mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Yes

I have only seen barbed wire used properly once - to set up a camp. 99.9% of all the other barbed wire I see is around towns/spawns and just gets in the way, totally blocking some areas. how likely would you find spools of barbed wire IRL anyway?

Edited by Skydiver

No but fix it so it blocks zombies coming through and it could be useful.

Right now, it's not.

Don't remove them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are fun part of the game that give me a huge adrenaline rush when i try to remove them for 5 minutes, while i KNOW that someone can shoot me. They do neet to be upgraded though, zombies not walking through not being able to set 20 in one exact place etc.

Remove it............There is no real reason for it other then idiots using it to troll with and put it in annoying places. It is one of the graphic problems and should be removed until a fix is made for it to be used.

Do not remove it, it is quite useful and if people paid attention once again they have rolled out an artifact fix so stop clamoring for them to fix the bodies instead.

Yes, it's only useful to griefers. Make it stop Zombies or at least slow them for 5-8 seconds and you MIGHT be able to make a case for it.

I say if you can make it work, then by all means leave it in. It is intended for the making of a base/camp. So with the whole idea being to rebuild and create factions in the future it makes perfect sense for it to be in the game. The main point is IF IT WILL WORK haha. If it is a huge issue to fix, then yeah. Take it out for now, and see if you can't rethink of something similar. So my vote is if it can be functional and not cause graphical error, then leave it in game. If not, then it's a no brainer take it out and work on it.

Please YES. Zombies can go through them and players just place them for griefing. AND I sometimes still get graphical glitches from them.

There is not 1 valid point to have them. They can't protect from zombies and block loot places. You see great loot in there and you are forced to go on another server into the building then log off and go back to get your loot. It just forces server hoping. No use at all for them for anything else.

Yes. They only cause problems at the moment. Kind of useless right now too. And you can always add them back later...only trolls will miss them.

Yes, it doesn't do anything against zombies and it only irritates everyone else.

No don't be removing things. I know barbed wire can be annoying to some players.Think of it like this if an apocalypse did happen in real life would you not want to baracade your self in a house? What I like to do is on a fresh spawn is head to elektro or Cherno. I will get a much supplys as I can then get out of there. But I don't leave without a map. So if there is no map around I will find my self some tank traps/barbed wire and trap my self in a house (only if I have a toolbox). This protects me from other players near enough.

Instead of taking babred wire out of the game how about you add more toolboxes to the game?

As a strategic aspect I think they are fun, but bring back the ability to climb over with bleeding (it was in 2.3 I'm sure).

Also make it so that you can take them down without tools. you can put them up without tools so what difference does it make. At least make tools as common as barb wire.