Holeman

choking mechanic in the game

ok so we all know how frustating it is when u see a guy and don't have any weapon's on you

now the idea that i have is that u would be able to choke other people if u have no gun and itd work like this:

-you moste approach a player and be close enuff that a prompt will appear about choking

-then you press the buton to start choking the other player and you most hit the keys c h o k e to spell the word choke as fast as you can

-the choked player then must spell inhale and exhale in order to fight back

-choking someone drains you're humanity

adn then either the choker is fast enough to kill the other guy OR the choker runs out of humanity (takes about 30 sec) and then karmic balance will strike and the choker will die because of judicial entropy

What about rape too? I reckon rape would be good. Can't exactly go home to nail the wife can you....she's walking around eating someone else's dick. Literally.

• Like 11

stupid idea what about a disarm move where you can kick the gun out of the opponants hands and if he pressses F fast enough he kills you

I think if you sneak up behind a character.. You can break his neck by twisting his head.. This would provide another reason to go in for stealth kills.

• Like 2

It'd be nice to not need a weapon to defend yourself. Some kind of grappling minigame where you grab a guy and try to wrestle his gun/ax away from him would be neat. Doesn't quite fit with the ArmA feel, but it might be worth trying.

How about making it a kind of tug-of-war game, where you play some kind of minigame, be it button mashing, paper-rock-scissors, etc. and the victor gains more advantage. I run up and grab a guy's revolver, then he tries to shoot me and I try to disarm him. I win that round, then he tries to headbutt me and I try to take us to the ground. Both succeed. Then we tussle a bit like late-match MMA guys until someone gets on top and knocks the other guy out.

I'd also like to see more ways to incapacitate without killing a player. Maybe have a little emergency zone between 0 and -2000 blood, where you get the hourglass and have the option to respawn then and there, and when it runs out you die. If you get bandaged in time, you go up to 1 blood and can receive a transfusion. It would be nice to be able to resuscitate team members after a fight if we hold the field.

• Like 1

The big problem with ArmA2, and with many first-person shooters, is that the controls and mechanics that work so well at range become very clunky up close. How many times have I danced around a guy while he shoots at me with a revolver? Without a melee attack, it becomes a comical ballet of sidesteps and misses, since the target's radial velocity becomes so fast and unpredictable that it's almost impossible to score a solid hit in a situation where the fight should be intuitive and straightforward. If I've got a rifle and he's two feet from me, I'd naturally want to thump him with the rifle. His instinct would be to grab the rifle, and we'd be wrasslin'. Even with a hatchet duel, you both wind up swinging like madmen and circle-strafing all day.

Some way to engage at contact distance would be good for DayZ, where a lot of the conflict takes place inside of barns or houses.

Sure, but then you'd have to make crouch walking more noisy when in a forest, and your stepping on leaves. I don't know about you, but if I was sitting in the forest, say as a sniper, I would most certainly hear someone creeping behind me, even as quietly as possible, just by the leaves/twigs cracking that are under leaves. You can have the lightest feet, but you will NOT be silent.

I wouldn't mind a silent kill option, as long as there is some QTE where you both struggle against each other, before you either kill them, or get pushed off.

An instant-kill option is just too brutal.

Golf could be a lot of fun as an ArmA mod. Fire a shot, teleport to where it lands, shoot again. Holes could be barrels or landmarks miles apart.

I would also like an option to play a little golf in game and maybe have a kick around with a footie using the zeds as 'holes'/goals.

Gotta watch out for them horde hazards. Worse than bunkers, them.

Golf has everything to do with strangling someone to death.

Have you ever played golf?

Shit makes you want to strangle anything and everything.

(Just my 2cents)

• Like 2

ok so we all know how frustating it is when u see a guy and don't have any weapon's on you

now the idea that i have is that u would be able to choke other people if u have no gun and itd work like this:

-you moste approach a player and be close enuff that a prompt will appear about choking

-then you press the buton to start choking the other player and you most hit the keys c h o k e to spell the word choke as fast as you can

-the choked player then must spell inhale and exhale in order to fight back

-choking someone drains you're humanity

adn then either the choker is fast enough to kill the other guy OR the choker runs out of humanity (takes about 30 sec) and then karmic balance will strike and the choker will die because of judicial entropy

THIS IS THE GREATEST IDEA EVER, ROCKET DELIVER THIS UNTO ME NOW!

What about rape too? I reckon rape would be good. Can't exactly go home to nail the wife can you....she's walking around eating someone else's dick. Literally.

attacker : rape [enter]

defender : sit down [enter]

:)

i like the idea of being able to break peoples necks if they dont notice you it would add to the tension and teach players to always be on the look out