Do you want side chat  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Side chat, good or bad?

• Just have it turned on by default, it's better that way
    • I would like side-chat if it was only available via walkie-talkie/radio
    • No, I hate human contact.

Not exactly fitting with the realism thing the game is going for imo. Walkie talkies would be great, especially if you can broadcast and tune into a massive number of channels.

pretty much this

allow us to find an item that enables a side chat menu or something, text as well as voice, but also have the option to turn it off if we have the item

I played on Lingor last night, they had side chat and it made the game feel much more sociable. I think it should be an option in the menu, so if you don't like it you can turn it off. Everyones happy then. :)

i think this is the best viable option

Not exactly fitting with the realism thing the game is going for imo. Walkie talkies would be great, especially if you can broadcast and tune into a massive number of channels.

if the realism is making the game less-enjoyable. it should be changed. i understand ppls thirst for "realism". but DayZ is already boring. you just run run run run run run run run run and RUN for miles. Theres only 2 outcome of this.

1: You die by being shot

2: You kill some

BOOORING

Not to mention that simple fact that the guy who shot you or you shot at, could have been a very nice guy. But you can't fuckin communicate in this idiot game so you just kill on sight.

PS.:and NO. Yelling in Direct Com "friendly" is not convincing.

A hacker gave me and a friend radios once.

We swapped to group chat and communicated with chat commands. 5-5 "WHERE ARE YOU?"

I agree, I was on a server with talking in side chat and I had a great time, but people on most servers call you a "fa*o*" if you talk on side chat and tell you "to shut the f*** up" Why?