Sign in to follow this  
heliman (DayZ)

Artillery Strikes

ARMA 2 released, no one cares. Someone makes a zombie mod, everyone wants to turn mod back into ARMA 2? Go figure, got my stuffed.

Most of you sound like butt hurt snipers so scared about artillery units coming into the game. Let me remind you this is why artillery is useful against snipers.

isYrH.jpg

Notice how the sniper on the left only cares for his kills and doesn't look out for his buddy who is getting air borne from an artillery strike. You know why this is? Cause the sniper on the left never learnt his lesson he suffer's from combat deafness from past artillery strikes around his position and his primary concern is his k/d ratio.

• Like 1

lol...comabt deafness? is that defined as a severe form of TTS or more blown-your-eardrum-out PTS? dafuq U know about this...

CoD DOES require skills! I played the very first of the series...but the skills involve mainly being fast, clicking, and being precise. You need those here, too. Plus you need to be way more careful and plan next steps, make tactical decisions and need to know the ballistics of most weaponry that you are using. Makes this game right here more challenging imo.

And Artillery strikes?? wtf? maybe we should include a bomber or tqo on the map too, so we can fly bombing runs over the cities...or a few battletanks...pewpewbangbbom brrrrr

I don't get it. WIll never be added to the game.

DUDE THE WHOLE CHERNO RUSSIAN MILITARY HAS BEEN DESTROYED AND YOUR ONLY CIVILIAN HOW DAFAQ WOULD YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON AN ARTILLERY STRIKE!! (unless your bros are haxerz)

How this crude even work? Is it "ARTILLERY ABILITY 30 MINUTE COOL DOWN" or is it DAYS UPON DAYS OF GRINDING WITH A CLAN.

How this crude even work? Is it "ARTILLERY ABILITY 30 MINUTE COOL DOWN" or is it DAYS UPON DAYS OF GRINDING WITH A CLAN.

a box of artillery shells is pretty hard to come by just like how rare rocket launchers are.

DUDE THE WHOLE CHERNO RUSSIAN MILITARY HAS BEEN DESTROYED AND YOUR ONLY CIVILIAN HOW DAFAQ WOULD YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON AN ARTILLERY STRIKE!! (unless your bros are haxerz)

well maybe some abandoned artillery unit that someone forgot to destroy. just the thought of having this in game should put a lot more paranoia on sniper teams.

Artillery?

No.

But I'd take a Mortar were it to take the backpack slot like the current M136.

Introduce different kind of shell, similar to the M203 rounds.

Mortar Flare (stay in the air longer and illuminate the area more)

Mortar Smoke (M203 smoke, more range, good for rangefinding before lobbing the killing shell)

Mortar HE (Explosion force somewhere between a M67/M203HE and a satchel charge)

Take the 2B14 Podnos (currently in service under the Russian army), it's an 82mm mortar piece, usually handled in pair (but it can be used in solo).

The maximum range is of 4.25km. That's right, it could fire across a third of Chernarus.

Since the operator can't usually see a target (Min. Eff. range is 80m), you'd need a spotter with whom you are in direct contact.

Blind-firing would be wasteful to an extreme degree.

EDIT:

Similar model, undemiled.

Edited by Axelord FTW
  • Like 1

It makes literally no sense that a group of disheveled civilians would have sense to an artillery strike. Please go back to call of duty :).

• Like 1

It makes literally no sense that a group of disheveled civilians would have sense to an artillery strike. Please go back to call of duty :).

you realize that there are rocket launchers in the game with absolutely no use to them atm. What's it doing in the hands on civilians when you could replace them with something more useful such as artillery/mortars.

Most of you sound like butt hurt snipers so scared about artillery units coming into the game. Let me remind you this is why artillery is useful against snipers.

isYrH.jpg

Notice how the sniper on the left only cares for his kills and doesn't look out for his buddy who is getting air borne from an artillery strike. You know why this is? Cause the sniper on the left never learnt his lesson he suffer's from combat deafness from past artillery strikes around his position and his primary concern is his k/d ratio.

You sound like a butthurt dayz player who keeps getting sniped. Also you are a idiot because there is no freaking k/d in this game. They kill players for loot or to stop them for moving forward. Innocent unarmed player can find a tree stand with a akm in it and then becomes a big threat,

Edited by harley001
  • Like 1

You sound like a butthurt dayz player who keeps getting sniped. Lemme guess you into fire stations thinking their good spots.

Just admit it you are scared of artillery/mortars units coming into the game since you cant camp all day long to hunt fresh spawns at cherno as it would ruin your fun.

Just admit it you are scared of artillery/mortars units coming into the game since you cant camp all day long to hunt fresh spawns at cherno as it would ruin your fun.

LOL? Is that you're response to everything. "uhhhh he disargree's with me so he must be a snipeh" how about you learn to kill them. So basically it is this.

You find a artillery gun you get ammo and get it working. Then with a press of a button it blows a place up. YOU DON'T SEE THE ISSUE WITH THAT!? Also seeing as to how fast you reacted to that i am saying you're entire life is spent here on this forum

LOL? Is that you're response to everything. "uhhhh he disargree's with me so he must be a snipeh" how about you learn to kill them. So basically it is this.

