Uno

Whats wrong with this world, seriously

You can be as mad as you want to be over people killing you, but this is and has always been a staple part of DayZ. Do you really think the game would be anywhere near as exiting with no players killing other players, when meeting other players really doesn't have any risk at all?

DayZ is all about the risk, the risk of losing everything you currently own. Players are after a while the only thing that actually has any real chance of killing you, and as such I for one do not take the risk.

And yes, I have been helped with zombies then shot in the face right afterwards. In retrospect he probably just didn't want the zombies to attack him after he shot me, and as such probably thought I had the same plan, or he could have been a dick.

Oh, and comparing this to real life? Human beings are not by nature trusting people, we do not trust random strangers with power over our life if we have a choice. We trust the ones we know we can trust, and trust stops there. There are of course exceptions, but they are rather rare, and usually end up being exploited. In DayZ we have a choice, we can either let the stranger hold the power of life and death, or shoot him instead.

best luck is to team up out of game like a friend or look for a group to join here on the forums

I got shot already like 5-10 in the back with similair scenarios as yours, pathetic but i notice that these people are usually beginners who do them.

Play on a US server' date=' with your MIC working (for calling friendly), your experience will change 70%.

Seems to me that there are alot of d**ks in europe.

[/quote']

Totally agree.

And Russia...

In fact, both places have probably just about one per man.

Regarding the OP a friend of mine was saying to me every time you meet another player you both need to figure out what their intentions are, do they need something, are they wanting to band together, he said this should be done in local chat where you basically interview each other for 30 seconds to see what they want, I said well that's all fine and dandy but in the game within the first 3 seconds of seeing someone they will just throw everything out of the window and start engaging you, I guess every body has been fucked over by the bad apples too many times to risk letting them self open to the good apples in the game, thus they just fire when they see them. That's my story anyway and heck yes I've tried to help people, I even offered a some what "service" where I camped Cherno hospital just giving out transfusions and sending them on their way, it lasted a couple of hours and people was really grateful until I got shot in the head whilst healing another.

Hi im noob here.

I was playing this mod 5 times and for 8h already. The only conclusion I have reached is that the real world is fucked up.

There was a guy runing from zombies' date=' i helped him, shoot all zombies, healed him and he just shot me after that in my face.

There was a guy in fire station, swarmed with zombies, he was trying to shoot back, i ran in started shooting zombies, he saw me doing this, when i was healing my self he shot me...

I met a hungry dude, he was hungry, i gave him my last tincan, the he shot me in the back.

There was a dude he had lost his gun, i gave him my secondary, that second he shot me.

I was in wood, met guy with bad blood lost, i gave gim blood refill, he shot me after 2 min.

Is it me, or this world is going no where... I was dreaming about people helping eatch other, clearing zombies, fighting to survie together, all i get is shots to my face.

Dont want to bitch about this too much, but i think my post will make some guys thing before they shoot other or stab them in the back.

Dont want to play this mod anymore... real life looks better :D

[/quote']

I feel your pain

It has become a free for all sort of game. The people that have exploited the fuck out of this game are those that an run squads of 3 to 10 people or clans.

In general you start off near a city grab some goods and head out.

However the problem is that all the places known for loot are camped or have a high risk of players meeting you there at some point. You have to eventually gather your initial equipment to survive, you have to go to those places.

When I joined the average life expectancy was 4 days 23 hours. Now look at it 29 minutes? How sad is that. It's nice to see alot of people finding the game however many have twisted it and basically fucked it all up, hackers, bad admins, you name it.

It's not as much fun as it used to be.

As for any real world comparisons, well you can expect this with no law this is what you get. No bandit skins no way to tell who is good or bad and no communication. Anything in real life you could use to detect a person being less than truthful is not present in this game.

Real life would carry real consequences ...

I am inclined to believe that a good 75% or possibly even more would actually be very willing to help and band together. It would be large groups of people segregating themselves from the world and becoming self sufficient. Which would probably lead to wars between factions and the cycle would repeat itself.

In real life you have much more to gain from not killing people indiscriminately...

In real life you are bound to run into someone who is probably a little more capable than you are at taking a life eventually... Which would mean that natural selection would kick in and those that were actually disciplined and trained would be at the top of the food chain.

Gamers do not have to consider those options. There is nothing to gain from banding up with strangers to preserve humanity because humanity is not being threatened ... it's a fucking game... When in a real situation when an idiot meets his better ... that idiot is removed from the equation permanently. In this game, you just respawn and have your buddies give you all your shit back ... There is a difference between a trained , disciplined killer and a simple fucking murderer...

So at the end of Dayz we will resort to cities run by Neanderthal gangs, who eventually fight each other until there is only one gang, and this one gang will want more so they will travel to other places and fight them..sound familiar. maybe they should change the name to SIMS (Dayz). I think this is a true mirror of society, kill or be killed isn't this what Darwin discoverd. Even though we know there is a common enemy out there we fight each other, no one has decided to rally together and just take on the zombies one town at a time..I wonder what would happen if one server turned off Zombie respawn and if you got killed in any way you could not log back on and see at the end if the zombies win..Or if there is one person left on a tower by themselves king of the world, as lonely as it may be..

my 2 cents

If there was only one person left as king of the tower, then the zombies have already won...

