Forgewolf

Seperate Profiles?

Seperate Profiles for one account?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many profiles should one acount have?

So, my friend and I got this game about four days ago now, but the only time we can play is when we have the time and when we are both playing. I don't like the idea of my gaming to be limited based on when we can both play together. I was looking through the options and I saw in Arma 2 that we could create multiple profiles under the single account we have.

And then I was thinking, "This would be sweet if I could have more than one character profile. One I use when my friend is online and one where I would just solo it."

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

The fact that you only have one profile is one of the key things to DayZ. It means your actions have consequences.

• Like 1

The fact that you only have one profile is one of the key things to DayZ. It means your actions have consequences.

Yeah... You got me there xD.. I wish I could play two different ways.. One profile is more cautious and doesn't go anywhere without friends/allies.. and the other would be a Lone Wolf and only get help when needed. Edited by Forgewolf

I agree with the others. One profile and that is it. More profiles is going to do more harm then you realize. You may have good intentions in using it but just think, not everyone wants to use it like you. There will be more consequences then I care to list. So in simple no thank you.

A good idea!

And it is easy to prevent hacking and stuff.

For example, insted of creating a variable for the CDKey only,

the team could do something like

if PlayerName = x, Player Key = 123;

{

read x_123.xyz

}

if PlayerName = y, PlayerKey = 123;

{

read y_123.xyz

}

and then if the CDKey is banned, all the profiles are banned.

excuse my codding, it sucks yeah, I've just had my 1st C# lesson :P

But you get my point...

Edited by GummyGum173

Considering if you currently want a 2nd profile you can just buy another copy of the game, I'm for it.

Speaking of having 2 accounts. I'm sure there are people who are already doing this just so they can give themselves blood transfusions.

Exactly. I've said this before, I think DayZ needs to take the Minecraft approach: one license, one account, one alias, that's it. Virtually all your problems of ghosting and loot farming would be eliminated.

Exactly. I've said this before, I think DayZ needs to take the Minecraft approach: one license, one account, one alias, that's it. Virtually all your problems of ghosting and loot farming would be eliminated.

You know.. You can loot farm by being in a area that spawns items.. collect the ones you want.. Log out.. pick a different server and then join, right? That's loot farming right there. And when I mean seperate profiles.. I mean you have one account, but you have two seperate characters.. I'm not sure how you could log in two seperate accounts on one computer without causing some serious problems in terms of stability?

You know.. You can loot farm by being in a area that spawns items.. collect the ones you want.. Log out.. pick a different server and then join, right? That's loot farming right there. And when I mean seperate profiles.. I mean you have one account, but you have two seperate characters.. I'm not sure how you could log in two seperate accounts on one computer without causing some serious problems in terms of stability?

Using multiple aliases, you could potentially set up camps in multiple places on one server, loot farm on other server, then place that loot in those camps or your own survival. You're basically a team of one in that case. I don't know if anyone does this and you'd have to be pretty psychotic to do it (and let's face it, it's been proven there are certain individuals who will stop at nothing to get the best and most items), but it's a potential exploit that should be avoided out of fairness to everyone else.

Also, like Fraggle was pointing out, your actions should have consequences. If rAGEhard656 has a reputation for being a dick, that will follow him no matter where he goes in the community. Having one name makes it easier to identify one another and most importantly build trust and a healthy gaming community.

Edited by Marshmallow

Using multiple aliases, you could potentially set up camps in multiple places on one server, loot farm on other server, then place that loot in those camps or your own survival. You're basically a team of one in that case. I don't know if anyone does this and you'd have to be pretty psychotic to do it (and let's face it, it's been proven there are certain individuals who will stop at nothing to get the best and most items), but it's a potential exploit that should be avoided out of fairness to everyone else.

Also, like Fraggle was pointing out, your actions should have consequences. If rAGEhard656 has a reputation for being a dick, that will follow him no matter where he goes in the community. Having one name makes it easier to identify one another and most importantly build trust and a healthy gaming community.

Are they going to fix name changing too? Like my first day was my actual name.. Now I roll around as G-Man.

Are they going to fix name changing too? Like my first day was my actual name.. Now I roll around as G-Man.

Good question. I don't know what the developers plan to do, but in my opinion, the name should be fixed. Like I said before, your name should be associated with your repuation so friends and foes can easily identify one another. That way, if I come across a G-Man on server US 1234, I know it's you and I know I can trust you (or kill you) and it's not someone else that happens to use the same name.