rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

So' date=' since the ground is BLACKBLACKBLACK, the sky is absolutely depicted wrong and just makes the horribly black countryside all the more irritating. (I'm surprised the photographer that knows light better than most didn't point this out first.)[/quote']

I'm not going to point out the obvious.

When the moon is out the light quality is exactly the same as the sun (same size light source) just a lower intensity. The stars also provide some, but it's more fill light given the size of the light source is technically

the entire sky.

IMHO, the lighting when you had gamma/brightness at around/a bit under 85 was pretty damn accurate.

I totally agree with you here gren. I live somewhere on top of the mountain with forest around it. Full moon, open skies = everything is clearly visible when your eyes adjusted. even with stars its pretty visible also. intensity level is the key like u said.

This is in regards to the darkness thing.

I feel that it's a good element to add to that "suspense". But if you're planning on doing that please take out the NVG's (night vision goggles). Not because they're OP or anything like that, it's more of game design choices.

For example, don't say "we want this creepy scared to move atmosphere" but then have people be able to move through the dark with an incredible upper hand.

Want people to be scare of the dark? Use light sources? Keep it that way.

As long as servers can change their time, there won't be night time servers at all. (At least with more than 10 people on them).

The issue is not only "I don't see shit", it is more like "I don't have people to play with and to not see shit with."

So something needs to happen on this front. Surprise us with something like you guys always do :-)

ya the night time with moonlight is good enough its visible but still NIGHT time and it doesnt require NVG so they won't be as OP cause right now night time is impossible almost to traverse and nothing but easy pickings for NVG people.

Solution: special night time loot and shit like that. Hide some extra goodies out there... for the brave ones.

Solution: special night time loot and shit like that. Hide some extra goodies out there... for the brave ones.

Much reduced zombie vision at night would be good.

Wow still no patch...

This thread is just one big cock tease.

Probably thanks to all the hax. This reminds me of the adventure update for Minecraft, everyone was waiting and begging for it so finally they leaked a beta of the patch to people unofficially.

I dont understand people wanting the darkness changed. right now with my gamma and hdr turned up I can usually see almost as good as daytime, even with in game clouds and no moon. The Dev's have no control over this. making the night time brighter is just going to make it easier for me to see. why bother having night at all then? maybe some of you prefer to play with the gamma off and simply complain on the forums that it's too dark? what will you do when the brightness is increased and I have even more of an advantage? why no just turn up your hdr and gamma?

I agree, it's too dark. If I didn't my settings wouldn't be cranked. But those of you complaining about NVG players getting the advantage are missing the point by asking for adjustments to light. That advantage is already easily eliminated.

I dont understand people wanting the darkness changed. right now with my gamma and hdr turned up I can usually see almost as good as daytime' date=' even with in game clouds and no moon. The Dev's have no control over this. making the night time brighter is just going to make it easier for me to see. why bother having night at all then? maybe some of you prefer to play with the gamma off and simply complain on the forums that it's too dark? what will you do when the brightness is increased and I have even more of an advantage? why no just turn up your hdr and gamma?

I agree, it's too dark. If I didn't my settings wouldn't be cranked. But those of you complaining about NVG players getting the advantage are missing the point by asking for adjustments to light. That advantage is already easily eliminated.

[/quote']

Just wait for the lunar cycle to change and we're pitch black with full gamma all over again.

I dont understand people wanting the darkness changed. right now with my gamma and hdr turned up I can usually see almost as good as daytime' date=' even with in game clouds and no moon. The Dev's have no control over this. making the night time brighter is just going to make it easier for me to see. why bother having night at all then? maybe some of you prefer to play with the gamma off and simply complain on the forums that it's too dark? what will you do when the brightness is increased and I have even more of an advantage? why no just turn up your hdr and gamma?

[/quote']

You are missing the point. You are upping your gamma and setting your HDR to the fullest. The latter might not be possible for every player. My point is, it's game-breaking. Some have it absolutely pitch-black, having to navigate through familiar silhouettes and the sounds of zombies when some just glide through with their gamma and HDR set to full.

While i am fine as it is, i felt the need to play devil's advocate to make the issue clear for you.

only those who already have good gear and NVGs will get the better gear then. the ppl just starting with a Winchester / enfield would be fucked.

[/quote']

Are you using the latest beta patch on a server running it aswell? Cause for me its pitch black, doesn't matter if I crank up ingame/monitor gamma and brightness to max.

[quote=

Are you using the latest beta patch on a server running it aswell? Cause for me its pitch black' date= doesn't matter if I crank up ingame/monitor gamma and brightness to max.

this, when ppl start upgrading to the beta patch they will realize how damn dark it is. TAKE AWAY NVGs

or use Flares, flashlights, etc to see at night like intended.

The truth is people have been babied by more mainstream games where night time is practically just day time with a purplish filter added over it and a skybox change. The only reason people DON'T want to use light sources is because they're afraid of being shot. Well big whoop, getting shot is part of the game.

As one person said earlier, you don't have to stand smack dab in the middle of a flare after you throw it. Chemlights are also a better alternative if you don't want to draw too much attention to yourself as their light doesn't render after a certain distance to other players (but you can still see a faint glow of the stick). As for flashlights, you don't have to keep it on 24/7; you can turn it on for a few seconds to get your bearings and then quickly turn it off.

TL;DR - People are just mad they can't have pseudo nightvision anymore and cruise through the game.

or use Flares' date=' flashlights, etc to see at night like intended.

[/quote']

And show their location to the bandits

Ok everything seems fine i like new ideas in the upcoming patch but... i didnt saw anything about TENTS... yeah yeah everyone knows that pain and know what im asking for.

So? Its frustrating when you are in the middle of nowhere tottaly on open maxe flat ground 100x100m and... you cant make a tent... also it would be awesoem if you could finally build/place/make... Tent in the forest.

Next thing is... like i dont know if anyone had this before but, i cant write on blue on some servers... im not bandit i never kill ppl as first so why i cant write on blue? and if so why GLOBAL chat isnt working properly - nobody see my text on global.

I hope those 2 things will be fixed/resolved and if that will happen... well, rest are pure epicnes.

The truth is people have been babied by more mainstream games where night time is practically just day time with a purplish filter added over it and a skybox change. The only reason people DON'T want to use light sources is because they're afraid of being shot. Well big whoop' date=' getting shot is part of the game.

As one person said earlier, you don't have to stand smack dab in the middle of a flare after you throw it. Chemlights are also a better alternative if you don't want to draw too much attention to yourself as their light doesn't render after a certain distance to other players (but you can still see a faint glow of the stick). As for flashlights, you don't have to keep it on 24/7; you can turn it on for a few seconds to get your bearings and then quickly turn it off.

TL;DR - People are just mad they can't have pseudo nightvision anymore and cruise through the game.

[/quote']

DL;DR

Basement dweller who has never been around in the night without artificial lightning.