I love that the fact people think everyone who kills other plays are "COD Kids" its hilarious! Most "COD Kids" are on consoles anyway. but i'll leave that at that

I was friendly when i first started playing this game but i just got fucked over 90% of the time so my new rules are:

1) If i see someone but they are going in the opposite direction i will leave them be

2)If i see someone coming in my direction i will take them out

3) If i see someone who has already said friendly in the chat before i shot them, i will say friendly back but not team up with them because i don't trust them.

4) If someone manages to sneak up behind and doesn't kill me i will deem them trustworthy and might team up with them

Yea I've found 100% of the time I get shot by people.

I completely avoid them, hunt animals up north and occaisionally drop by the NW airfield for a chance at NVGs. If even just one person is online with me I won't go near the airfield.

Hunting animals sustains my food and the dams give me water. I sometimes go into town to kill some zombies, but overall the games PvP element over things so simple as gear doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm hoping that a PvE element is brought into the game eventually so that people have a reason/are forced to begin trusting each other so that we have strength in numbers. eg: mass zombie hordes chasing people. Less loot spawns around forcing us to gather what we can from zombies themselves (which would be our own dead corpses with loot most of the time) etc etc.

Perhaps its because I've not played Arma, but I don't enjoy being shot from who knows where. It's a bloody great game, but the emphasis is on PvP to obtain gear, why do we need that gear? To prevent further attacks from other players, not zombies. And this game is called DayZ after all. More emphasis and actions against zombies!

Yea I've found 100% of the time I get shot by people.

I completely avoid them' date=' hunt animals up north and occaisionally drop by the NW airfield for a chance at NVGs. If even just one person is online with me I won't go near the airfield.

Hunting animals sustains my food and the dams give me water. I sometimes go into town to kill some zombies, but overall the games PvP element over things so simple as gear doesn't make much sense to me.

[/quote']

I think most people just spawned and don't feel they have no thing to lose, these are being bandit most time and pop some shots to another one, like us:angel:

I really like to play with others, but DayZ is still a game, most people won't feel bad to rob or kill others, and to avoid that, many people shoot others on sight even they said friendly:-/

We should remove the pvp so people dont have to think anymore ,they'll kill IA zombies far worse than left4dead zeds, and they'll be happy in their beautifull world ...

No, they'll ask to remove zeds too ^^...

pvp is amazing , you constantly brainstorm about where should you be, why you died, how to ambush, how to react : example they are 3, im alone, but i saw them first, do i have to engage them ?

so yes, people have to play with friends, or find groups on forum, or be EXTREMLY lucky to survive an encounter and team up with unknown people ingame. But thats better like that. More hardcore. Understand the concept

you can't teleport /squadgroup with your friends. You have to love the fact than it is a pain in the ass to find them, and what you do to go there is survive.

If you die from an encounter ,ask yourself thoses things :

why this guy is behind me ? 1: he's lucky and just logged IN 2: its all my fault

why i got killed ? 1: i trusted him, he shot me 2: im naive 3: i admit i'll never be able to know if the guy wanna kill me or group or simply go his lonewolf way .

And so ,your options :

-play with known friends /gamefriends

-find trustfulls or famous group on internet / steam / communities and shit

-try the ingame approach : take risk, but do it smart (there is ways to "secure" your encounter as much as possible ,ofc since YOU will have the friendly fire ON you'll never be completly safe ,one makarov bullet can still get you).

- you are a real lonewolf and do not need to group except in rare situations maybe.

If you cannot find a way to enjoy the game without being completly safe, sorry but this is not the game you are looking for. Cause you'll prolly never see the friendlyfire OFF

If you cannot find a way to enjoy the game without being completly safe' date=' sorry but this is not the game you are looking for. Cause you'll prolly never see the friendlyfire OFF

[/quote']

Well, indeed PVP is a big part of the game, but if people being to easy to play that way and prefer that way, the game still not going to the realistic way, so far I met around 20 guy and only 'one' person didn't shoot me, I think bandit way is a bit too easy and risk too less things in this game.

No one want to see a dude that just spawned 30 second rush towards you and killed you, there must be better way to make things right xD

I love that the fact people think everyone who kills other plays are "COD Kids" its hilarious! Most "COD Kids" are on consoles anyway. but i'll leave that at that

I was friendly when i first started playing this game but i just got fucked over 90% of the time so my new rules are:

1) If i see someone but they are going in the opposite direction i will leave them be

2)If i see someone coming in my direction i will take them out

3) If i see someone who has already said friendly in the chat before i shot them' date=' i will say friendly back but not team up with them because i don't trust them.

