zenorc123

A little interpretation

Can anybody help me understand what rocket meant by "The project will follow the Minecraft development model"? Thanks

Edited by zenorc123

He means an unfinshed version of the game will be released.

In an almost Alpha state. People buy this for a cheaper price, and the game is fixed and updated to a standalone product in a few months of being bought.

Hence like minecraft did.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

He's referring to the pricing structure. If you buy the game early (Alpha) it'll be heavily discounted. As the game progress it'll become more expensive until a final version is released at full price.

Edit - I got ninja'd ^^

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Minecraft was originally released as an Alpha build, at a low price point. This basically means it was released not completely finished, using the feedback from the players to improve and fix the game. As the game developed, it went up in price, until it reached a final "full retail" price which is in place now.

• Like 1

Yeah I Stupidly got Minecraft early, I never played it :P

This question pops up fairly often, I'll move it over to the New Player forum to give it some attention.

Edited by Max Planck

Another question guys, if I may, how would the DayZ standalone be distributed? Through steam and only downloadable or hard copies would be shipped to retailers worldwide?

LOL. Sorry Fraggle matey! Just trying to be helpful as usual.

No probs! I need more coffee.

Another question guys, if I may, how would the DayZ standalone be distributed? Through steam and only downloadable or hard copies would be shipped to retailers worldwide?

Not sure yet, most likely as a downloadable title. Something was also said about a possible console release eventually too

I don't think that's been discussed yet (I may be wrong). Rocket did mention some sort of release with extra art/maps and so on for die hard fans so I guess boxed copies will be available.

Edited by Fraggle

Slowly becomin expensive? U mean every update we have to play a fee? Not free updates?

If you buy at the original alpha price, you won't have to pay again ever.

Edited by Jon Snow

Slowly becomin expensive? U mean every update we have to play a fee? Not free updates?

What they meant is that if you buy the game? You'll buy it in its alpha stage, updates would be released as to fix the problems that pops up until it becomes a whole and final game. Updates are free.

I don't think that's been discussed yet (I may be wrong). Rocket did mention some sort of release with extra art/maps and so on for die hard fans so I guess boxed copies will be available.

Since Bohemia Interactive is backing up Rocket in this project, distributing worldwide copies may not be a hard thing to do, I may also be wrong in my assumption but I do want a hard copy.

Alpha - $14.99

Beta - $19.99

Finished release - $24.99

Please note these prices are just pulled out of thin air but that is what the minecraft model is. First release(Alpha) is cheapest and includes everything up to and including the main release. Next release(Beta) is more expensive than Alpha but will be a bit more polished. Anything up to and including the final release is included. Final release(finished product aka Version 1.0) will be the most expensive but will be(should be) stable and free of most bugs.

I should also note(in case it is not clear) there wont only be 3 versions/updates of the game. What i posted above also includes all the patches/updates as well. So fear not my friend. Your best bet if you truly want the standalone is to get it as early as possible.

Edited by Sheepdawg
  • Like 1