mrvl1234

How to Install patch 1.7.2.6?

Yep it is in the steam folder and ready to go. Sadly guess I got to wait for sixupdater. When does sixupdater get it usually? A Day late or something?

Yep, one to two days late - maybe more. Depends on how much I hate the program.

pro tip:

Rename arma2oa.exe to !arma2oa.exe

Go to Expansion\beta

Copy arma2oa.exe to the original arma2oa.exe's location (arma 2 operation arrowhead\)

Create a shortcut on your desktop:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe -mod="C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz"

Should work

pregnant pause

Sixupdater and DayZcommander are the bane of my existence. They absolutely infuriate me in that they remove the need for a user to understand their own file system.

/REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

If I manual install how do I join servers and such? Let me know dude and convert me to the path!

@Manta-Avoid: You have issues.

I have standards, and standards make men of us little girls here on the internets.

Manual install of DayZ, for Steam users with both ArmA 2 installed, and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead:

goo.gl/EpQWa

This is a modified set of steps taken from dayzwiki.com, however it encompasses loading DayZ via a shortcut and retaining the Steam Overlay functionality.

Thanks for all the info everyone gonna try the manual stuff and other options.

• Like 1

You have standards of how other people should do things? Interesting.

Yeah man, why do you think people say eating shit is stupid?

pregnant pause

Sixupdater and DayZcommander are the bane of my existence. They absolutely infuriate me in that they remove the need for a user to understand their own file system.

lol - you use the file system abstraction? I hate when people aren't just manually manipulating their bits!

• Like 5