Soeg

All new users with problems: CHECK HERE

Soeg, thank you for the step by step instructions. I finally have it working! Now I just need to figure out why it has a blue tint to it all.

If we have copied the add on folder to OA from Arma 2 then can we delete the original arma 2 add on folder, because mine is like 8 gigs. Is it supposed to be that large?

Edit Also how do you start OA only with non steam? I go to arma 2 folder and click the OA button but it looks exactly like CO.

Edit again: ok so i think my confusuion is that i downloaded it from amazon. I downloaded Arma 2 first and then OA, so it's now CO. I think the thing im not understanding is the OA folder only has one folder in it which is "Expansion" and the arma 2 folder has everything(including OA stuff) in it.

I tried putting the @dayz folder with the extracted files into the arma 2 folder(which has everything in it) and i now have the @dayz on corner of screen, which i assume means its working. My only problem is i keep trying to join servers and get stuck at the recieiving data part. Sorry if i said this in a confusing way, not very good with this kind of thing

In the time it took to make , and maintain this thread you guys could have just use Nulsoft installer. It is free IIRC.

Not too hard to use either, it has a neat GUI, and a scripting language.

I am not a (very good) programmer, and I can even use it.

I have tried for 3 days now, and that is all the free time I am willing to spend on testing. I may be back later after we finalize the Red Orchestra 2 patch to see if I can install this mod.

You guys are getting some great exposure right now. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had something good to say about this great looking modifycation?

Hope this was helpful. :)

you guys have a great lloking game going on here.

Okay hold on guys, I am working on a long post for your problems. `btw dont use launchers, they dont work very well with this mod.

Differlot: Because you have non-steam, the game will auto install OA as CO so you cant copy the addons folder to it. What you did was right, but just make sure that it looks like this: Arma2/@dayz/addons/mod files extracted with winrar. then start up OA. go to expansions trough the main menu and see if both @dayz and arma 2 are enabled. If they are then you should be able to play. The recieving screen can take a couple mins to finish sometimes, so be patient.

JC: Is your gamersgate OA also updated? If you have seperate installs (OA is not installed inside the arma 2 folder) then follow these instructions, if you have them both in one folder then follow the instructions I gave too differlot.

seperate installs: remove all your old attempts and do this: Copy the addons folder from the Arma2 folder (not the dayz one, the right one has files like a-10.pbo etc) and paste it into your OA folder. Then create the entire dayz thing in the OA folder looking like this arma2OA/@dayz/addons/extracted mod files (make sure that they are extracted with winrar) then start up OA and go to the ingame expansions menu, enable @dayz and arma 2 and you will be able to play.

medic eugene: Reinstall arma 2 and OA and remove six updater (six updater does not work very well with this mod) then follow my instructions: Copy the addons folder from the Arma2 folder (not the dayz one, the right one has files like a-10.pbo etc) and paste it into your OA folder. Then create the entire dayz thing in the OA folder looking like this arma2OA/@dayz/addons/extracted mod files (make sure that they are extracted with winrar) then start up OA and go to the ingame expansions menu, enable @dayz and arma 2 and you will be able to play.

TO EVERYONE: DO NOT USE LAUNCHERS OR ALTERED SHORTCUTS

chiefultimate: try right clicking the OA shortcut and selecting: Run as administer

Okay hold on guys' date=' I am working on a long post for your problems. `btw dont use launchers, they dont work very well with this mod.

[hr']

Differlot: Because you have non-steam, the game will auto install OA as CO so you cant copy the addons folder to it. What you did was right, but just make sure that it looks like this: Arma2/@dayz/addons/mod files extracted with winrar. then start up OA. go to expansions trough the main menu and see if both @dayz and arma 2 are enabled. If they are then you should be able to play. The recieving screen can take a couple mins to finish sometimes, so be patient.

