Sign in to follow this  
Ovrclck

So I accidentally murdered a member from my group

And I feel like shit!! We were playing on Lingor when I decided to take a break. They were still playing but I decided not to rejoin Skype and hit it solo. A while later I see someone on a bike yelling friendly but I opened fire anyways with my Aim 14 as I was killed earlier by a friendly.

Have you done something similar?

Edited by WalterWhite

No, but I sure have contemplated it. The path of the hero is fraught with temptation.

It was me! A lot of bodies around us and one of these was still standing after defeat and i just yelled: "There is another player" - in an instant my blood hits the floor...

Edited by Alex_011
  • Like 1

Havent played in a group, so I havent 'had the chance', but I do hope you atleast gave him a proper burial. (after looting his still warm body) ;)

Havent played in a group, so I havent 'had the chance', but I do hope you atleast gave him a proper burial. (after looting his still warm body) ;)

lol Yes, I gave him a proper burial. I was awarded with a plethora of loot and a Coyote with his permission of course.

We were 2 ppl on baloa airfield and my friend told me at teamspeak: "there is another player" and I turned around and shot my friend instead of the other one XD

^_^

It was me! A lot of bodies around us and one of this was still standing after defeat and i just yelled: "There is another player" - in an instant my blood hits the floor...

Good ol' adrenaline rushing in. :D

the only time I've done it he was to my right up hill as we where moving and a server dysync plopped him far downhill to my left and I shot when the server resynced and killed him

I bet he was pissed huh?

I was with a friend up north, we decided we needed some food and drink so we ran down to the supermarket and we pulled a bunch of zeds we killed all of them but i saw one walking towards us from across the street (normally i would just leave it alone) but i decided i would take the zed out so i got aim and when i was about to pull the trigger my friends head comes into the scope Bang his dead. Up to that point i had only killed one other person and i felt really bad, lucky enough he just ran back and got his gear back.

• Like 1

You felt bad? It's a video game..

Of course it's a video game. I'm not one to kill my friends in game is all. Other FPS's is fine.

I know what you mean my i was camping the Castle like the north of Chernogosk with my CZ 550 (this is when I haven't experienced in fighting a player and when it thought the CZ 550 was the best first sniper rifle) so i heard foot steps killed a player as he came up the roof of the castle shot him and finished him off he didn't have good things but i was so happy than. My friend was running for and hour or so to my location getting lost etc. than as he was coming up i heard a soda can Pop I said to him "WAS THAT YOU?!" he said "no thats not me" i saw a player shot him and killed him..... i felt like shit xD

LOL, killing another member or friend in your group is bad, how about killing your own son:)

A few months back me and my son were playing, we were both fairly new to the game and were having a blast. We fresh spawned near Cherno, got fairly geared up and made our way into Elektro. We hit the normal loot spots and then we both went into the pub next to the market. We went upstairs, through each of the upstairs rooms then ended up in the far back room overlooking the market. We sat there for a few minutes, in the dark.... Someone spawned into that same room in the corner, we hear a mak fire a few rounds, one of them hit me, i returned fire then the player must have alt-f4's out.

We were both a bit freaked out about this, we sat in that room proned for minutes staring at that corner for him to return... Should we leave, should we find another server... I said no, lets just stick it out here. I was having shakes and needed some painkillers so i slowly made by way up the hallway as i remember seeing painkillers spawned there which i passed on initially. Nick, my son, said he would throw a flare so we can see as we got out of there. I said OK, go ahead. Im in the hallway, he is in the room. I do not remember telling him i had already moved out of the room.

He throws the fair, i start to make my way to the middle room when i hear nick freaking out, telling me there is someone else up here with us. I start to freak out, i see no one. By this time im in the middle room and nick is like 'i see him'. I turn around and i see him too. I unload my mak into him, he goes down... When i realize, the man i just killed was nick, my son, and it was me he was seeing.

I did not keep nick informed on my position, and from that point on, i now make it a priority to know all my teammates positions and keep them informed on my own. Its to easy in this game to kill a teammate.

I KNOW its only a game. BUT, i still felt like complete and total shit for killing him. I guarded his body like a boss waiting for him to make it back to get his stuff.