4) If someone manages to sneak up behind and doesn't kill me i will deem them trustworthy and might team up with them

[/quote']

Good rules

OP try to look at it from the other guy's view: "Oh no a zombie hit me and another one, gotta stay alive. Kill zombies faster dammit! OMG someone else is shooting in my direction. Panic! Finally all zombies down. Oh my health is down to 6000 I'll never get out of here like that. Oh no another survivor. WTF he is pointing his gun at me, must be the guy that tried to shoot me but only hit the zombies. Ah well more beans for me." * Kills guy approching him *

This game makes some people extremely paranoid, you probably approached him when he was all in panic and the best thing to do for his survival was to shoot you.

Uno' date=' the game used to be just like you imagined. In the early days when people didn't really know about this there were whole bands of survivors who teamed up and people actually did help each other.

What I say now will be steeped in resentment for the new clique of players, but since it got loads of publicity the game has become the roaming ground for 9 year old CoD players for whom this isn't a zombie survival game. It's a PvP game with zombies.

Now before anyone flies off the handle, I'm not saying that PvP shouldn't be in the game. It should, and I'd complain a lot more if it wasn't. But there needs to be some way to stop said 9 year olds from killing everyone without making everyone resort to a shoot anything that moves attitude.

[/quote']

Its an easy fix... make the game alot harder to the point where you NEED friends.

1. remove all sniper weapons and make assault rifles and ammo very scarce... M107's are just ridiculous. (even though Im in a ghillie, M4A1 silenced, a G17 and have an SVD in my backpack with every item in the game)

2. Make certain types of zombies like military zeds faster, hit harder and harder to kill.

3. introduce more items than can be carried by one person... so if you want a complete set of goodies there will need to be more than one of you ie. make more tool items (the ones that sit below pistol ammo) than one person can carry and make each one rather valuable and required to make survival easier.

4. Random event of say zombie hordes so if you're alone and happen to get caught in the middle of it survival is very unlikely.

4a. Random event of say supply drops, alot more tahn one man can carry... making in preferable to have friends to help)

5. Make it dark (which I think has already happened... lol no more gamma goggles) so everyone is shit scared.

6. Wipe the Hive and reset all characters... now before I get out my jar (new in game loot item) to collect your tears.... remember its an alpha and this shit needs to be tested and to many ppl have millions of dup'd items.

The game needs to be geared so it is MUCH more desirable to make friends and help each other instead of making lame arsed penalties for murder etc.

Cant remember what patch it was but at one stage there where so many zombies that shooting just to kill someone (in towns anyway) was sure to get you killed by the mass of zeds, so for a short time ppl where actually much more likely to help each other.

humanity is a concept that works in an organized civilization, which does not exist in dayz.

rule of thumb: shoot or be shot.

I am very thankfull for your posts. Very interesting to read it as im noob here.

Today i met real HUMAN. We had a little trade - he had a shotgun, but still he didnt shot me. I had only one clip. I gave him some slugs i picked before, he game me some food. We had a great chat and we moved to dif dir.

There is no need to remove PVP or Z'ds. There could be more tradable relicts and bar/safe zone/market to trade these. There you would see bandits comening there, bounty hunters and survivors. Place where civilization happens. There is no chance for civilization to survive if there is no cumunity...

I was not bitching about some one shooting me. Some of You guys dindt get me right. I was talking about random shooting... Nor RPG, not LARP, no clear reason. Just - shot and run away.

Today i play alone. Listened to your advices. It gets realy boring... we nead to feal THE REASONABLE DANGER and REASONABLE SUPPORT OR SAFETY in comunity gatherings.

Thank you for your time mates.

Hi im noob here.

I was playing this mod 5 times and for 8h already. The only conclusion I have reached is that the real world is fucked up.

There was a guy runing from zombies' date=' i helped him, shoot all zombies, healed him and he just shot me after that in my face.

There was a guy in fire station, swarmed with zombies, he was trying to shoot back, i ran in started shooting zombies, he saw me doing this, when i was healing my self he shot me...

I met a hungry dude, he was hungry, i gave him my last tincan, the he shot me in the back.

There was a dude he had lost his gun, i gave him my secondary, that second he shot me.

I was in wood, met guy with bad blood lost, i gave gim blood refill, he shot me after 2 min.

Is it me, or this world is going no where... I was dreaming about people helping eatch other, clearing zombies, fighting to survie together, all i get is shots to my face.

Dont want to bitch about this too much, but i think my post will make some guys thing before they shoot other or stab them in the back.

Dont want to play this mod anymore... real life looks better :D

[/quote']

They're little boys who think they're playing CoD. I used to meet people who would help me out, or at least travel with me for a while. Now, everyone I ever see shoot me on sight, no matter where I am on the map.

From being a tense, nerve wracking game of cooperation and trust, punctuated by the occasional encounter with a bandit or two, it's turned into a braindead deathmatch. And it's a damn shame - Rocket really had something going, but the way it looks now, it's not working.

Maybe they thought your help was a ruse to get them to trust you and that you were going to backstab them.