mrvl1234

How to Install patch 1.7.2.6?

Sorry if this is a noob question but I'm having difficulties installing it.

What I did is :

1. Downloaded the patch manually.

2. Extracted it into Arma 2 OA folder

3. Ran it.

4. It intantly loaded somehow and I pressed ok.

No idea what to do next.

I use PlaywithSix and it won't update my DAYZ for some reason.

Can you give me a hand with this please?

Just to make it clear, did you put all the files in: "arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons" ?

Also, don't push "Update" or "Verify" in Six, just double-click a server and it should be launching without downgrading.

Just to make it clear, did you put all the files in: "arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons" ?

Also, don't push "Update" or "Verify" in Six, just double-click a server and it should be launching without downgrading.

No i placed my patch files into : arma 2 operation arrowhead\ folder.

No i placed my patch files into : arma 2 operation arrowhead\ folder.

there's your problem. should be @dayz/addons

Yeah, don't bother with DayZCommander or any of the other launcher tools. Really, they're a waste of time and effort.

Find where you've downloaded the update files, and extract them to ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\

Make sure it's only files going in there, and not folders. You'll know the difference. Your directory should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ARcZi.gif

Anyway without getting dayz commander?

I was like you. But then I didn't want to wait a week for 1.7.2.5 to come out, so I bit the bullet, dropped Six and got DayZ Commander.

I hate changing things like programs to make things work. I delayed switching to chrome from firefox for 5 months, once I did, I now shun firefox like internet explorer. Similar thing with this. Six worked for what I needed, so why change it? But it's so slow on updates, so it's worthless.

EDIT: I cannot run the game manually, it simply will not run. I need the launchers to make it run on my 10 year old hard drive. I've tried every trick, etc. SO don't consider the launchers a "waste of time" when some of us need them :)

Edited by Ipurgepeople

Yeah, don't bother with DayZCommander or any of the other launcher tools. Really, they're a waste of time and effort.

Find where you've downloaded the update files, and extract them to ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\

Make sure it's only files going in there, and not folders. You'll know the difference. Your directory should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ARcZi.gif

Thank you!

• Like 1

I was like you. But then I didn't want to wait a week for 1.7.2.5 to come out, so I bit the bullet, dropped Six and got DayZ Commander.

I hate changing things like programs to make things work. I delayed switching to chrome from firefox for 5 months, once I did, I now shun firefox like internet explorer. Similar thing with this. Six worked for what I needed, so why change it? But it's so slow on updates, so it's worthless.

EDIT: I cannot run the game manually, it simply will not run. I need the launchers to make it run on my 10 year old hard drive. I've tried every trick, etc. SO don't consider the launchers a "waste of time" when some of us need them :)

arrr. Try me!

The issue with the launchers is that they don't actually solve anything. I'd step up to the challenge of solving your particular problem, for sure!

I just wish these people who spend so much time creating launchers that do fuck all (except complicate things) would code something more productive, like admin tools. Holy shit, I would love some admin tools I could rely on.

Edited by Manta-Avoid

The manual install files are 1.7.2.5 not 1.7.2.6.

Did the manual installion, started six updater, still 1.7.2.5

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

If the files at the cdn.armafiles.com/latest mirror are .5, search for another mirror. Super simple stuff

.6 Torrent: http://www.dayzmod.com/DayZ-1.7.2.6.torrent

Edited by Manta-Avoid

arrr. Try me!

The issue with the launchers is that they don't actually solve anything. I'd step up to the challenge of solving your particular problem, for sure!

I just wish these people who spend so much time creating launchers that do fuck all (except complicate things) would code something more productive, like admin tools. Holy shit, I would love some admin tools I could rely on.

I've had two separate professionals try to get a couple different programs to run (Skype and Rosetta Stone refused to work. Skype now works after their latest update, dunno why) as well as a couple friends who know more about this sort of thing than I do. Nothing I can do, even using the cmd promt to manually run the programs hasn't worked. I, and the professionals, have just chalked it up to the fact that my hard drive just celebrated it's 10th birthday. In these 10 years it's had countless crashes, and to be perfectly honest, I'm amazed it still works at all.

DayZ is just the latest addition to the list of programs that won't run on this computer. At least arma only set me back $30 unlike Rosetta Stone which cost me about $700. Not only that, but I can still play dayz as long as I use the launchers. I don't know what they do with the launchers that is different, but whatever it is, it works, so I don't complain.

Because regardless of what you actually have installed, Six will only launch the version that it has running. Not sure how/why that is, but that's just how it goes.

EDIT: Oops, major spelling error

Edited by Ipurgepeople

I've had two separate professionals try to get a couple different programs to run (Skype and Rosetta Stone refused to work. Skype now works after their latest update, dunno why) as well as a couple friends who know more about this sort of thing than I do. Nothing I can do, even using the cmd promt to manually run the programs hasn't worked. I, and the professionals, have just chalked it up to the fact that my hard drive just celebrated it's 10th birthday. In these 10 years it's had countless crashes, and to be perfectly honest, I'm amazed it still works at all.

