rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

There's a new beta patch. ARMA2_OA_Build_93825? Do i download it?

Yes, always update to the latest patch.

Oh so it's not super unrealistic darkness?

Right, they fixed that. Still gets plenty dark, but you can now make out some features around you again.

People, when they say lag problem solved? its about "lag"? or about fps? i hope will be about the second

Hah, just got the beta patch, what a waste of time. The night is still unbelievably stupid.

Don't fix what ain't broke :(

Hah' date=' just got the beta patch, what a waste of time. The night is still unbelievably stupid.

[/quote']

Are the servers evening using the latest beta patch seems theyre backwards compat? Aint logged in today, cant risk my rare british 50cal without my bro to cover my 6

Im mainly waiting for 1.7.1 to come out :(

You'll get kicked by Battleye if the server hasn't updated for the latest one. I found one (look in the server list) that supports the 93825 patch. It's stupid dark. Sigh, daytime again for me.

You'll get kicked by Battleye if the server hasn't updated for the latest one. I found one (look in the server list) that supports the 93825 patch. It's stupid dark. Sigh' date=' daytime again for me.

[/quote']

Weird i was told the beta patches were backwards compatible, not that ive tried it personally & i havent played DayZ Night since they messed it up from an earlier beta patch a few weeks ago.

This is the first beta I've put on (I like the humourous anecdotes and nubcomments from side chat) to see how bad they fucked the nights, took it right off. It's gonna suck when it's compulsory :/

Hah' date=' just got the beta patch, what a waste of time. The night is still unbelievably stupid.

[/quote']

The night is FINE. It was fine before the patch, and it's even better after the patch. The point of rendering gamma/brightness ineffective is to prevent people from enabling "night vision" when they don't even have night vision goggles.

There's a reason there are flares, chemlights, and flashlights in the game. If you don't want to use any of those because "IT MAKES ME A PRIME TARGET AT NIGHT", then either go to a day server or go to bed (if it's night time in your time zone).

If you're talking about the night just being plain pitch black, you're probably in a new moon cycle AND have overcast skies. Anything from half-moon to full moon is completely sufficient lighting.

People' date=' when they say lag problem solved? its about "lag"? or about fps? i hope will be about the second

[/quote']

BOTH! Fps sucks, but at least I get some 20-50 fps oftentimes.

But lag is like several seconds, when half a second would be a death sentence.

The night is FINE. It was fine before the patch' date=' and it's even better after the patch. The point of rendering gamma/brightness ineffective is to prevent people from enabling "night vision" when they don't even have night vision goggles.

There's a reason there are flares, chemlights, and flashlights in the game. If you don't want to use any of those because "IT MAKES ME A PRIME TARGET AT NIGHT", then either go to a day server or go to bed (if it's night time in your time zone).

If you're talking about the night just being plain pitch black, you're probably in a new moon cycle AND have overcast skies. Anything from half-moon to full moon is completely sufficient lighting.

[/quote']

It's not fine. There's no need for it to be black. I'ts night time, not black time.

Go out to the country, go outside at night. It's not like that. I don't want to be forced to use a SHOOT ME flag playing at night.

The night is FINE. It was fine before the patch' date=' and it's even better after the patch. The point of rendering gamma/brightness ineffective is to prevent people from enabling "night vision" when they don't even have night vision goggles.

[/quote']

It's not fine. There's no need for it to be black. I'ts night time, not black time.

Go out to the country, go outside at night. It's not like that. I don't want to be forced to use a SHOOT ME flag playing at night.

Go outside when there is no moon out, go outside with no moon AND bad weather.

You can't see shit.

if there is no light source you see nothing, i have walked many times in pitch black and in groups, you could not see your own hands in front of you nor the guy in front of you when walking in a forest, all you do is walk on hearing and touch in that regard chernarus nights are just the same.

it is shitty at night in the forest but i can assure any one if you go to a forest at night and it is clouded or the trees are close, no light will be present under the canopy.

I really don't mind how the night is... It adds a tension element to the game.

Me and a friend spent 30-45 mins crossing a distance of only a few hundred metres at night, but it was fun! We had to use the coast as efficiently as possible in order to recognise silhouettes of ourselves and the zombies. Also, flares are a good last resort (for lack of a flashlight/chemlight). Yes, they'll attract attention but you don't have to be bang in the middle of them...