• Like 3

LOL, killing another member or friend in your group is bad, how about killing your own son:)

A few months back me and my son were playing, we were both fairly new to the game and were having a blast. We fresh spawned near Cherno, got fairly geared up and made our way into Elektro. We hit the normal loot spots and then we both went into the pub next to the market. We went upstairs, through each of the upstairs rooms then ended up in the far back room overlooking the market. We sat there for a few minutes, in the dark.... Someone spawned into that same room in the corner, we hear a mak fire a few rounds, one of them hit me, i returned fire then the player must have alt-f4's out.

We were both a bit freaked out about this, we sat in that room proned for minutes staring at that corner for him to return... Should we leave, should we find another server... I said no, lets just stick it out here. I was having shakes and needed some painkillers so i slowly made by way up the hallway as i remember seeing painkillers spawned there which i passed on initially. Nick, my son, said he would throw a flare so we can see as we got out of there. I said OK, go ahead. Im in the hallway, he is in the room. I do not remember telling him i had already moved out of the room.

He throws the fair, i start to make my way to the middle room when i hear nick freaking out, telling me there is someone else up here with us. I start to freak out, i see no one. By this time im in the middle room and nick is like 'i see him'. I turn around and i see him too. I unload my mak into him, he goes down... When i realize, the man i just killed was nick, my son, and it was me he was seeing.

I did not keep nick informed on my position, and from that point on, i now make it a priority to know all my teammates positions and keep them informed on my own. Its to easy in this game to kill a teammate.

I KNOW its only a game. BUT, i still felt like complete and total shit for killing him. I guarded his body like a boss waiting for him to make it back to get his stuff.

lol great story man!

I've been on the other end and really just had to laugh. Tell a buddy that our group is on the top of the clock tower in cherno, he climbs up and says he sees someone. We thought he meant on the ground and started looking all around and he shoots my buddy and I on the roof.

Needless to say he gets mocked constantly and we always tell him our position three or four times when he is approaching. Same buddy is also responsible for crashing two offroad pickup trucks that killed all four people.

Hopefully in an update, they will give you visual signs or actual names over your friends/allies. Like you'll accept and offer to join a group and as long as they are in your group, their name will be over their head to just your group.. but if they die.. they also get removed from your group. Something like this would be very nice.

And I feel like shit!! We were playing on Lingor when I decided to take a break. They were still playing but I decided not to rejoin Skype and hit it solo. A while later I see someone on a bike yelling friendly but I opened fire anyways with my Aim 14 as I was killed earlier by a friendly.

Have you done something similar?

No, you were killed by someone shouting friendly. If someone is running at you shouting friendly, that doesn't prove they're a friendly, it only proves that either they're in idiot or they think you are.

Are people really this daft?

I wouldn't mind some sort of group indicator, in real life it's easy to ID people you know from their gait, mannerisms, etc. It wouldn't break immersion too much... but we could also live without it.

Been done a couple of times, thank you giovanni.

Had one guy in the group, he had an Enfield and I swear he was using a mouse pad on his laptop. Every couple minutes 'dingaling signaling' the dinner bell would go off.

It got to the point where we had to take it off him and make him stand in the naughty corner. Not before he managed to shoot two team members and attract every zed in stary.

There were a lot of ded zeds in the big shed that night.

No, you were killed by someone shouting friendly. If someone is running at you shouting friendly, that doesn't prove they're a friendly, it only proves that either they're in idiot or they think you are.

Are people really this daft?

I wouldn't mind some sort of group indicator, in real life it's easy to ID people you know from their gait, mannerisms, etc. It wouldn't break immersion too much... but we could also live without it.

I don't trust anyone that isn't on Skype or ts3. I saw this guy bleeding and was being chased by a zed as he was heading to a crash site. I killed the zed. He says "oh, is that a dmr?" I said yes and there was the you were killed screen. :D

I shot my friend that was sick after we couldn't find antibiotics over 2 days. Not really an accident. Then i've shot one on accident than ran through my fire because i started opening up at the same time i said contact and he ran into my fire lane on accident