Sign in to follow this  
Lopz

PDW vs. GLOCK 17

Which one would you guys pick.

My main weapon is a DMR sniper.

I've got about 10 rounds of G17, so ammo for both of those pistols.

But firepower and loudness wise, wouldn't the glock be better?

Idk, cuz all i have is ammo and my lovely DMR

I barely play during nighttime, so the flashlight is kinda useless.

Definitely the PDW. It's handy if you have to fight another player in close combat, because of its high rate of fire.

But firepower and loudness wise' date=' wouldn't the glock be better?

Idk, cuz all i have is ammo and my lovely DMR

[hr']

I barely play during nighttime, so the flashlight is kinda useless.

They have exactly the same stopping power, as they use the same ammo. Damage in ARMA is based on ammo, not the gun.

Blackfuse, thanks for that info.

How about sound?

Blackfuse' date=' thanks for that info.

How about sound?

[/quote']

I'm not sure about that, I haven't really experimented with it, but that is probably the gun, because the 870 and the m1014 use the same ammo, but the 1014 is much louder.

I guess the PDW is way louder than the Glock.

Personally i prefer the Glock, not a fan of the PDW's iron sights, though with the large magazines firing from the hip is much more viable, but that just my personal preference.

My buddy however loves the PDW,. so whatever floats your boat mate,. give both of them a try, experience is always far better than advice or debate after all

however i should point out i only play on hardcore servers with crosshairs removed etc.

I'm not sure about that' date=' I haven't really experimented with it, but that is probably the gun, because the 870 and the m1014 use the same ammo, but the 1014 is much louder.

[/quote']

Sound the players hear is based on the gun.

Sound the AI hears is based on the ammo. Use an SD mag in an AR / G17 / PDW and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not sure about that' date=' I haven't really experimented with it, but that is probably the gun, because the 870 and the m1014 use the same ammo, but the 1014 is much louder.

[/quote']

Sound the players hear is based on the gun.

Sound the AI hears is based on the ammo. Use an SD mag in an AR / G17 / PDW and you'll see what I mean.

Someone did digging within the game files, and the zombie aggro sound is defined per gun.

Someone did digging within the game files' date=' and the zombie aggro sound is defined per gun.

[/quote']

Digging within the game files is all well and nice, but have you tested it? I've fired MP5SD mags from my PDW and alerted nothing and M9 SD mags from my G17 and alerted nothing.

We really need a sideways firing mode for the glock.

The PDW is by far the best choice, it's still relatively quiet from what I've seen, and there are multiple ammo types you can put in it.

Use both and choose. I've only used the Glock a few times because it's a rare-ish handgun to find. The first time I found it was in the first 20 minutes of playing the game and it was getting dark, so it's flashlight made me ecstatic.

I've had the opportunity to pick up the Micro Uzi several times, but have only picked it up once or twice, usually because I've got plenty of ammo for my 6-shooter or 1911. Never shot it at players or walkers, and wouldn't rely on it too much for either.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is to weigh your options at the moment. Done pick it up if you've got 5 mags for a 1911, and their is only 1 or 2 for the PDW/Glock.

Digging within the game files is all well and nice' date=' but have you tested it? I've fired MP5SD mags from my PDW and alerted nothing and M9 SD mags from my G17 and alerted nothing.

[/quote']

Loudness level for AI is based on the gun

The only exception is SD ammo fired through an unsuppressed weapon, it will have no noise for the AI

DayZ wiki rates the noise level of the G17 on Low while the PDW is Moderate

If you fire non-SD ammo through both the PDW will attract more zeds

PDW still wins for me:

-Eats every 9mm magazine

-Fully automatic lead dispenser for corridor fighting

-You can carry large quantities of ammo because of the 30rnd magazines

But if you need a flashlight for night looting, the G17 is the better choice

Someone did digging within the game files' date=' and the zombie aggro sound is defined per gun.

[/quote']

Digging within the game files is all well and nice, but have you tested it? I've fired MP5SD mags from my PDW and alerted nothing and M9 SD mags from my G17 and alerted nothing.

I will personally trust defined distance values over an arbitrary "Did they alert?" test.

Great, now i just found a M9SD, which im keeping in backpack for the time being.

The M9SD is awesome, but its ammo is so fracking rare...

So, is it confirmed that SD mags shot thru any weapons will NOT attract zombies?

If so, i'll drop the M9SD and keep the mags to use on my PDW.

The PDW is listed as "moderate" in the noise category. The Glock is listed as "low" in the noise category. It's also worth noting that zombies can hear your shots easier the more you fire, so going full auto is like firing off an Enfield. The Glock is one of 2 unsilenced weapons with a "low" rating, the other being the Remmy 870. Both have the same damage and effective range. Glock magazines are common, PDW ammo is as common as Revolver clips because it uses 6 mag types. Flashlight is extremely awesome.

Depends if I am in a high traffic area or not. If I am in a city or Balota/NW Airfield, I want the PDW. If I am alone in the North East at night, I want the Glock.

Yup, i usually roam around Balota/Cherno, with a sniper, so i guess the pdw is better.