Haha, I used to live on 100 acres in similar country to Chernarus. I used to walk around at night with 5x better visibility than this latest beta patch. We also had thick forestry, which was a lot darker than the open plains, but still nothing like this. I had a blowgun that I could reliably hunt small game with, AND retreive the missed darts. All under the stars. Yes, it was harder without the moon, but still, nothing like this patch.

The way it WAS (at roughly 75% gam/brightness, 100% was a bit OTT), was fine. Now it's just dumb.

Also, I'm a photographer for a living, I know light better than most. I do star trails here and there and there is a surprising amount of light once your eyes adjust.

[/quote']

Go outside when there is no moon out, go outside with no moon AND bad weather.

You can't see shit.

I'm sure you are aware theres only 3 or so nights of no moon at all, around 20 days of the moon cycle you can see well enough to navigate and not bump into anything even with clouds.

What about a mechanic that makes your "eyes" get used to the dark over a period of time?

Yeh, I like this idea as well.

Not that it gets too easy to see but a bit better and you get blinded by muzzle flares or other bright light for a sec or two.

Omfg so many cry babies and liars dafuck

That's how night Is supposed tO be, those who went camping or been in the scouts know this shit, even with full moon visibility sucks when there is no moon you wouldn't be able to see your hand, that's what most scout games base on someone can get hanged by his legs right In front of and you wouldn't know what's happening, in the army they have fucking red dot lights in the back of their helmet so they wouldn't lose each other stop being a cry baby about the night

If you wonna be a cry baby at least do it to things I care about, only my opinion count in the Internet, and so.. Five seconds per dc?? I don't love you anymore rocket, your game shall fail, becuase everybody thinks like I do and that's how it should be. :sarcasm:

No but really this 5 sec timer is gonn be a pain with my old 9800 and shitty. Connection.

It's my problem though majority shouldn't pay for the minorities problems

Ps. Some tool are ment to blind night vision not make you a target, use your tools wisely

Can't wait to try the new version, the changelog sounds very promising so far, especially the updated zombie behavior.

I want to add in my two cents about the night time.

I also think it's too dark. Wrong and inaccurately dark. It's difficult to achieve the proper look in a video game, I know, but still. Your eyes WOULD adjust and you would be able to see more than just BLACK.

It bugs me that the game has "light" adjustments for when you're blinded by a flare (for instance) and makes your surroundings darker (even dims out the stars!), keeping only the immediate area around the flare bright, but then doesn't have any adjustments for when you're running through the forest with no light at all and your "eyes" never adjust.

The thing that REALLY bugs me and proves that the lighting is wrong is the sky compared to the ground. The sky (clouds, and sometimes even horizon) appear quite bright. For this to happen, there needs to be:

1. Light filtered through the clouds

2. Light reflecting/emanating from the ground <-mostly this, since the above will give more of a "silver lining" to the clouds.

So, since the ground is BLACKBLACKBLACK, the sky is absolutely depicted wrong and just makes the horribly black countryside all the more irritating. (I'm surprised the photographer that knows light better than most didn't point this out first.)

To the people saying that there is "plenty of light" when there is a moon in the sky in game... what? The ground is still black as hell. On the coast, you can see the water edge reflecting at least, but everything else is just a silhouette.

PS: My monitor calibration is near perfect, thank you. I'm not going to make it over-bright/over-gamma'd for the game.

PPS: I WANT to be able to play during the night cycle, but as it is, it's borderline unplayable and definitely irritating.

So' date=' since the ground is BLACKBLACKBLACK

[/quote']

That's just it, the ground is no longer solid black in the latest beta patch released a few hours ago. It's now a few shades of dark gray again. :P

It probably is a little too dark for realism even with the current moon phase, considering some time given for a person's eyes to adjust, but not by all that much.

So' date=' since the ground is BLACKBLACKBLACK, the sky is absolutely depicted wrong and just makes the horribly black countryside all the more irritating. (I'm surprised the photographer that knows light better than most didn't point this out first.)[/quote']

I'm not going to point out the obvious.

When the moon is out the light quality is exactly the same as the sun (same size light source) just a lower intensity. The stars also provide some, but it's more fill light given the size of the light source is technically

the entire sky.

IMHO, the lighting when you had gamma/brightness at around/a bit under 85 was pretty damn accurate.