Dirty Pyrex

Anti-Bitching, or "How I've come to love DayZ and it's flaws and so can you,"

Where to even begin? I'll start with the "CRY MOAR ITS ALPHA,"

Exactly. You never paid for the mod, nor the work that's been put into it by others. You paid for Arma 2, an already bugged game rampant with glitches after reading some blog on how 'cool, fresh and hip this new DayZ mod is,' or 'it's the newest left 4 dead guyz, c'mon!' It's not. And it never will be. It was an experiment, quote 'anti-game,' which you build attachment to your character, your equipment and the time you've put into it, and then get upset when you lose it to <insert excuse here> because you logged on and got yourself into whatever mess occurred.

"I got sniped! What a bunch of candy ass, left-wing homosexuals! With their hip hideouts in the trees, and their obamacare,"

If it looks like a sniper might have a vantage point, chances are, a sniper -may- or -may not- have a bead on that location. You took the risk; quit complaining about your own mistakes.

"Faggot spawn killers and their Romney-esque 'keepin the man down!' activities. go fight someone who can fight back!"

Boohoo; you died and lost nothing. Enjoy your fresh spawn, who knows, maybe you'll even find something nicer this time around.

"GAME'S BROKE, tl;dr, I quit until somebody fixes the <insert issue with game engine here>!"

I would re-iterate that it's alpha, but apparently that doesn't mean anything to anyone, so i'll leave you with this: the mod is free, and nobody here put shit into the game except for their time, in which case, sorry you look back on it as time wasted. Personally, I like the quirks of the game. Gives it a flavor that has kept me coming back, regardless of losing my coyote backpacks contents because the engine wants to hiccup and sputter. I deal with it, I adapt, I enjoy. Can't tell you how many times the games had me laughing my ass off over a defect in the engine, or a glitch that offers another highlight to an evening of playing.

Last, but of course not least, everyone's favorite complaint:

"ASDFGHJKL! HAX! Haxorz this, thunderdome that, teleport this, rage 'bout that, LKJHGFDSA hear me menstruate about hakz guyz..."

For nearly every encounter I've ever had with a hacker, it's been a surreal, creepy, nervous encounter that has left me dead, confused, amused, or better off. In any case, I still chuckle back at it. From camping a hillside, waiting on a hapless victim come along, I hear a foghorn go off directly beside me. I ask myself, 'who could see me, what's going on?!' and I don't see where it's coming from until I turnt around, only to see a Ural not even 5m behind me. I ask in DC if he's friendly, and he types out that I should get in. Being the bandit-sort I am, I feigned that I was not intent on hurting him until I lined up a shot to his head through the windowscreen; I unloaded half the clip into his head and promptly watched him exit the vehicle, tell me I "wasn't very nice," to which I unloaded the -rest- of my clip into him, and still he got back into the Ural, drove off the mountainside and left me shaken, confused, and wondering if shooting a hacker in the head on sight is really the best way to go about staying alive for long.

Other hackers have been nice enough to give me vehicles, weapons, tools, soldier outfits, the whole nine. Often, on a shitty uneventful play through, a scripter has made my day in game by doing something whimsical. Not to say scripting is good, nor do I endorse it, I simply can't reconcile coming onto the forum and complaining where hundreds have complained before and expecting results other than,

"QQ, cry moar ,"

Thank you for reading, that is all.

Sincerely, Dirty Pyrex,

Edited by Dirty Pyrex
  • Like 7

Good read. Probably won't stop the whining, but......you tried.

"I simply can't reconcile coming onto the forum and complaining where hundreds have complained before"

Ironic exerpt is Ironic.

Bitching about bitching is still bitching, and clutters the forums.

"ASDFGHJKL! HAX! Haxorz this, thunderdome that, teleport this, rage 'bout that, LKJHGFDSA hear me menstruate about hakz guyz..."

For nearly every encounter I've ever had with a hacker, it's been a surreal, creepy, nervous encounter that has left me dead, confused, amused, or better off. In any case, I still chuckle back at it. From camping a hillside, waiting on a hapless victim come along, I hear a foghorn go off directly beside me. I ask myself, 'who could see me, what's going on?!' and I don't see where it's coming from until I turnt around, only to see a Ural not even 5m behind me. I ask in DC if he's friendly, and he types out that I should get in. Being the bandit-sort I am, I feigned that I was not intent on hurting him until I lined up a shot to his head through the windowscreen; I unloaded half the clip into his head and promptly watched him exit the vehicle, tell me I "wasn't very nice," to which I unloaded the -rest- of my clip into him, and still he got back into the Ural, drove off the mountainside and left me shaken, confused, and wondering if shooting a hacker in the head on sight is really the best way to go about staying alive for long.

Other hackers have been nice enough to give me vehicles, weapons, tools, soldier outfits, the whole nine. Often, on a shitty uneventful play through, a scripter has made my day in game by doing something whimsical. Not to say scripting is good, nor do I endorse it, I simply can't reconcile coming onto the forum and complaining where hundreds have complained before and expecting results other than,

I agree with your post, apart from this bit. You wrote this part as if you speak for everyone, but most people don't have hacking experiences they can 'laugh off'. Yes, there are hackers out there who like to have a laugh. I think the teleporting & playing scary noises is hilarious. However, everyday now I'm having people teleport to me with god mode and kill me. There's nothing funny about that, It's just pointless griefing.

I understand this is a mod, It's in alpha, and I haven't paid anything for it. That doesn't make it any less irritating.

I use four servers now, all have been hacker free....When I go outside those severs hackers are more rampant...

"I simply can't reconcile coming onto the forum and complaining where hundreds have complained before"

Ironic exerpt is Ironic.

Bitching about bitching is still bitching, and clutters the forums.

I'm not complaining; I'm explaining why you shouldn't be upset.

I agree with your post, apart from this bit. You wrote this part as if you speak for everyone, but most people don't have hacking experiences they can 'laugh off'. Yes, there are hackers out there who like to have a laugh. I think the teleporting & playing scary noises is hilarious. However, everyday now I'm having people teleport to me with god mode and kill me. There's nothing funny about that, It's just pointless griefing.

I understand this is a mod, It's in alpha, and I haven't paid anything for it. That doesn't make it any less irritating.

I am attempting to speak for everyone; I've had the same experience and others. I've been thunderdomed, randomly killed, dropped, sent to the debug with everyone else in the server, etc, etc. I'm saying, look to the experiences you can laugh off, no point in brooding over a bunch of gear that you'll forget next time you re arm. I'm trying to tell people to look on the bright side.

Edited by Dirty Pyrex

Good thread, excellent points. Ashamed it'll fall on deaf ears. Though I bet those complainers will bitch at you for this post.

Good thread, excellent points. Ashamed it'll fall on deaf ears. Though I bet those complainers will bitch at you for this post.

appreciated words.