Sign in to follow this  

Will this run days?

Would this run dayz at a relatively good speed, not on low settings. If not, will it run at least low settings at a good speed.

-Intel core i3-2120 CPU

-Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard

-Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 Graphics Card

-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Hard Drive

Thanks to anyone who replies and helps me out with this, I've been searching for info on this all day.

I'm using a laptop with 4 Gigs of RAM, Intel core i7 and a simple Intel HD Graphics for a Graphics Card with 500 GB hard drive... I'm not a computer wiz whatsoever but it sounds like you should be fine... you should get a more "experienced" input other than mine.

However, it isn't saying your RAM which is what really makes your computer run larger programs. 4 and above is good enough. Hopefully you can run DayZ because it is truly a great game.

Edited by HazardousJJ

You're good for running on medium settings. What's your monitor resolution?

the CPU might be a little weak.. you could download ArmA2 free and see how that runs.. it probably has a little lower requirements than the full game but it's a good start

You're good for running on medium settings. What's your monitor resolution?

I have yet to purchase any of this, so I'll just go out on a limb here and say, what would you recommend?

the CPU might be a little weak.. you could download ArmA2 free and see how that runs.. it probably has a little lower requirements than the full game but it's a good start

Thanks I think I'll upgrade to the Intel Core i5-2500k CPU, will that work?

Bump, can I get some more feedback on this, what do you guys think? I need more opinions before I build this pc so I can know if it will run DayZ.

I'm using a laptop with 4 Gigs of RAM, Intel core i7 and a simple Intel HD Graphics for a Graphics Card with 500 GB hard drive... I'm not a computer wiz whatsoever but it sounds like you should be fine... you should get a more "experienced" input other than mine.

However, it isn't saying your RAM which is what really makes your computer run larger programs. 4 and above is good enough. Hopefully you can run DayZ because it is truly a great game.

Hi r u running fine on dayz with a intel hd card?

Thanks I think I'll upgrade to the Intel Core i5-2500k CPU, will that work?

If you upgrade to the i5 you'll have a 3.2Ghz processing speed, correct? You should be able to run it smoothly then, especially since you can split the game into the new cores. i3 wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice, but it might pose some complications. I'd upgrade to the i5.

In short yes, you'll have to keep your settings i'd guess around medium and visual range to 2k'ish meters. I was on a laptop up until recently that had worse stats then that and I was able to run DayZ with not too many issues.

That kind of sounds like that 500 dollar Gaming PC that duncan33303 made. Be sure to get the Windows 7 if that is the case. Yeah, by the way, it will run on at least medium settings, since it is using an i3 processor. Just be sure to get some good RAM (about 4 should do spectactular) and you're good to go.

By the way, I personally recommend getting an i3-2130 if you are looking for slightly better performance, since it does come with a Sandy Bridge chip and is clocked at 3.4GHz.

Edited by Gesundheit

Yea with those stats it could be pushing it even for medium settings on dayz. i would look into upgrading your machine to really enjoy dayz with out raging from teleporting zombies.

That kind of sounds like that 500 dollar Gaming PC that duncan33303 made. Be sure to get the Windows 7 if that is the case. Yeah, by the way, it will run on at least medium settings, since it is using an i3 processor. Just be sure to get some good RAM (about 4 should do spectactular) and you're good to go.

By the way, I personally recommend getting an i3-2130 if you are looking for slightly better performance, since it does come with a Sandy Bridge chip and is clocked at 3.4GHz.

It is that build.

Alright guys, I'm back, but this time I've amped myself up to a bigger build and I'd like some feedback on it, as I want to ensure I won't have teleporting zombies, that is my biggest fear right now. So here's what I got planned, by the way I already started on it, I assumed because people said the previous build could barely run it, then this should run it just fine especially on lower settings. I intend to run it medium or low so I can have much higher framerates and be able to play with no lag. Let me know what you guys think.

Intel Core i5-2500k CPU

Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3 Motherboard

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 (this cost me half of a paycheck by the way, this is one expesive little bastard)

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengance 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

128 GB Samsung 830 SSD

2TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD

Corsair TX750M Modular PSU

Antec Three Hundred Two Case

Asus DVD Burner

Windows 7 Home Premium

Feedback? Will this run it better?

Edited by Guest

Bump, feedback, anyone?

i run a i7 2600k with the factory POS cooling on a msi g55 mobo. was only about $300 a bit over a year ago for the cpu and i play on high setting with roughly 40-70 fps in towns. gtx 460 graphics 1gb ddr4.sorry not familiar with ATi but looks like you should be okay

Edited by RyanK