TheMachine

Make hacking LEGAL - read before rage

Look, this is a serious discussion thread about a major issue. Please don't just troll it.

It's no longer hacking if it's legalized.

No it's not something like guns, drugs, alcohol or smoking. People hack because they can't stand losing or just want to anger you, not because they need a fix and "hey,it's my body, not yours ". .

Second this would make thing even easier for the "hackers" because it's legal, everybody will use it. I understand that you want to use it to fight hackers with but this feature would turn even more people into "hackers". because now you are giving them the "cheats". Alot of people are not hacking because they are morally not inclined to "cheat" or because they are afraid to get banned. Alot of people/kiddies are lazy and do not know how and where to find "hack software" Nevermind installing it. Then keeping up with updates to prevent banning. etc etc. But now you want to give them the feature to hack as an simple option ingame. Whenever they suspect someone approaching or they are going to attack someone they will have godmode activated.

It will be abused. Just like Clanserver Admins abuse the server at reset. because it's not really illegal right? I mean hey I just needed to go to the toilet, saw no use in logging off, godmode instead and just "forgot about it".

The day this happens is the day I stop gaming.

I said that years ago about paid downloadable content.

Letting little crybaby bitches buy weapons on BF3 because they're too shit to earn them made me realise how far gaming has come.

That's why I'm happy for a game like this, and happy to wait as long as it takes, because I see it as a fantastic step in the right direction for gaming. OP needs to stay off the crack.

• Like 1

Letting little crybaby bitches buy weapons on BF3 because they're too shit to earn them made me realise how far gaming has come.

I'll admit I bought those weapons and upgrades on BF3 and I do for most games. It's because I simply don't have the time to level all the way up to 50 or whatever and unlock all the weapons I want. I think I'm still only about level 15 on BF3. I play it every once in a while, but not often.

• Like 1

I said that years ago about paid downloadable content.

That's why I'm happy for a game like this, and happy to wait as long as it takes, because I see it as a fantastic step in the right direction for gaming. OP needs to stay off the crack.

Well it happened if BFBC2 as well, I say let them. No high end guns are any better than the low end guns in the games. If people think they're going to be better because they have the last unlocked gun in their hands, then they have a surprise waiting when I kill them with my M4A1. This is entirely different though, this is giving people a chance to play God, against other Gods, and not even in a good way like Black and White. Everyone would be able to reach "End-Game" status with no effort and no satisfaction. There would be nothing left to do, not even shooting people, because hey, we would all have God Mode, we wouldn't be able to die, or kill. Sounds fun? Er, no, not really.

I'll admit I bought those weapons and upgrades on BF3 and I do for most games. It's because I simply don't have the time to level all the way up to 50 or whatever and unlock all the weapons I want. I think I'm still only about level 15 on BF3. I play it every once in a while, but not often.

Pathetic. I have never bought a weapons pack or anything of the sort and I still own all the little kids that do. I suppose I can't really blame kids for wanting to take the easy way out, there just should BE an easy way out.

Look at what proportion of the community hacked in some form or another within the last 24 hours:

250r1o6.jpg

I think the facts speak for themselves. We need to do something against this, if you just sit there and do nothing you're as bad as the hackers... :thumbsup:

Edited by itputsthelotion

Black and White was a great game.

Lol, I'm going to have to buy that again, or B&W2, I can't remeber if I played the second or not, shame on me if I didn't.

Look at what proportion of the community hacked in some form or another within the last 24 hours:

250r1o6.jpg

I think the facts speak for themselves. We need to do something against this, if you just sit there and do nothing you're as bad as the hackers... :thumbsup:

And joining them makes you somehow better? Seriously post something sensible.

Wow, what a co-incidence, I was just making a graph with the facts I've found about hackers - legit players.

This isn't 100% accurate, it's got a 2-3% margin of error and the figures keep changing day by day.

2irnk2r.png

Edited by TheMachine

Okay well honestly it would be great to god mode out of shit situations but then why not sink to their level?

What we should be doing is instead of feeding the hackers the rage they ever so desire.

Why not shun them so hard. Using literal standards that make them feel like children.

