Sign in to follow this  
Fitzsio

Questions about map

when i see icons saying "man", "bandit" etc are they all other players? and how does it work? like distance, visability, sound etc.

Are markers i see on the map set by other players? Like i saw a big circle with an X in it that was labelled "downed choppa" etc.

How do i set waypoints on the map so it shows up in the game and tells me which direction its in and how far away it is?

Edited by Fitzsio

I believe the answer to your first question is dependent on distance, but I could be wrong. I'm not entirely sure on that.

The second question is yes. Those X's are set by other players, visible to all players, but with server resets and refreshes, they could be inaccurate, or even a trap.

Thirdly, you set a waypoint by Shift+left clicking on the map somewhere. Not all servers have this enabled, however.

Edited by The Velvet Overkill
  • Like 1

First of all, map icons are server specific. Some servers allow them to be seen, others do not. The circle you was was definitely made by another player (he may not have known it was visible to all). Orange/Man is a zombie. Not sure about the other stuff as I dont play on servers with map markers enabled.

If the server is set to Cadet/Easy without modification you will see man/car and your own position.

Markers can be set on all difficulties (?), to create a marker 2x click LMB + type text + enter.

You may change the style of the marker with the arrow keys.

Use this in Group channel for private view.

To set a waypoint L shift + LMB on map.

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1

Some server marks person you saw to the map(orange circle).. like "sniper" "man" "survivor" etc, when you see something like this it could be another player, havent seen zombies marked to the map like that.. maybe it server settings.

If the server is set to Cadet/Easy without modification you will see man/car and your own position.

Markers can be set on all difficulties (?), to create a marker 2x click LMB + type text + enter.

You may change the style of the marker with the arrow keys.

Use this in Group channel for private view.

To set a waypoint L shift + LMB on map.

Interesting. This is something I have been trying to get my head around for a long time now. I know my own server does not show anyone on the map (even myself) and I assumed that meant that map notations were also disabled. Thanks for the clarification.