Strategos (DayZ)

Semi Perma Death.

"DayZ was designed to be impossibly cruel, dark, and brutal. It was not designed as a game it was more of an experiment, I prefer the term "anti-game" - in other words the mechanics are not designed to be balanced, or offer a way out for different situations. These are things game designers normally take care with."

Perfect sentence to defend my point of view.

1. Mechanics are not designed to be balanced = If you have a team you're an imbalance, you managed to surpass some game problems by joining in a group and thus also making a social experiment.

2. Even team of 5-6 people with vehicles can be wiped out completely by one sniper, grenade, or just well positioned guy with a rifle. I've experienced this and also seen it on a stream. And that's exactly the point where u punch a screen. Not to mention that can also happen while a team guards the body. And if you watch streams a bit there are not many people doing that unless they are in a forest or some remote place where there are no many people. If their mate dies in a town or some high risk place they just pick up what they can and leave. Just other they i watched these guys who had a bus. And they were driving between cherno and elektro picking friends up, so these 2-3 guys make and ambush on a petrol station and killed one and wounded 2 more... Guys body droped from bus (and he was fully geared) and they just drove off and didn't look back, and started looting again for him to get equiped. So all that's not bullet proof. Nothing is indeed in this game.

You have team, snipes, gillies, bus etc. And them boom ... all gone... cause you were not careful enough, which you really can't be since there are too many dangers lurking about.

Even with teaming up guy with longest survival time only survived for 115h. So none had yet made a whole week alive.

Also even if you don't have a team you can be geared up in 10 minutes by pure luck. I for instance killed fully geared up guy with a makarov cause he spawned in front of me. Cause he lost connection with server prolly and dced on the street. And one time i spawned rly close to Firstation in cherno and get insane gear like right away. I'm talking AK, Nvg, bino, alice backpack etc. Well it wasn't all from firestation some i found in church. And other times you can't find shit for hours.

It seems to me more and more when i read these forums that all the people whining about this group/clan raiding are the ones who can't do that cause they don't have friends playing DayZ rather then those who don't want to play like that cause it's too easy.

Ok wow you really have to keep things simple here dont you.

I said:

"Luckily Rocket doesn't subscribe to this I don't think. hence his description of Dayz as an Anti_Game."

in reply to:

"#1 priority in the gaming industry is keeping people playing the game you create. "

You stated

"He must subscribe to this, because if you don't keep people playing you don't have the game any more"

And I posted a bloody great paragraph in bold type:

"If you're fed up, frustrated, maybe even angry then I've done my job. I don't want money, fame, power from it. I've achieved precisely the effect I wanted even if you never play the game again"

Is that succinct enough for you?

I have to admit, this is a decent solution to an existing problem. Even a 2 hour timer would be fine (and maybe despawn the body in 1 hour). Obviously, until the entire server population is STABLE this is a slippery slope, but not a terrible concept at all.

I'm afraid I'm not on board with this suggestion, I understand it's points but in the end this IS a game, a brutal one but a game non the less.

If your in a group and get all your gear rescued and picked up on the shore well that's due to teamwork and planning, the benefit to playing cooperatively, and does distract the whole group for up to an hour or longer before you can get back to what you were doing depending on group size and vehicles at disposal.

If your alone, you aren't so lucky, you have to run back to your corpse which can take hours if your without map and don't know exactly where you died, and chances are your corpse will have de-spawned, been looted already only if your very lucky will it still be there but you'll have lost a fair chunk of time and faced all kinds of danger on your way getting back.

I agree it is nice to get a feel that your a new character and begin a new story, but if your in it to play with friends then your going to play with those friends, the option exists for you to change server or group up with someone else but it shouldn't be mandatory.

"If you're fed up' date=' frustrated, maybe even angry then I've done my job. I don't want money, fame, power from it. I've achieved precisely the effect I wanted even if you never play the game again"

Is that succinct enough for you?

[/quote']

It's so nice that you wanna keep things simple and revert to some personal opinion by Rocket and not your own, now when u don't have nothing to counter me with on what i said in last post.

I don't want money, fame, power from it

I don't want money, fame, power

is just not something you can believe when people say it to you.

But on on topic. This idea seems to be beaten now, and its probably clear, that clans will still get the equipment back if they really want to. But something needs to be done here.

Aignor your arguments are terrible.

Jdz, I've seen another big thread like this one spring up.

But ultimately I think Leo may be right.

I'm still in two minds over the whole thing myself.

I don't really know if this would fix this "immortality". Because ok if you can't join to the server and reclaim your stuff, but your buddies are surely able to grab your stuff to somewhere. Besides you are never "immortal". I'm personally moving in a group and yes most of the time we have survived and even if we have died, some of us have managed to reclaim the gear from the dead bodies. Except one day all of us got wiped out and it happened like a lighting from a clear sky. It was my 29th day and 66 hours+ of game time when that happened(figured out that I end up to top survivor list). Also I wouldn't say that reclaiming bodies is so effortless like the OT is saying. Ok if you have a car it doesn't take that long, but what will happen if this car will go on a crash course with a hostile survivor with an assault rifle? Shit will hit the fan will happen. That false feeling of security will kill you eventually trust me.

Also I like to say for those who are moaning about pvp and saying that there's no reason to teamwork it's completely bullshit. The more numbers you have and the more organized you are the better you survive / gain better loot. Very simple math.