mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Presuming they don't artefact (which judging by Rocket's twitter post, has been effectively patched out), then no way should we get rid of barbed wire.

Yes, it's annoying.

Yes, that's the point.

Honestly it's not the most difficult thing in the world to find a toolbox, and even if it is, maybe that's an indication that there's other places to be searched than the clichéd church-firestation-supermarket-factory formula. In my opinion, if there's some obstacle that needs to be overcome for you to get inside the firestation and get an ak or m4 immediately after spawning fresh, then that's a really good thing.

Find a hatchet, play the game.

• Like 1

Yes.. Oh please god yes.. it's absolutely worthless!

I agree with barricades, if the wire was easier to cut with a tool box and if it prevented zombies from passing through it, I would say leave it in. Perhaps in the standalone. But as it is now, please remove it.

Remove the barbed wire IF AND ONLY IF this is the ONLY item in the game that CAUSES the artifacting graphical glitch. If the glitch can still occur on things like soldiers dead bodies then i would say there is no point in removing it.

For now wire don't have a practical usage instead of trolling newbie players.

As for me if you remove it or not - I don't care. I don't use it and don't afraid of it.

Edited by Laufer

Sure but might I add a suggestion? Hackers are able to spawn millitary buildings and create their own forts or camps. I'd love it if there was a way to create these props and make our own camps up north with such props. Examples of what Im talking about: ArmAII/ArmAII:OA library of available equipment and objects - Hosted by Armaholic.com

Wire spools and tank traps arent really great for making it look like a neat camp...Now here me out if you look on one of those pages there's a light that runs off a generator, how cool would that be to light up your camp and have it look like an actual survival outpost when dark hits. Of course youll need jerry cans to keep it runing.

Edited by Resausk

I know I'm late, but I would say yes, for the simple fact that the majority of found wire will be put up to block off high value loot spawns for trolling purposes.

Yes. A thousand times yes. The only purpose it serves is for trolling players. If you disagree, you're one of those trolls.

Beautiful logic.

No - keep it in because not everyone is as dumb as this guy.

Keep the barbwire!

What's a camp without barbwire? :(

It shouldn't be removed entirely, but you shouldn't be able to place it in cities. If it has to be removed in the mean time, I'm completely okay with that.

I think it does have a place in the game, but it is not in the fire station.

Remove it, all it is used to is to stop players from entering buildings with good loot, also it would be great if Zombies walked around things like wire and sandbags instead of just walking through it.

YES!!!Because it is only for PvP...to some ***** to annoy other people...putting that thing everywhere....if it can stop zombies...then no...but in this state...is only for keep out from looting....