tinit

1.7.2.6 Debug .. Bug

I noticed the same problem and also had a 10 unit a sec blood loss that was fixed by drinking?

Well, I was wondering why everything stayed green for so long... untill I fell unconcious. Sigh. Left with only 2600 blood now. This is one nasty bug that almost got me killed.

Yes, same for me ... a fix would be appreciated.

I can understand lessening it, but it should be able to tell when I'm hungry/bleeding etc.

Yay! Now we have to decide whether we want our debug monitor, or food/hunger meters! Woo! :D

Hello fellow survivers.

Just dropping a list of recent bugs ive sufered wile playing in latest patch:

-Debug monitor resets to default option everytime I log ingame;

-Sound, vision and general stats icons do not change dynamicaly as before;

-Recieving error messages the first time I use a bandage, drinks, food, etc. (in each session);

-Not respondiong to toggle aiming down button;

-Weapon graphics stay in 2d and all white for a while;

-Leaning keys wont respond too, leaving Q & E useless.

Found another problem. seems red, green and yellow smoke grenades wont be selected when scrolling through weapon and thrown items

Developer's Note:

* To change your DayZ UI options, go to OPTIONS > GAME OPTIONS > DayZ UI. This will only affect the DayZ UI elements, unfortunately it is not saving to the config file so each time you restart ArmA2 you will need to change this setting.

* You will receive a serialization warning in game when changing the DayZ UI option, just ignore it by clicking continue it will be gone in next update.

* DayZ UI Debug option is not working properlly (no debug indicator at the moment). deal-with-it.jpg

It's not a bug, it's written in plain English in the release notes that no-one read. If you don't like it, stay on 1.7.2.5

Okay, Rocket said it. We just found a workaround to get it working for those who desire it. What's the issue?

I found a way to take care of this. What you do is when you switch to Debug, and hit okay, it'll light all green. Go back into game options, switch to another option, DO NOT PRESS OKAY, watch the indicators turn normal, and then switch back to Debug, and the indicators will work normally. Now you can hit okay.

But yeah, i can vouch for this too. Was about to start another thread til I saw this.

it worked, but it turns out the hearing and seeing thing are broken...

Well... it doesn't appear the mods are going to approve my post on this topic, so I will comment here.

I posted the fix on the tracker: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/45682

I also posted the reason it doesn't work now here: http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/92851-dayz-fix-gui-debug-monitor/

I guess my post was a little too sarcastic for them... or they don't have a sense of humor about themselves... :(

Well atleast the debug monitor is barely usefull anymore. If blood pressure get removed from the monitor is basicly useless. The things we used it for have slowly been removed. I do thing they should add some sort of blood pressure gauge so you can meassure it yourself, but that is anothet tread. Back on topic i played for 6 hours last night without the monitor, (and therefor the mentioned glitch did not occour), and i didn´t notice any difference other than my vision got greatly increased on my right side. For blood i just open it after a firefight or a zombie encounter to check what it says, and then turn it back off.

I wrote bugreports about this. ...But about it already talking here, then I post maked video to here.

1. I died 2 times because bleeding that can't be seen and cure with bandage. And almost died in 3 time...

Loog at Debug monitor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lJPHBniI0&feature=youtu.be

2. Don't working indicators:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjbxkC680Zk&feature=youtu.be

I noticed and just thought the servers I joined were bugged until it happened in every server I joined. I always immediately turn on the debug menu so it took a while before I realized it was simply the update itself.

I found a way to take care of this. What you do is when you switch to Debug, and hit okay, it'll light all green. Go back into game options, switch to another option, DO NOT PRESS OKAY, watch the indicators turn normal, and then switch back to Debug, and the indicators will work normally. Now you can hit okay.

Unfortunately, this is NOT solving the bug. Doing so will update the status of the HUD icons to their current state - they will show thirst, hunger, blood, wounded, as their current state is. But with Debug window on, they will NOT update further, for example not show when you become bleeding... Learned this in the hard way - not bleedieng, great... but wait, why is my blood pressure decreasing ??? I was bleeding but the cross never showed up.

Had the same problem here, couldnt figure out why it showed the bleeding animation, but it didnt say i was loosing blood, but after i switched it off, it was too late :(

after i get hit by a zombie i just look down in 3rd person view to check for bleeding.

if on veteran server/3rd off server I just bandage myself if bleeding symbol turns red.

I never put debug monitor back on after update 1.7.2.6

no issues with symbols staying green etc, they work fine, so maybe it's fixed somehow?

Edited by Gert-Jan