You find a artillery gun you get ammo and get it working. Then with a press of a button it blows a place up. YOU DON'T SEE THE ISSUE WITH THAT!? Also seeing as to how fast you reacted to that i am saying you're entire life is spent here on this forum

i think you disagree with the idea cause you are scared and can't admit it. what about blowing a place up its not like how you imagine it to be where one shell levels the whole of chernarus.

thanks to technology i've got mutiple tabs running simultaneously so it's not like i spent my entire life on the forums i multitask perhaps its how quick you replied on these forums that got you think that way.

i think you disagree with the idea cause you are scared and can't admit it. what about blowing a place up its not like how you imagine it to be where one shell levels the whole of chernarus.

thanks to technology i've got mutiple tabs running simultaneously so it's not like i spent my entire life on the forums i multitask perhaps its how quick you replied on these forums that got you think that way.

Once again you're dumb excuse is excusing me of being a sniper and i am afaird of getting blown up. What proof do you have? ALSO. You're ideal SUCKS. Stop calling people scared snipers. You have told us NOTHING of this concept. You havent told us how it works or anything. All you said is that you want artilly to kill large areas of zombies and to deal with snipers because you are unable of learning how to.

Also I am done talking to you until you say something that dosen't evolve screaming about how scared snipers are or not just yelling at people who do not like you're ideal.

Edited by harley001
  • Like 1

Once again you're dumb excuse is excusing me of being a sniper and i am afaird of getting blown up. What proof do you have? ALSO. You're ideal SUCKS. Stop calling people scared snipers. You have told us NOTHING of this concept. You havent told us how it works or anything. All you said is that you want artilly to kill large areas of zombies and to deal with snipers because you are unable of learning how to.

Also I am done talking to you until you say something that dosen't evolve screaming about how scared snipers are or not just yelling at people who do not like you're ideal.

well i cant help you if you don't read my suggestions. If you just read a couple of words to sway the argument to your end then i cannot help you. to say the idea sucks without providing reasons for it is a bit contradictory on your part. Artillery/Mortars are here to unsettle all forms of camping behaviour whether it be in the form of bases with barbed wire,tanktraps,sandbags even which neil armstrong can't set foot on, sniper teams camping hill positions, mg nests, vehicle hoarding sites and whatever campers or large groups of campers feel 100% safe that they can ensure none of their group dies while wrecking havoc on lone wolves/fresh spawns for their own amusement.

If that's okay with you all, I'll remake a Mortar version of this thread eventually and treat criticism as such.

Keeping the trolling, counter-trolling and meta-trolling out.

Now that mortar idea is something I "could" think ingame.. maybe. It should be so hard, that you have to adjust the angle for the distance and heading, after this spotter near the target has to tell corrections. Not something bullshit like klick on the map and kabooom... that is just retarded shit. Ammo is so rare that raging kiddies can spam it across the hills randomly for a "sniper" kill, specially alone.

That flare and smoke things are nice tho.

Edited by Zeppa

Like to see these in game so you can clear an area full of zombies and can be mounted on top of the ural. Using it on the ural damages the wheels and anyone near its radius suffers from combat deafness.

This didn't explain sh*t. So basically you say you want artillery. And that people who get by it get deafness and vechs lose their wheels. That is not much explaining. How do we get the artillery. Do we need to find a gun then have a crew work it. Is the ammo rare? How much dmg does the shell do. EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN!

The mortar could be good, currently in ArmA II there is a mechanic to disassemble a mortar to 2 parts, the tube and the plate, which can be reassembled of course, it takes a 2 man team to move a mortar efficiently.

This didn't explain sh*t. So basically you say you want artillery. And that people who get by it get deafness and vechs lose their wheels. That is not much explaining. How do we get the artillery. Do we need to find a gun then have a crew work it. Is the ammo rare? How much dmg does the shell do. EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN!

probably just 1 artillery to play with and the shells are pretty rare to come by just like the rocket launcher. The shell does bout say 3 times the damage of a rocket launcher in game. In terms of building destruction it would probably take a couple of shells to completely level a building in the area. The wheels flatten out after a couple of uses and you are limited in terms of carrycapacity on the vehicle. It can done solo or as a 2 man team to get things done quicker. You could attach it to the ural and put some netting on it or hide it amongst some wooden logs on the ural.

probably just 1 artillery to play with and the shells are pretty rare to come by just like the rocket launcher. The shell does bout say 3 times the damage of a rocket launcher in game. In terms of building destruction it would probably take a couple of shells to completely level a building in the area. The wheels flatten out after a couple of uses and you are limited in terms of carrycapacity on the vehicle. It can done solo or as a 2 man team to get things done quicker. You could attach it to the ural and put some netting on it or hide it amongst some wooden logs on the ural.

wat

teh

fuk

You are scared about these coming into the game cause you are sniper camper who can't stand losing all his gear but will willfully engage all fresh spawns for the lols.

no you are asking for an I win button with a mounted missile launcher to a vehcile. I am sorry I do not think this will enhance game play for all of us just because you don't know how to deal with snipers/countersnipe

L2p and when you do, you might find that you dont need missles to kill people, just good gameplay