AG-D.Wright

US 866 / Seattle 7 (FREE TACOS!!!)

This server doesn't seem to be up anymore. Wonder why?

The server was down for a while as we were waiting for a hive wipe. All those international hotel's spawning in like tin cans! Did a real number on us. We've been back up for a while though.

Unlikely anything can be done because it would mean a large roll back. But today I was killed by a hacker on the server at 4:40 EST jan 25th. I killed a player called "ass and titties" out of fear because he was near my camp. Under 5 seconds of the kill i was immediately dead, no gunshot no blood just a straight you are dead menu. Whether or not he was a hacker or whether someone shot me with a AS50 from over 1000m i do not know. But based on what i saw the guy was carrying and his name i presume he was a hacker. Whether anyone can do anything to help i do not know. A ban a roll back really anything even just a response would be nice. Within the last week or two you guys have had zero admin support on the server and hackers have been going wild. I know you should not get attached to gear in DayZ but i cant help it Ghille SVD and FAL, im quite upset. Either way thanks for taking action or at least just acknowledging this problem on the server. In fact right now i am on the FPoC teamspeak with a bud and everyone was teleported and killed. This was at 6 :58 EST.

Much obliged for the free tacos but a hack free taco would be appreciated,

Dations9

10/10, friendly admins -- they address hackers and vocally warn regulars and deal with them accordingly. I've played the server a couple days now, got teleported by a hacker and killed, admin explained -- banned dude -- helped me out. We were legitimately playing, fying around in a huey when we got rocketed out of the air by a fresh respawn... survived the crash, then teleported inside another chopper seconds before impact.. obviously a hacker.. and not an admin.. since we were playing with the admins. ^___^

Yeah, I'd like to add my story to the serverbash argument. I'll preface it by saying I don't know a whole lot about bannable offenses on servers but I have been killed on servers while loading in and I've done it to someone before as well. All accounts of that never leading to a ban.

So, my story: A buddy of mine and I were roaming through the hills to the NE of Elektro when we hear some sniper shots promptly followed by death notifications so we decide to go for a hunt. It's nighttime and pretty fucking dark out at that so we're only following the gunshots by ear. We get to where we think he's at and a grenade gets lobbed up to us but misses. I was scared shitless so we decided to back off a bit and head north towards the dam where we start to hear a honking horn. Shit is about to go down! We get up to the crest of a hill and see some flares on the ground. Holy fuck, this is some serious business Rambo shit. Suddenly server about to be reset. Fuck....ok, well let's get in and find where we are and see if they're still there. We hop in after about a minute or so and we're still where we had been and holy fuck, so are they. They've got a vehicle and look to be pretty fucking geared. My friend starts to crouch in closer, gets behind one tree there and we see the msg pop up in chat "I'm in the car right now. AFK"

That's all we needed to hear. My buddy pops out from his tree and opens fire on a guy moving. He then pops the guy in the car in the dome. I come down and watch as the driver gets out and starts to book it down the hill. I move in to take him out and two people spawn in in front of me. BOOM BOOM. "Daviuuun has killed XXX (friendly fire)". BOOM BOOM "Daviuuun has killed XXX (friendly fire)". I'm wary to start looting because that guy got away but my buddy starts doing it. These guys are geared to fuck with a vehicle most likely about to roll into Elektro and start messing shit up. Suddenly I get banned. Now, I could see the argument being made that I killed 2 people loading in and that's bannable. Fair enough. As I said before, it's happened to me and I've done it before but no one was banned. This instance, maybe it was a fair ban but I honestly don't know. But then my friend gets banned. He killed one person who was actively there and another who had just posted in chat that he was AFK. There is no argument to be made for that being fair.

No proof so sorry if that wholly and completly discredits this story but yeah, I'd imagine how this story ends is we rolled in on an admin and his friends about to start some shit on newbies in Elektro and we messed their day up for about 5 minutes while they rerolled fresh characters then were teleported to their bodies. But hey, at least we know we made them mad enough to ban us, right?

Hello Daviuuun. Selvo here, admin at 866.

After reading your story (A rather entertaining story at that) I'd like to say that for the last few weeks I have been the only admin playing. Most of the team has been busy playing DayZ Origins.

I'd like to say that I was not the one who banned you. Some of us ban people who have ran scripts during the later hours of the night from the server logs the next morning. If you were banned for a script that we found in the logs, I'd be more than happy to take a look into it. If you could PM me your GUID I'll see what I can find out and possibly lift the ban if it was indeed false.

Thank you.

Selvo

FPoC - US866 Admin Team