Are hackers not children? I mean what adult or mature person cheats in games because they SUCK at it? WHO? a fucking child does.

LETS CHEAT BECAUSE WE ARE TOO STUPID TO LEARN NEW WAYS! YEAH!

Fuck that idea. Giving in to hackers. Brain wash these hackers into thinking they are puny fucking dumb shits who are TOO stupid to LEARN a game.

EDIT COLOUR I KEEP FUCKING FORGETTING.

Edited by suKi

You're right, dayz needs a function like this too -- Great suggestion. If you pay $15 you get the crate spawn DLC, I don't have loads of time to play either that would level the playing field. Fantastic idea, ArmA-Nicholas :)

Gotta love when people start twisting your words around. He's grasping for air now. The only path he can take leads under the troll bridge. Bravo.

You're right, dayz needs a function like this too -- Great suggestion. If you pay $15 you get the crate spawn DLC, I don't have loads of time to play either that would level the playing field. Fantastic idea, ArmA-Nicholas :)

Can't tell if sarcastic or just fucking stupid...

I read the OP and I have to say, OP. You're a fucking retard.

If you didn't run around cherno firing off your weapons like you're having an all-invited garden party then perhaps you wouldn't attract so much attention. Hackers are not that common, battleye has (mostly) been fixed and I haven't seen a hacker for days now. Chances are, if you're blazing through cherno like a retarded puppy attacking anything that moves, the person that shoots you is not a hacker but is another player that has heard your torrential rain of poorly aimed lead flying and has come to shut you up.

What I'm saying is (If there was any doubt), there are hackers but the numbers are nowhere near as high as you make them out to be.

Look, this is a serious discussion thread about a major issue. Please don't just troll it.

• Like 1

Hackers don't hack because they are being limited in gameplay. They hack because they want to fundamentally be at a complete advantage to everyone else in the game, one you could never aspire to because they alone have the power, you do not.

It's a fundamentally different psychology to game playing. Hackers in online games don't care about fair play or being limited in the same way as everyone else. You give everyone the option to be a god (which is already a stupid idea for this game anyway) and you don't satisfy the hacker's ego to be superior to everyone else. They still crave their zero effort win condition so they'll find another way to hack.

You're only attacking the symptom, not the disease. The disease is that some people can't handle to play an online game on its terms and feel the need to stack it in their favor to the detriment of everyone else.

Like I said this is a psychological issue, not a game design one. It's rooted in the basics flaws of humanity with regards to fairness and respect for others.

• Like 3

Hackers don't hack because they are being limited in gameplay. They hack because they want to fundamentally be at a complete advantage to everyone else in the game, one you could never aspire to because they alone have the power, you do not.

It's a fundamentally different psychology to game playing. Hackers in online games don't care about fair play or being limited in the same way as everyone else. You give everyone the option to be a god (which is already a stupid idea for this game anyway) and you don't satisfy the hacker's ego to be superior to everyone else. They still crave their zero effort win condition so they'll find another way to hack.

You're only attacking the symptom, not the disease. The disease is that some people can't handle to play an online game on its terms and feel the need to stack it in their favor to the detriment of everyone else.

Like I said this is a psychological issue, not a game design one. It's rooted in the basics flaws of humanity with regards to fairness and respect for others.

Espescially with the Arma II engine, we give everyone a default set of current hacks and just wait, new scripts come in and change everything again.

Great, if I get killed I turn godmode on and kill everybody else on the server until I am bored. Then I start normal again and get killed by the next godmode guy that goes rampage...

Then I stop playing because its pointless :)

I agree with everything you say, but I'm afraid it's probably falling on deaf ears. Probably would be a good idea to lock the thread and let it die out, it's clearly a case of idiots, or trolls, either way logic seems to have no impact on them.

Even if you gave the normal players godmode the hackers would just come out with a script to kill them, nothing would change except making the game extremely horribile, as to how many people already cheat the game with exploits and disconnecting from fights I don't think ANYONE would play unless they ONLY wanted zombies. If you're tired of hackers try a private hive, I haven't had a hacker in my server since ever.