twistoff

Under 100K active players

I for one only play lingor island, I play on only the highest populated servers and have never had hacker problems..I tend to run the marathon a lot though....

I still get graphical glitches on occassion

HAHAHA okay then I was wrong carry on.

It's ok. Just next time don't start with "Did you pull that 100k number out of your ass? Where are your facts to back this BS up?" if you don't know or are not sure and it's all good.

i believe we are all just waiting until 1.7.3 comes out

i believe we are all just waiting until 1.7.3 comes out

Unless 1.7.3 is the standalone game, I disagree.

There just isn't anything to do, couple that with hacking server hopping duping etc and you have a recipe for unfun gameplay, no fun = not logging in.

I never bothered to read other peoples comments and stuff, but i've stopped playing dayz because well, my friends had stopped playing it because mostly the game gets boring. Finding good gear isn't even a challenge anymore to me, just hit up the north end of the map looking for tents, or west side of the map. You'll find plenty of tents. Also another reason why I have stopped playing is because of the graphical glitches. It makes it impossible to raid towns/airfields. On another note, Vehicles are easy to find, I find them all the time honestly I've found like 5 in about 2 hour play sesh. Everyone seems to leave this game because of the hackers, for me I find them fun because I DONT mind having to respawn and go loot cherno or elektro with my friends. To me, thats more fun then having good gear. If your going to reply to this saying the game is only as fun as you make it, dont bother because I have.

On a side note, I will continue to play dayz when the standalone version comes out because i think that version of the game will become an actual challenge, right now it isn't.

So this ends my little rant, Bye.

Excellent, when all the cheating scum finally get bored the game might become fun again.

I'm afraid it will be hackers to leave last

Edited by MACtic

i stopped playing after 2.5 not because of the hackers ( only been hack attacked twice since i started playing, first time i died, second time i managed to escape )

but because of the crap in the game. a number of things just dont work and its not worth playing. i don't give a crap if its alpha, major features not working is pointless. will i get the " minecraft style " standalone, hell no , the standalone is going to be the same thing, same engine, just more secure from hackers to a degree, the only thing that will change is that we will have to pay for it. it will forever be alpha, mainly because currently Alpha is the best excuse for stuff being broke there is. once it gets out of alpha that excuse is gone.

i have not visited the site since leaving and seems the low active numbers seems alot of the player base is gone also. makes me believe that Rockets meetings with the " whos who" of the industry was a trip to see if anybody would buy it.

I stopped playing in order to regularly check the active player stats and then make forum posts about them 'ad infinitum'.

Biding my time on Lingor til the Game is standalone, I'm assuming my participation is not in the figure as many like myself are on private servers with Lingor.

The numbers will soar again when the standalone comes.

I play almost every day, just not on the official servers. I stick to lingor servers, hacking is nearly non exsistent

Should just get the bugs sorted, get the mod stable. Then work on the standalone. Does look bad being below 100k but people should come back for the standalone if people spread the word and if its advertised enough.

i still play, but not as much as i used to, i HATE bumping into some hacker who i can shoot 9 times and does not die, only to see him spin around and kill me. The other thing was i REALLY liked it back when we had the side channel, I was still a KOS bandit but i could at least talk with the randoms who were across the map from me, talking with the guys i am traveling for 5 hours gets boring after a while TBH.

I'll admit i gave up on Chernarus due to hacking but the concept still appeals to me, now i only play Lingor Island where hacking is almost non-existent.

Hackers/script kiddies have ruined a fantastic mod but the game was designed to be easily modded, Rocket should of known that when he started it.

Hackers are fairly annoying but its probably also a lack of endgame - not much beyond looting and shooting.

Not true at all. I have only come across 1 hacker in my time of DayZ and I've been playing for about 2 months I think. My buddies and I that play DayZ (about 8 of us) are all going to play Borderlands 2. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I'm sure they're others that are doing the same thing. Maybe not with BL2, but with some other game. At least until the Stand Alone comes out.

1 hacker in 2 months? ... either you are the luckiest person that has ever lived on the face of the planet, completely unaware of your surroundings, play on a private locked server... or play for 15 seconds at a time...

wait scratch that last one.. you'd have met a hacker if you did that. I watched Elektro blow up over and over today on a server that had 3 people...

No worries, barely functional DOGS are coming. Expect the player count to hit the high 300k's

hahah QFT!!

Rocket's staff meeting must have went like this.

Staff Member 1: "Sir, Hacking is at an all time high. Hackers are completely destroying the investment of the player base and people are migrating to other games!"

Staff Member 2: "Battle Eye has failed harder then the Secret Service that guarded John F. Kennedy in Dallas!"

Staff Member 3: "Visual errors are still a huge problem in the NW airfield, Balota, Stary, Cherno, Berezino.. etc etc... People avoid those areas now."

Staff Member 1: "Also Sir, Duping has complete broken the weapon tiers and AS-50s and looted hacker weapons like the thermal AS-50 are more common than most other weapons"

Staff Member 3: "We're losing faith with our player base, Sir! What should we do?"

Rocket: "Hmmm... perhaps instead of fixing any of that.. lets make some jerky, messed up dog-bots. We'll give them horrible pathing and make them near useless!"

• Like 4

Some of my friends quit becuase of graphics problems (not only artifacts, it was freezing their screens + bsod) and hackers. Also duping is on the list now, why go north, there's no point if you can get an AS50 down in Cherno :/

DayZ Forum Poster #1 "I shot a player, zombie, sheep in a panic fire situation and he didn't die! HACKS!" *Runs to forums makes new thread to complain*

DayZ Forum Poster #2 "BattlEye Banned me I didn't hack!" *Runs to forums makes new thread to complain*

DayZ Forum Poster #3 "Graphics glitches argh! (<--ok this one is iffy because it is valid) I didn't try any of the tricks to fix it" *Runs to forums makes new thread to complain*

DayZ Forum Poster #4 "A sniper shot me as I stood on the roof in Elecktro fucking hacker duping sniper overpowered etc etc" *Runs to forums makes new thread to complain*

DayZ Forum Poster #5 "Rocket is at another event, interview, asleep! He needs to FIX IT!" *Runs to forums makes new thread to complain*

DayZ Forum Poster #6 "Warz" *Runs to forums makes new thread to viral advertise*

DayZ Forum Poster #7 "KoS, side chat, borked tents cars, abort button, stuck in debug/ocean/with a broken leg, coastal login" Runs to forums makes new thread to complain*