JC: Is your gamersgate OA also updated? If you have seperate installs (OA is not installed inside the arma 2 folder) then follow these instructions, if you have them both in one folder then follow the instructions I gave too differlot.

seperate installs: remove all your old attempts and do this: Copy the addons folder from the Arma2 folder (not the dayz one, the right one has files like a-10.pbo etc) and paste it into your OA folder. Then create the entire dayz thing in the OA folder looking like this arma2OA/@dayz/addons/extracted mod files (make sure that they are extracted with winrar) then start up OA and go to the ingame expansions menu, enable @dayz and arma 2 and you will be able to play.

medic eugene: Reinstall arma 2 and OA and remove six updater (six updater does not work very well with this mod) then follow my instructions: Copy the addons folder from the Arma2 folder (not the dayz one, the right one has files like a-10.pbo etc) and paste it into your OA folder. Then create the entire dayz thing in the OA folder looking like this arma2OA/@dayz/addons/extracted mod files (make sure that they are extracted with winrar) then start up OA and go to the ingame expansions menu, enable @dayz and arma 2 and you will be able to play.

chiefultimate: try right clicking the OA shortcut and selecting: Run as administer

Thanks, very useful, I'll edit this post once I find if it's fixed by that.

Report: Every time I try to run it as OA, it crashes. (ARMA 2: Reinforcements is not responding... (looking for solution))

Tried deleting folders, using launch options and then CO, all to the same effect, after reinstalling earlier and not being able to play ARMA at all because of this mod. I'm losing faith in getting to play this mod within this year. Also, Steam doesn't seem to let me run Arma as admin, so I can't do that.

I bought the physical copy of Combined operations from amazon, so what exactly do I have to do to install DayZ? I think I have my game updated, OA is 1.60 and normal arma 2 is 1.11 if that is something I need.

Forgot to mention, I tried the sixupdater method and it didn't work, so I deleted it (sixupdater).

There is a new dayz mod installer now, you can find it in the troubleshoot sticky section. I recommend you guys to use it.

So I keep trying to join games, and it always says the exact same thing. "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_vehicles" What should I do about all of this?

There is a new dayz mod installer now' date=' you can find it in the troubleshoot sticky section. I recommend you guys to use it.

[/quote']

It looks like that is only for steam users.

How do I start off with installing CO retail? Unless I missed you saying it somewhere in the thread, you didn't say how. And the only people I see here are having problems with further in parts.

I was initially getting (CABuildingParts) error upon launch, now I have another problem. I purchased combined operations from Gamersgate.com. I installed Arma 2 and OA in separate folders. This was done on my E: drive, as my SSD in my C: drive did not have the space.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

I fixed the building parts error by copying the addons folder from my arma2 folder to the OA folder. I already have the @dayz>addons>mod files in the OA folder as well. Launched the game. I'm no longer getting the building parts error. I can see "Dayz" in the expansion list.

*Arma 2 is unchecked

*OA is checked

*Dayz is unchecked.

When I try to check the Dayz addon, it will not allow me to check the box to enable the mod, nor do I see the Dayz screen logo. Any suggestions?

You need to press enable while ou have it selected, the press apply.

JC: Is your gamersgate OA also updated? If you have seperate installs (OA is not installed inside the arma 2 folder) then follow these instructions' date=' if you have them both in one folder then follow the instructions I gave too differlot.

[/quote']

I heartily echo the above quote, had everything done correctly after reading various guides.

Both games updated + correctly placed DayZ files + Arma2 addons moved into OA folder +used launcher to "run as CO" and all i could get was kicked from servers with "cant play edit blah blah, content deleted dayz.equip". It just refused to show @dayz loaded on main screen even though it appeared in expansions menu. That is until I accidently clicked the unaltered arma2oa instead of using the launcher or my altered shortcut.... and bam it appears on main screen, went to expansions menu and enabled both dayz + arma2, game reboots so i go straight to mp menu and I load into a server with no problems.

You need to press enable while ou have it selected' date=' the press apply.