DayZ is just the latest addition to the list of programs that won't run on this computer. At least arma only set me back $30 unlike Rosetta Stone which cost me about $700. Not only that, but I can still play dayz as long as I use the launchers. I don't know what they do with the launchers that is different, but whatever it is, it works, so I don't complain.

No kidding, hey? You've invested a lot of money into software, but how come you're still running a 10yr old HDD? They're only under shop warranty for 12 months, and manufacturer's warranty for a max of 36 months. In any case, Had you been able to go so far as testing this under a new user account or a fresh reinstall of your operating system?

Not to say you need to blow everything away - there's a lot to be said for clean installs. Only personalised settings would be lost in that event, not personal data.

LMK, or PM me please

Yes, I tried with fresh install.

As far as Rosetta is concerned, I just put it on my laptop, which is a better place for it anyway, since I can then use it while flying.

I had bought a 2TB HDD with the intentions of replacing this one, but I bought the wrong one and it likes to turn itself off to conserve energy, which is great for a storage drive, which is what I use it for atm.

I just don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling steam to my 2tb, and I don't have the money to buy a new HDD. I have no income, and have about $2000 worth of more important things to spend my money on than my computational annoyance.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

Yes, I tried with fresh install.

As far as Rosetta is concerned, I just put it on my laptop, which is a better place for it anyway, since I can then use it while flying.

I had bought a 2TB HDD with the intentions of replacing this one, but I bought the wrong one and it likes to turn itself off to conserve energy, which is great for a storage drive, which is what I use it for atm.

I just don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling steam to my 2tb, and I don't have the money to buy a new HDD. I have no income, and have about $2000 worth of more important things to spend my money on than my computational annoyance.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Not quite.. we're still in Tech Support.

Relocating steam is a piece of cake.

The Real Simple way:

1. Cut and paste your steam directory from where it is to where you want it

The Proper way:

1. Open Explorer and navigate to the new location for Steam

2. In that location, create a folder for steam to be installed to.

3. Exit Steam.

4. Go to your steam installation directory, and find the folder named "steamapps"

5. Copy and paste "Steamapps" to the folder created in step 2.

6. Uninstall Steam

7. Reboot and reinstall steam to the new directory.

Once you log into steam, it will detect the presence of all your games and licenses in the new directory.

Hugs, puppies and rainbows for everyone.

If the files at the cdn.armafiles.com/latest mirror are .5, search for another mirror. Super simple stuff

.6 Torrent: http://www.dayzmod.c...1.7.2.6.torrent

How do you look for another mirror? for future use by me and my friends so we don't have to ask on the forums every time.

Thanks.

How do you look for another mirror? for future use by me and my friends so we don't have to ask on the forums every time.

Thanks.

That's cool,

I would recommend the torrent link on the DayZmod.com download page, as there are malicious content servers out there now. The torrent is MD5 hashed, so you won't download anything the DayZ Devs don't intend you to have.

That's cool,

I would recommend the torrent link on the DayZmod.com download page, as there are malicious content servers out there now. The torrent is MD5 hashed, so you won't download anything the DayZ Devs don't intend you to have.

I used that torrent link, but sadly it seems to be 1.7.2.5 unless sixupdater just wotn pick up the update I added. Any ideas? is it the old manual files or does sixupdater not work with it?

Thanks for all the help.

Not quite.. we're still in Tech Support.

Relocating steam is a piece of cake.

The Real Simple way:

1. Cut and paste your steam directory from where it is to where you want it

The Proper way:

1. Open Explorer and navigate to the new location for Steam

2. In that location, create a folder for steam to be installed to.

3. Exit Steam.

4. Go to your steam installation directory, and find the folder named "steamapps"

5. Copy and paste "Steamapps" to the folder created in step 2.

6. Uninstall Steam

7. Reboot and reinstall steam to the new directory.

Once you log into steam, it will detect the presence of all your games and licenses in the new directory.

Hugs, puppies and rainbows for everyone.

The second one would be necessary, seeing as steam messes with some regkeys, that I don't have the patience to dig up.

IN other words: I'm lazy, and I don't need to do it just yet, so I won't. :)

No problem. Sixupdater gets the updates late, so it won't acknowledge your installed version as .6 until it has the hashes to do so - which it currently doesn't.

You're using steam, installed to its' default location, right? If that's the case, you should find arma2oa.exe in the following folder:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\

Can you confirm?

Edited by Manta-Avoid

The second one would be necessary, seeing as steam messes with some regkeys, that I don't have the patience to dig up.

IN other words: I'm lazy, and I don't need to do it just yet, so I won't. :)

Well, I hate it when my girlfriend gets lazy, and I'm not about to hold you half-up in the air to get the job done either. Sorry dudeman!

• Like 1

No problem. Sixupdater gets the updates late, so it won't acknowledge your installed version as .6 until it has the hashes to do so - which it currently doesn't.

You're using steam, installed to its' default location, right? If that's the case, you should find arma2oa.exe in the following folder:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\

Can you confirm?

Yep it is in the steam folder and ready to go. Sadly guess I got to wait for sixupdater. When does sixupdater get it usually? A Day late or something?