Dreadfell

Fire methods/loot behaviour

Hello all,

So I watched a video where a jerry can was shot and it exploded. only stays lit for a short time so doubt I could cook steaks with this method. Anyone know if you can light a wood pile if put near jerry can?

Aslo Loot takes alot longer to spawn than zombies ive noticed,anyone else have any opinions or thoughts on loot/zombie behaviour? Another thing, i am always getting setup good with gear but dying of starvation(actualy its the desperate chances I take to find food that kills me)I finaly got all items needed to survive in the wild but very low blood,manage to see a cow and kill but atfer the message 8 steaks available it just vanishes!!! I would like some fishing tackle in game.

Regarding the item/zombie spawn: http://dayzmod.com/f...system-spoiler/

Regarding food: Just find a super market and stock up. There is tons of food there usually.

Yes. Run into the city and raid the large, obvious target. Fastest way to get to the beach.

Wait, you don't want to go back to the beach? Well then...

OP, you need to watch some youtube videos on how to hunt and cook meat. You're probably doing something wrong, the cow definitely should not vanish after you gut it. I don't think I've ever seen one do that - I only see them vanish after all the meat is taken out.

The most important thing about not running out of food is to make sure you're carrying food. You need at least 2-3 food on you at all times, because hunting can sometimes be unreliable. You don't really need "good gear" - if you have an axe and a canteen, you should be able to get food .... get a good supply of food before worrying about the other stuff.

Supermarkets are probably the best place to get cans of food. As for the animals, it does occasionally happen but you should have plenty of chances to try another one before dying (of starvation at least). As for blood, once you sort your emaciated animal problem you should be able to survive on meat as it restores 800blood and is plentiful. If not, try finding a friend to play with to enable to use of blood packs.

Edit: sorry, didn't realise supermarkets were already mentioned.

Edited by Lazy