[/quote']

I was doing that, but it was not allowing me to check the box after being selected. I did what milman suggested below and ran the game from the original arma2OA.exe and it looks like it is now selectable. My only problem now is that I have all red x's next to all the servers. Arma2 says I have version 1.10, while op arrowhead says I have version 1.52.71612 My Dayz files are all the latest. I should note that the link on the main Q/A post at the beginning fo this thread says to go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php for the latest update. Looks like this link now redirects to a website for the companies other project dealing with helicopters. Was unable to find any updates relating to arma.

Well, I got DayZ to work up to a point, got it to appear in expansions, but when I tried to join a DayZ server, it said something like "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles."

Arma2 says I have version 1.10' date=' while op arrowhead says I have version 1.52.71612 My Dayz files are all the latest. I should note that the link on the main Q/A post at the beginning fo this thread says to go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php for the latest update.

[/quote']

I got patches directly from

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

brought me to 1.11 & 1.60

Installing the ArmaII Dayz Mod:

After a couple days of work, I was finally able to get DayZ operational. These are the steps I took, and the issues I encountered.

Arma2/Arma2 Operation Arrowhead install:

I purchased Arma2 Combined Operations from Gamersgate.com for around $30 as digital download. Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead were downloaded separately. Each game contained a separate key.

1. Installed Arma2.

2. Installed Arma2 Operation Arrowhead.

*Issues:

I installed both games on my storage drive (E: as my main C: drive is an SSD with little space). Both game installs give the option to change install paths prior to installing. On my first run both games were installed together in one generic folder named “Bohemia Interactive” in my regular Program Files folder on my E: drive. I have since learned it may be possible to install this mod with both games in the same install folder, however if you follow most of the generic install instructions that make mention of separate folders for Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead, you may get confused.

*Fix:

I uninstalled both games, then reinstalled, making sure to pick the correct install paths for both games. After finishing installation, my games were installed to the following paths:

*E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

*E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

EDIT: I've confirmed the mod DOES work with both Arma2 and OA installed within the same folder. Just add your @Dayz folder in the main directory for both games if you've installed this way.

Install updates:

*Issues:

Both of my game versions were out of date after the install. Arma2 was at version 1.10, Operation Arrowhead was at 1.52.71612.

I concluded this was an issue after noticing that all available servers had a red (X) in the far left pane of the server browser window. Through various forum posts I was able to confirm that a game update was needed in order to get my games up to the version number required to connect to most servers.

*Fix:

I downloaded the latest updates for both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead from this link:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20&option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder〈=en

Installed patch:

“ARMA2 Patch 1.11”

“ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60”

Once completed, I was noticed the red “X’s” that had previously been listed in the far left pain of the server menu for most servers were gone. I could now see red, green, or “?” filled circles. This indicated that I was now at the correct game versions to where connections would be possible to most servers.

Install DayZ mod:

1. Downloaded the 7 .rar files from:

http://armafiles.info/dayz/

2. Created folder in “E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead” called “@dayz”. Within that folder I created another folder called “addons”. I copied the downloaded .rar files to the “addons” folder and extracted their contents there.

3. Created desktop shortcut for Operation Arrowhead (arma2OA.exe).

4. Added “mod=@dayz -nosplash” to the target field of the new shortcut from shortcut properties. The updated target field looks like this:

"E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@dayz –nosplash

Issue 1:

*Error message"dayz_code requires addon CABuildingparts" upon starting game.

*Fix:

Copied the "Addons" folder from the Arma2 folder to the Arma2 Operation Arrowhead folder.

Issue 2:

Upon starting the game from the modified shortcut, I navigated to the “Expansions” section from the main menu. I could see the “@dayz” expansion in the list. However, after selecting the expansion I was unable to check the box to green by clicking it with the mouse cursor. It was there, but clicking the selected expansion would not fill in the box, thus I was unable to actually enable the “@dayz” expansion option.

