Sign in to follow this  
ABandit

items in tent disappear

Downgrade your version to 1.7.2.4 and play on a server that fits it.

Patch 1.7.2.5 doenst save tents (sometimes it does), Items in Tents, and Vehicles (exluding white offroad)

What's the betting OP has his tent 500m away from Cherno?

Anyway, tents are as buggy as sin. Their biggest problem isn't losing items but duplicating them. Also you did "save" the tent by action clicking on it right?

I can confirm, I tested this multiple times on my server running 1.7.2.6 / all items inside tents are not saving after a server restart. The tents remain in the same place but all of the items are gone when the server comes back up.

I tested one of the tents right in the middle of the road so yes flat ground. Can anyone confirm that items are saving for them after a server restart?

I'm not sure about 1.7.2.6, but in 1.7.2.5 the items only saved if you put everything you wanted in it within the first minute or so of laying it down. It didn't matter if you saved it or not the tent automatically saved itself. Then, every server restart the items were all there again.

Currently on our private server though you have to set the tent up then wait for a server restart before you can place any items in the tent, but luckily it doesn't dupe after that. I'm just not sure which version of DayZ we're using.

Edited by PygmyJess