Sign in to follow this  
Malmortius

My DayZ is taking a LONG time to load up.

It used to be under a minute or two but now its over like.. 5 minutes. My computers pretty badass too.

Its usually worse when creating a new character it'll stick on "loading". It takes so long and sometimes doesnt load at all.

Any ideas how to fix this.

Edited by Malmortius

loading time mostly depend on the server and how many people are on how long its been up or sometimes if they are losing connection to the hive to get your position when you die and restart it takes longer because the hive wipes your old character (keeps Humanity) and creates a new one and records the position. i think its doing ok on good servers considering how many people are on and how many they expected to be on it.

if it don't load it means that you are running the wrong version of arma as the server you should be running the same versions but the arma one is backwards compatible

hope that made sense and im not just rambling :)

Edited by AmberHelios

I think that if you have gathered loot and stored them in tents it should take more time to load, as well.

Depends on the server.

There 2 servers I am playing on right now take only about ~50 seconds to load.

I think that if you have gathered loot and stored them in tents it should take more time to load, as well.

you what?