Dr. Hawk

The DR. is in

Just thought I'd swoop down and say hello to all. I keep getting shot when I try to speak so maybe text will work better... I have grasped the underworkings of the game however and am looking for other chatty people. I do this in hope of finding peeps to play with, as so far everyone I meet in DayZ is a COD player with an itchy trigger finger. What ever happened to JOLLY COOPERATION???

post-105046-0-33591100-1346745821_thumb.

Edited by Dr. Hawk
  • Like 1

I met this guy in a ghillie suit on the ridge just behind Stary, as he ran past me 5m off with two zombies after him. I think he said "I'm not a bandit", but I couldn't quite hear him. He spoke with a low voice and maybe I couldn't quite hear him because of the gunfire after I started gunning him down, :o

I have yet to go to Stary...

Good loot but even as a 'friendly' player, Stary is a shoot on sight zone for me.

I find I get a more positive response from other players if I write/speak in direct chat but they have no idea where I am, it gives me the upper hand and makes them fearful, the type of fear which makes them have to trust you a little tiny bit considering I haven't killed them yet - that followed by careful instructions and slow movements towards one-another with weapons pointing to the ground usually results in no bloodshed.

Another situation would be freeing a newbie from zombies but after bandaging them up and giving them a few tips etc. I usually find myself parting from them as they would only slow me down.

How do you usually find yourself approaching other players?

I find I get a more positive response from other players if I write/speak in direct chat but they have no idea where I am, it gives me the upper hand and makes them fearful, the type of fear which makes them have to trust you a little tiny bit considering I haven't killed them yet - that followed by careful instructions and slow movements towards one-another with weapons pointing to the ground usually results in no bloodshed.

Another situation would be freeing a newbie from zombies but after bandaging them up and giving them a few tips etc. I usually find myself parting from them as they would only slow me down.

How do you usually find yourself approaching other players?

I tried this but to a limited extent. Generally I just run up and say hi. However I don't know if my push to talk is even working, I have YET to hear a single soul in the game outside of skype or Teamspeak.

Don't run up to people trying to high five them. Make sure your in a good position to at least defend yourself before you make contact.

Don't run up to people trying to high five them. Make sure your in a good position to at least defend yourself before you make contact.

I figured running up, saluting while talking came off less agressive than crouched 50m away, behind cover with a rifle pointed at them... I'm a Sunbro, so I will engage in conversation through Jolly means...

Moved to Survivor HQ, you'll find people there.

Oops, sorry for the mishap...

I figured running up, saluting while talking came off less agressive than crouched 50m away, behind cover with a rifle pointed at them... I'm a Sunbro, so I will engage in conversation through Jolly means...

Perhaps throwing a fun rock might work?

• Like 1