Sign in to follow this  
USMCDADY

Slight Military Nerdage

Picture it in the midst of combat and "click" you run out of ammo and into two new options take 30 mins to switch to your pistol or run off and take an additional 30 mins to try and get that sweet M4 greande launcher out but with my redefined system it wil not only make any weapon change easier but clear up inventory space.

It is a simple move of the weapons. todays military does not put their weapon on their back to chage to a pistol but they have it hang in front of them via a sling. So why apply the same principal here. instead of the back hang it on their and switch to the pistol.

As the inventory put the second weapon on the back but not on the old actually the back either under or over the backpack so as not to stick out and give away position. This is another tactic used by the Military generaly a sniper.

Please give all critisim to help redefine this system. Also hope so much it comes out on console. keyboard and mouse are weird to use

• Like 1

The new inventory system that the UI artist has allows for hotkeying, solving the problem of super slow weapon swapping.

Also hope so much it comes out on console. keyboard and mouse are weird to use

You can use an xbox controller on pc.

But trust me, a keyboard may seem odd now, but just force yourself to get used to it in gaming and it is SO much better than a controller.

And consoles are rubbish anyway. I doubt any game on this scale will work on one, current gen or next. It'd have to be scaled down so much it would lose most, if not all, of it's defining elements.

On topic:

I like the idea but I believe it would be a hassle to implement into the current ARMA 2 engine, maybe for the standalone though.

A controller with this game sucks. I've tried it and it's impossible to match the speed and precision that comes with a mouse. This game will most certainly require a keyboard and mouse and if it does go on consoles in the future, it would have to be a watered down version. I can't see any other alternative.

IMO incresing switch to secondary should only be increased if a player is able to find a better sling, if you have a two point it should be stowing to your shoulder.

Switch to pack weapon should take minutes, not the insta switch crap that exhists now..

All great suggestions and for the issue keyboard and console is that i only got arma 2 for dayz so the keyboard is very foreign to me and i can see how you would see it crapped out on the console but the current frostbite 2 engine has been picked at to bring it to console because its the only console engine to be able to handle this scale of a game. And to xXI Mr Two IXx valid to the exstent of a two point sling still allows the user to drape the weapon across their chest. I have one on my .308 AR

And I can not reveale my soureces but for the consoles it may be a disk if the scale is to big.

Thats all my knowledge not bashing just i am an XBOX 360 player and only play pc game is arma 2 dayz

Edited by USMCDADY

Trust me, it won't go console. Just the sheer size of the map, amount of NPCs and amount of players per server just will not be playable on console. Get use to keyboard and mouse, if you try using a controller you'll get worked in a firefight.