Goodrita

Having trouble installing Lingor Island(using DayZCommander)

Hey, I just tried to play lingor island a few minutes ago but I'm having an issue when I try to join a server. Apparently I'm missing multiple files. I'm a little new to DayZ commander, do you guys know if there is a way to fix this?

EDIT: Error message: http://i.imgur.com/tU1X0.png

Edited by Goodrita

You are a pony - not helping.

User Warned - Nothing valuable was added to the topic. -Inu

Edited by Inu
  • Like 1

...Can we forget about that for a sec? I would like to be playing Lingor Island. :/

Edited by Goodrita

Maybe it's the server, then. Have you attempted to join multiple servers? Could also try installing the mod manually.

Also, what exactly is the message you receive upon connecting to a server? Nevermind, I see it now.

Edited by Inu

Try to install the mod manually. DayZ Commander just started doing Lingor, it may not be properly configured.

I fucked around with my Steam launching options.

for anyone having the same issues, DayZcommander properly installs the files, but doesn't launch it properly. I fixed it by adding this line "-mod=@dayz_lingor_island;@dayz_lingor -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -winxp -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7" to my Arma 2:CO launching options, so far I was able to get into 2 servers

EDIT: The only required line is "-mod=@dayz_lingor_island;@dayz_lingor -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"

The rest is just to improve performance.

Edited by Goodrita

I'm getting "Addon 'dayz_lingor_anim' requires addon ' CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'" when I launch Operation Arrowhead from steam then "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope.' once the game comes up. Then when I try to join a server it says I can't play it because it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. 'CARocks2'. Any ideas?

Have you tried installing DayZ Commander from fresh? I had similar issues but instead of updating through D.C I simply downloaded the new installer and installed then updated the game files inside the new installation, worked better than older version. Remember to reset P.C. after install.

I've been on Lingor past 2 days now and enjoying it as much as when i first installed Chernarus.

just fyi mate, i believe the cpucount, memory and exthread isnt needed after patch 1.62, as it automaticly figures it out now.

i deleted it and improved performance more then when i had the code in start parameter.

ive also got a manual installation guide for steam in my server thread, if its needed :)

Had trouble with the Steam version too, key is to go to the Launch options of Arma2 OA, add -mod=@DayZ_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island. Now right click Arma2 OA and "Launch Arma2 Combined Operations".

Had the exact same ca_rocks2 error, probably got it cause i was not running Combined Operations, which works a bit different in the Steam version it seems. Now all is fine! :D

Edited by eule

I've tried making a shortcut of the Arma II OA Beta and adding it to Steam, then changing the target to whatever I've been seeing people on YouTube and DayZ forums and whatever other Lingor help site thing, whatever you call them. I've tried installing it through DayZ Commander and manually, neither of them worked, I kind of don't know what else to do. Everything is up to date.

it looks like they need to fix the dayz commander install.

just follow the simple step by step instructions in the video.

Edited by notSLICK

This is the video I watched where the guy talks about the Beeayta fersion cero three four. I followed all the steps and I still can't play mooultiplayar. I also find it pretty fun to type like that guy talks. No offense to the dude, accents are pretty rad.

Edited by POSIPJ

Also, another thing, and I don't know if this is normal or if this is just something that messed up during the download or whatever, you guys are talking about Combine Operations, but the only Arma 2 games that are on my Steam are Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Everytime I double click Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, it let's me choose "Launch Arma 2: Combined Operations" but whenever I do, it looks like command prompt comes up, types a bunch of stuff, then goes away. The game never launches. Is that something I need to fix as well?

combined operations is a combo of arma II and arma II operetion arrowhead mate. hence no folder.

one of the most important stuff on steam is to copy yours addons folder from arma II to arma II oa folder.

If you want, ive got a instruction in my signature, for steam, using a .bat file as a direct shortcut, rather then going through steam :)

and ofc when you first download it on steam, you open up all 3 games, get into the menu and close it.

thats how steam completes the install :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I had a similar problem with my Steam install, it was the launch line in steam that was wrong. I'm at work so don't know the exact line but the @dayz_lingor_island was missing. Once I added that it was fine, just look in the folder with the files in, copy the folder names exactly with a ; in between after the - no splash- mod=. Sorry I can't be exact, would of copy and paste it here if at home.

Add the line after right clicking arma 2 oa, properties, launch "something or other"

Sorry if this is all to vague.

Edited by DazTroyer

-mod=@DayZ_lingor;@dayz_lingor_island; -nosplash

something like this mate?

Yeah, I've done all of that. My game is updated. Verified cache. Ran all three games. Changed the launch options. Moved add ons to Arma 2 OA folder. Manually installed Lingor Island into my Arma 2 OA folder. Still getting the CA_Dubbing_Counterattack whatever error on start up. Kind of running out of options aren't we?

Alright, I got it figured out. It was a pretty simple solution so if anybody has the "Dubbing_Counterattack" error coming up, feel free to message me and I can at least tell you what I did.

Alright, I got it figured out. It was a pretty simple solution so if anybody has the "Dubbing_Counterattack" error coming up, feel free to message me and I can at least tell you what I did.

could you pls edit you post with the solution so people can find all the information in this thread mate? :)