mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, unless it can be made easier to remove. ie not having to spend 5 minutes to find the exact mm of wire that needs to be pointed at to get the message that disappears as soon as you try to click your mouse button. And some is impossible to remove because the removal points have ended up inside a wall.

• Like 1

really hope you never remove it, people that dont want it probably have no idea it can be easily removed, or how it can be used.

No, just make it block zombies. It's called balancing.

I think the question is clearly "as they are now"

Not like it matters, i have seen camps so secured by barb wire and tank traps you would think they are impossible to enter. GUESS again, because everyone just server hops, moves mere meters foward, then goes back on the other server, and bam, you are in the camp.

Due to the ability to server hop, Barb wire is essentially useless.

Not like it matters, i have seen camps so secured by barb wire and tank traps you would think they are impossible to enter. GUESS again, because everyone just server hops, moves mere meters foward, then goes back on the other server, and bam, you are in the camp.

Due to the ability to server hop, Barb wire is essentially useless.

if people barricade their camp so no one can get in, it begs the question "how do they get in?" that's what I was saying about people claiming they use them to camp in a building. if that's the case, how do you get out without removing it?

it just seems like a thing where people try to appeal to a few 'legit' uses, knowing damn well they just use them to farm loot and grief people

Yes, take it out for now please. Until it is known to be 100% working correctly without causing any artifacting for the user, it should not be in the game. As it is, only a very select few are using this stuff for it's intended purpose of safeguarding tents, vehicle stashes, securing an entrance to a building they may be in. Most are simply using it to grief new spawns by covering almost every lootable building's entrance, and until the consumable dupe is fixed(you can easily dupe the barbed wire/tanktraps/sandbags in REAL TIME, it needs to go. People can simply make it impossible for a fresh spawn to enter a building from komarovo all the way to elektro. It's a troll item as it is right now, plus it causes artifacting in some cases.

I say remove it. For now.

Cosmetics? I put an empty coyote in the middle of a field and surrounded it with barbed wire.

I then proceeded to to watch 2 noobs try to get inside the barbed wire for about 40 minutes....when I had purposely placed the barbed wire close enough so that it could be grabbed from the outside.

They both failed and left.

It is a source of great entertainment and the people who want it removed do so because it can be difficult to get around.

Difficult seems to = NO in this god damned community.

No, absolutely not. I've been around the block with this game since May now. I have my own server, as well as having put massive amounts of hours into this. There are simply times when if used correctly, there is NO WAY OVER IT unless you have a toolbox, and this is an issue for new spawns. People with end-game loot who have nothing better to do should not be able to completely make buildings unlootable by a new spawn. As I said in my other post, there is a widespread consumable dupe glitch going on right now, where you can dupe any item that activates a green box saying "use item" in your inventory screen. You can dupe it in real time as well, so as long as you have one of the item, you have an endless supply of it. Until this gets fixed, it needs to go. I had to get a new instance ID because some idiot thought it would be cool to use this glitch on EVERY BUILDING THAT COULD BE ENTERED FROM KOMAROVO TO SOLNICHNIY. That's the problem. The stuff comes back on every server restart, even if you took it down. This is another issue with the hive not updating itself properly. Fix that, and it can stay in... but only if you fix that issue as otherwise, it's just going to cause grief.

Edited by KField86

Of course it should be removed.

Benefits: None. (Used purely to grief, zombies walk through it, cars run over it.)

Cost: Critical gfx glitch that has greeted tens of thousands of new players and has been shown in interviews/vids worldwide.

Easiest cost/benefit analysis of all time.

It's not "should it be removed or not" that is the issue. The issue is how it's implemented. Find another way to utilize it without it being used ONLY to grief. Otherwise, just don't have it I guess.

Of course leave it - wire is good item to make ambush on cars (to stop im and shoot em). Just need fix bug with duplicating (like with food and other stuff).

I don't think anything should really be removed, rather improved. The barbwire should, most definitely, be tweaked. Not only is it annoying, but it is glitchy and just too easy to plop. There should be more risks with the item -- and as the saying says, risk comes reward. Reading through others posts, they seem to all be either firmly on one side or another; I don't see too much reason.