Sign in to follow this  
theguruofreason

Roving Groups of Zombies

I want to force players to interact with zombies more often and in a more meaningful way. As it stands, once you're geared and know how to play, zombies are basically never a threat. They're an occasional annoyance, and can be problematic if enemy players are around, but will rarely ever be the sole cause of death of a player. That is why I propose roving bands of zombies as a dynamic event. On occasion, 50-100 zombies would spawn and start moving through towns and across fields (perhaps from town to town), and agroing a zombie near the horde would agro the whole horde, but it should also be possible to hide/run away and hide and lose all the agro. Let's make zombies a threat again!

Randomly happening upon 100 zombies would definitely break up the drudgery of jogging 10 km place to place. Of course, so would velociraptors.

Reminds me of the walker pack from the Walking Dead.

Have some of the zombies have good loot and now you also have a reason to actually HUNT down zombie roamers.

Imagine being north of Olsha, in the woods with a small group of friends.

There is NO zombie spawn points anywhere near so you feel sorta safe.

than, all of a sudden, BRAAAAAINS

Holy crap, you just got blindsided, at night, by a few dozen zombies.

In the ensuing fight, you lost two friends to the undead.

On the plus side, one of the zombie had a nice M240B with a belt box.and a PDW SD with three mags.

Awesome night.

Only if the zombie carrying the M240B doesn't have the ability to use it.

Gun crazy commando zombies would bring about the death of us all. D:

Yeah I want this. Been thinking about it for awhile. There needs to be a threat while out in the woods, and roaming zombie hordes would be awesome.

They should have special loot (MOUNTAIN DEW AHAHAHAHAHA), heightened senses (after all they are smart enough to stick together so it makes sense that they might be able to notice players easier), and if possible make it so they spawn in areas with highish player concentrations out in the world, perhaps even near tents cities that way players have to defend their camps from zombies too. Just make sure that the hordes stay off the coast, noobs have it hard as it is.