Sign in to follow this  
DatToast

Tips to Survival? [Advanced]

Sup guys,

So I've been playing for about 3 weeks now. Managed to build up some nice gear. Got myself a guillie, all tools I need for basic survival, AS50, M9SD, and an L85. So yeah, not bad. But it's got to the point where I really, REALLY, don't want to die. I mean sure, it's part of the game, but I feel I'm inexperienced enough to know how to use the gear effectively and all the precautions I can take to try and stay alive for longer.

So basically the question is this; What are some advanced tips and tricks to stay alive and avoid dying as much as possible?

Obviously you can say "Go on low populated servers" but that's boring. I like the thrill of being 50ft away from a guillie sniper and we lock eyes and panic. I like the idea of seeing someone 600m away, ranging them, and carefully choosing my moment to shoot to make the perfect kill. High pop servers are fun! But the fear of dying when I don't know how to take care of myself isn't so fun!

Help me, and others thinking the same thing, out.

- Toast

Log out and dont log back in is the only sure fire way to stay alive. Even the most experienced tactical teams have been wiped. But in all seriousness the best advanced tactic is to find a solid team/clan to play with lone wolfing will assure death on high pop servers unless u sit in a pine tree all day.

Have lots of friends. They help you out in firefights, help spot things you may not have noticed, and most importantly they can keep your stuff safe if you somehow get killed.

Play slow and play carefully,

Stick to tree cover in the wilderness, close to/in buildings in towns

Don't engage unless you are confidant of the kill

If you start taking too much heat relocate and reengage if you are able to break line of site, It's better to beat a retreat and attack on your terms than to go 'Rambo' in a firefight

Keep your sidearm out or a small primary as if will create less of a profile to be seen.

I mean it's all really common tactical sense, but sometimes listing it out helps gear you mentally and think of other good pointers..

Edit: Dont forget that grass only populates close to your character, so crawling may hide you withing so many meters of a player, but anyone looking through a snipers scope wont see any of the grass you're crawling through.. Just any easy target

Edited by GBTP

I think this is a really great topic and I would love to see more tips from different players, see if we can get a really good working list of ideas and suggestions.

Try not to run over open fields; use bushes or trees if there are some on the fields you need to cross. Also when traveling, try to avoid cities. Just always look around you when you travel.

If you find a mountain dew, leave that thing on the ground and just run away screaming.

Edited by Deetwo
  • Like 2

1. While prone, pressing Q or E while make your character preform a roll. While this may seem useless at first, rolling around makes ABSOLUTELY NO NOISE. If you need to sneak up on somebody, use this.

2. Also, while standing, you can press Q or E to lean to the left or right. This allows you to peek around corners and (most importantly), trees. Very useful in firefights to reduce the target you produce to the enemy.

3. If your being shot at, SHOOT BACK. This may seem like common sense, but A LOT of people just run or stand there looking for the shooter. Get to cover and then return fire, EVEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE ENEMY IS. This will usually make the enemy panic (unless he's a veteran diciplined motherf*cker) and increase your chance of survival.

If he's a sniper or got the jump on you your probably screwed though.

That's pretty much all the combat tips i've got, i'm an amateur at PVP.

This really isn't advanced but use that l85 to scope out all your loot targets from a few hundred meters away (200+ at least), if there are zombies then there is one or more players there. Depending on what you see you can go loot some building or go loot a player corpse. I love the L85 thermal setting for this as you can often make out zombies through trees or in low visibility, same applies for players hiding in bushes waiting to snipe you (bonus, they are often filled with nice gear).

While not a perfect system this has kept me pretty safe.

EDIT: Just note that while this turn into a great thread with some really good advice, if you play on high pop servers long enough random circumstances or hackers will kill you. Or the alpha can just find some random way to kill you/strip you of your gear. Enjoy it while it lasts, but know its not going to last forever.

Edited by Chuckles