Sign in to follow this  
puppetworx

The People's Free City of Berezino [Safe-Zone]

Berezino is definitely not the shitstorm that is Cherno and Electro for the simple fact that you have to hike your ass all the way up there and it's not full of new-spawns trying to gear up before they get sniped. But while it seems quiet and I've had few problems up there, I have found a lot of camps with a lot of hard-core equipment. So it's not all care bears and unicorns.

• Like 1

Not a tactically sound location for a "safe" zone. The terrain all around it is raised and forested, making it easy to scout without being seen. If you really want to a make a "safe" zone you want to pick an spot like Manhattan Base(from the campaign). It's a nice plateau so players have to come right up to the ridge to get a look at what's up there. That put's them in a vulnerable situation so it's easier to defend. There is one peak you can peep the plateau from though, across the way where the castle is. It's so far out though, that I'm not even sure if player models would draw from that distance. It's situated between Kras and Berizino so the supplies are close and plentiful.

Just a thought.

Duping and scripting pushed the balance of gameplay so far in favor of PvP and away from survival that the idea was largely untenable. Which is why I billed this as a movement or 'call to arms' rather then just starting a clan which would be doomed to failure from the start due to the mod's issues. Come the standalone I think the opportunity and demand will be there, but until then I just want people to go and see for themselves.

I think it's really possible in the standalone, especially with more enterable buildings, Chernarus+ may offer up an even better location then Berezino. Still I think Berezino has a lot going for it. Just to be clear, what I don't want to do is 'lockdown' the entire town. At the most I would intend to lockdown one of the compounds in the city, the 'lumber mill' for example. The rest would be free for people to roam, loot and kill zombies. Locking down all of Berezino would be next to impossible. From a base of operations we would send out patrols to police the city from PvP. In addition to patrols we would have squads ferrying new spawns up from the South in vehicles (cars, boats, helis). Of course we'd rotate duties and that's not an exhaustive list of what we'd get upto. We'd have to raid military locations and scout for bandit camps regularly for example.

I think policing a town could be far more enjoyable then locking ourselves away from all danger up north in our camps and then venturing out for hours in order to find some sort of interaction... and then spending a few hours venturing back to our camps again. The risks are higher but so is the interaction level and I really want to do it.

"Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:33 PM"

"Posted Yesterday, 12:28 PM"

anyway...why?

i post one thing in like 2-3 months

start getting email notifications

come find out i have whole bunch of random beans from old threads

¯\_(ツ)_/¯