscuit for a loud gun, to me. Was in Electro, got in a hospital using it. I got my stuff, turned around, five zombies. Gunned them down, it quickly got to about 70. My friend threw a grenade in the lot to rescue me.

I got into one of those asymmetrical red bricks and popped a zombie with an M14. They started flooding in faster than I could kill them, soon they were shoulder to shoulder at the back door blocking my exit, I panicked and fell back up the blocked stairs. I killed 71 zombies on those stairs before getting knocked out.

Edited by sp86

The patch update for .4 or .5 mentioned something about zombies not hearing guns properly, maybe its not the guns getting louder, maybe its just the zombies are better at hearing in this update

• Like 1

There's meant to be options for the debug menu according to the patch notes. ie you can choose to display it or not display it. But I dunno.

There's meant to be options for the debug menu according to the patch notes. ie you can choose to display it or not display it. But I dunno.

There is but when you turn it on, all the other indicators stop working, food and drink don't change color, blood doesn't have the flashing cross when you're bleeding, noise and visibility don't work. Its totally busted.

Found an enfield with 70 rounds in a barn, shoot one zombie. next thing I had used 70 rounds to kill 70 zombies and they just kept coming, it is near to suicide to fire.