octopos

You DIDN'T wast your money, ARMA2 RPG Alternatives

Last day I saw a bunch of people saying about lost money, because the mod is over and they will not buy the standalone and a lot of crying.

You have bought ARMA2 OA, there is A LOT of to play. You can play in dayz private hive( high popular in this season :P ) , lingor hives, and others mods of ARMA2, like Wasteland.

There's even mission for ARMA2 OA that will take you weeks to endgame(serious) ...

Lets talk about Takistan Life: Revolution?

It's a RPG sandbox of a life in Takistan :} . You can be from ONU Forces, Takistan Army, Terrorist and civilians, you can sell drugs, arrest people, do bank robbery, mining iron, drink :}

Kind cool if you're in Dayz endgame, to release your assassin instinct for killing unarmed players :} , or using ***ed weapons, present as legit weapons for this mission :P

• Like 2

If you have a empty server, why not host this mission? It's always high pop, because much is better for this :}

So, you didn't wast your money, ARMA2 isn't only dayz =]

• Like 3

If you have a empty server, why not host this mission? It's always high pop, because much is better for this :}

So, you didn't wast your money, ARMA2 isn't only dayz =]

When "Winner" popped up and the song started, I lost it. xD

+1 for this, really enjoying OA at the moment. The only reason I bother with our servers is to ban people.

Just the state of DayZ unfortunately.

With all these different types of mods an game types, do you hve to download anything ? or just go into Arma 2 server browser and and find servers that are running them ?

Some Insurgency maps require ACE & You can download Crooks mod on Armaholic

With all these different types of mods an game types, do you hve to download anything ? or just go into Arma 2 server browser and and find servers that are running them ?

Most games flavors for ARMA2 you just have to filter the name on search and play, the game download the mission for it self.

For Takistan Life, you disable @dayz mod, launche ARMA2 OA and filter Takistan Life, choose a server(high pop please, it's safer and funny) and play :}

Edited by octopos
  • Like 1

Can anyone please explain where / how to download and install the wasteland mod ? really interested in trying it !

You don't have to download nothing, disable @dayz and filter wasteland, choose a server and play it :P

• Like 1

You don't have to download nothing, disable @dayz and filter wasteland, choose a server and play it :P

Awesome thanks ! Can i just launch Arma 2 through steam and play that way, or do i have to actually disable @Dayz ? stupid question, how would i disable @dayz ?

I checked both steam boxes on DayZ Commander. Would disabling DayZ be as simple as just unchecking those boxes?

I checked both steam boxes on DayZ Commander. Would disabling DayZ be as simple as just unchecking those boxes?

Don't use the DayZ commander....

Yeah but since I checked the second box, "replace steam files with beta" or whatever it's called, I don't need to use commander, if I open OA through steam it automatically starts DayZ.

So would disabling that second check box mean that I can launch OA normally again?

Edited by Leezeebub

Hello there

Please check out Armaholic or the bohemia forums for a full run down of all the available mods etc.

I have a small collection of the many that are available installed and its added 60gig to my folder size.

If you just use A2 for DAYZ, you really are missing out on some amazing stuff.

Rgds

LoK

Awesome thanks ! Can i just launch Arma 2 through steam and play that way, or do i have to actually disable @Dayz ? stupid question, how would i disable @dayz ?

You could just remove the @dayz etc line in the launch box in steam!

You could just remove the @dayz etc line in the launch box in steam!

Yep.

For the people with trouble to disable dayz;

Go to game library

R-click Arma2 OA

Properties -> Launcher options and remove ;@dayz from the -mod=

The player base of this mission inclement a little, now all servers is getting 50 to 60 players in rush hour.. great...

There's a bunch of players clamming for seeing this post, cool =] . BUT THERE'S HACKING IN SERVERS NOW!!!

WAT?! Son as any game hits dayz forum the scripts with small dicks start to appears in game. What a pity :(

Last night I saw B.E banning 6 players in 2 hours... 6 :P . And the admin banned 2 or 4 for being a dick with flying truck or driving a ship in the middle of Takistan Desert :P

So, play it but don't lose your precious time, when there's a single player to play in editor

I have an official hive dayz Server im rather bored of. I just started playing Takistan revolution, and it's great. More so if you have a group of friends to group up and play it. It's an RPG, but people seem to just spam global and overall just grief the whole game. I'd love to host this on my server, but can anyone help me find the mission file for it? maybe hook me up with the server files i might need? i want a version with lots of weapons and cool features, any suggestions? Appreciate the help.