Fix:

I ran the game from the original “arma2OA.exe” executable file in the Operation Arrowhead game folder, NOT the shortcut I had previously created and modified. Once in game, I was able to actually select the “@dayz” mod from the expansion menu with a mouse click, turning the box green. After selecting the mod, I was prompted me to restart the game. After restarting the game, the “@dayz” mod was enabled in the expansion menu. I then quit the game and started it using the modified desktop shortcut I had created. I was then able to see “@dayz” text printed on the upper right side of the games main menu background screen underneath the “ARMAII” logo. I then confirmed through the expansion menu that the “@dayz” expansion was checked and enabled.

Connecting to servers:

I sorted the server list by ping to find the servers with the lowest response times. I also set my filter options to hide password protected servers, as well as full servers to narrow the server list. Filter Battleye option was left as “default”, with the “Expansions” option set to “show”. With this setup I was able to see servers with the lowest ping times at the top of the server list (which happened to be mostly US servers as I am located in the USA).

Issues:

“Waiting for server response”

When joining servers, I was consistently encountering a “Waiting for server response” during the process of attempting to join. From what I understand, this is due to high server load on the “Master” game servers. Depending on the server, I was eventually able to get in game after waiting for a period of time. The wait time would usually last from 5-10 minutes depending on the server.

Fix:

This appears to be due to high master server load, so there is not much to be done from my understanding. In some cases I was able to enter the game after several minutes. In other cases after extensive waits I simply disconnected from the server and tried a different one.

“Debug Forest”

I had several instances where I was dropped into what is being called “Debug Forest” after several minutes of “Waiting for server response”. This consisted of being dropped in an endless forest with no inventory, and no sign of civilization in sight.

Fix: Disconnected and rejoined the server, or tried a different server.

In Game Issues:

Once I was finally able to connect to a server and get in game, I noticed some immediate issues with graphics (My graphics card is a Sapphire 7850 2GB). I noticed the grass textures were bright white when my character was facing them from certain directions. I also noticed instances of static within the textures of trees, shrubs and grass.

whitegrass.jpg

Fix:

After some experimentation, it seems the issue involved settings for Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering. I my case, I had to switch AF to normal to get rid of the white grass. After this, my grass was fine, but I was still getting instances of white textures within trees and shrubs. Disabling Antialiasing fixed this for me.

EDIT: Thanks to PurpleHaze for this one..

"You need to disable AToC in your config file, the file can be found in My Documents > ArmA 2 > ArmA2OA.cfg

Open that file with WordPad and change AToC from "7" to "0", save the file and start the game.

Also make sure that your 3D resolution is the same as the resolution that you're using, or else the graphics will be blurry."

Installed on system:

CPU: i5-2500k@4Ghz

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Graphics: Sapphire 7850 2GB

Primary drive © - Crucial M4 64GB SSD

Secondary Drive (E) - WD 1TB Green

Big thanks to Polly, as that guide helped me get as near to playing as I have been yet :P

After having completed all that I am still running into one more issue, upon connecting to a server and seeing that my character is being created, I get the message "You have been kicked off the server. (Battleye: Unknown game version) and I am then returned to the server selection menu.

Got the Arma II CO package yesterday from Amazon because it was on sale and because I wanted to try this mod. It took like 3 hours to download and many more hours in trying to setup the game. Problems I've encountered were: 1) not being able to join servers because all were marked with a Red X. To solve, I had to download the 1.60 Patch manually and install. 2) Constant "You have been kicked off the server. (Battleye: Unknown game version) after getting the 1.60 Patch manually to be able to log onto servers. I do have the "Dayz" listed on the right-hand screen in game. But, once I get into the server, it automatically gives me the error message and kicks me out. From investigating so far with my download, it seems there is a separate BattlEye Setup for Operation Arrowhead. But, it doesn't want to install for some reason. Not sure if this is what causes the problem. Frustrating experience so far trying to mod. Any help/guidance appreciated because it looks like an awesome mod!

Any idea for people with 0 zombies in game ?

on any server?

and does it show zero zombies on your HUD?

Yea never saw any zombie ever, Hud always says 0 to