Uno

Whats wrong with this world, seriously

humanity is a concept that works in an organized civilization' date=' which does not exist in dayz.

rule of thumb: shoot or be shot.

[/quote']

That is bullshit, and the saddest, weakest crutch of the brainless deathmatcher.

Only one of these guys came to me and tryed to loot... others just ran away. WTF, you dont get points for killing survivors, you just end someones exp in this mod.
Sigh...this happens to me ALL the time. I got shot in the back when checking my gear once and the dude just walked right over me and kept on going. What was the point of that!?

No meaningful consequences = PvP deathmatch/shoot on sight.

In reality, humans are highly social creatures, benefiting psychologically and physically from the company and cooperation of others.

In DayZ... Well, here's a quick impression for you...

When you start out you start helping people that will soon turn against you. It happened to me so much I figured, "Hey, I should just kill everyone in my way, just to be safe"

DayZ is just a giant deathmatch now, but that is something we just have to deal with. :(

it's sad really, especially being that at first it was like this. Everyone had a common enemy (the zed) now it's every man for himself.

Take a look at one of the early test of the mod here. This is awesome!

I've only met one person that didn't shoot at me, and I think it was because he was terrified to die. He looked at me, I lowered my gun, and he just sprinted away.

yup people get off on betrayal and bandits are the first to say they are your friend. I have helped many a player by not shooting them in the back when i see them and they never even know it. I also dont run out to shake their hands either. I learned this the hard way. Trust is the most valuable thing you can find and if you do find it keep it. Dont change because everyone else is an ass hole. It is much harder to help people than it is to shoot them. Just be careful about it to the point where you are almost seemingly selfish even when you are not. You can chill with me and my band of peeps if you like, trust has to be earned.

I also think everyone need the beta patch installed as one of the many things it fixes the ingame direct com voip.

I now only play on beta servers and next time I run into someone I will try to direct voip instead. Hopefully that will make it a little more personal and people won't be so quick to shoot on sight. I'll let you know how it goes tonight.

Uno... the true asshats are those who over the last oh' date=' 20 years or so, have been hard at work pushing the lie that is PC. You are their victim. In real life, Barney would devour you. My Little Pony would kick you in the face. The Carebears would be at war with the Bloods (and probably win on intelligence alone). Lets face it Uno, in a post apocalyptic world Paul Watson would have whale blubber every night for a snack.

[/quote']

I :heart: this post in a non ghey sort of way.

Do you guys think AMC show, "The Walking Dead" is realistic? why would 96% of them cooperate? Wouldn't they all by killing eachother?

No, real life would be just like the Walking Dead. Nearly everyone banding together, not killing eachother for loot. There is some substance to the CoD players theory.

Hi im noob here.

I was playing this mod 5 times and for 8h already. The only conclusion I have reached is that the real world is fucked up.

There was a guy runing from zombies' date=' i helped him, shoot all zombies, healed him and he just shot me after that in my face.

There was a guy in fire station, swarmed with zombies, he was trying to shoot back, i ran in started shooting zombies, he saw me doing this, when i was healing my self he shot me...

I met a hungry dude, he was hungry, i gave him my last tincan, the he shot me in the back.

There was a dude he had lost his gun, i gave him my secondary, that second he shot me.

I was in wood, met guy with bad blood lost, i gave gim blood refill, he shot me after 2 min.

Is it me, or this world is going no where... I was dreaming about people helping eatch other, clearing zombies, fighting to survie together, all i get is shots to my face.

Dont want to bitch about this too much, but i think my post will make some guys thing before they shoot other or stab them in the back.

Dont want to play this mod anymore... real life looks better :D

[/quote']

all I can say is... keep doing what you are doing. sure, you might die some more, but you WILL find others like yourself. and you will make strong bonds with those people.

'be the change you want to see in the world' if you hate people who KoS.. yet Kos yourself... its redundant. give people the benefit of the doubt.

The main issues are:

-It is so easy to kill and so easy to die:

If you see a guy you'll probably think one of these three things depending on your playstyle:

1"one or two headshots and his stuff is all mine."

2"If I dont shoot him while I have the advantage he me the instant my back is turned"

3"maybe we can team up"

Almost all of the time at least one of the players is considering attacking the other, either just simply to kill, or to kill to prevent being killed.

The chances of both players thinking the third option are minimal, which is reason to justify always choosing the second option whenever you encounter someone, resulting in a permanent cycle of murder, and making impromptu alliances pretty much not an option.

I listed this as an issue, however dont misinterpret what Im saying - I do not want bigger health bars or lower damage weapons. I love how easy it is to die and kill. I was simply saying this may contribute to the issue at hand.

-Zombies are too little of a direct threat:

The fact that you can fire a Lee Enfield in the middle of Cherno to take down an enemy and still relatively easily escape or kill the horde that follows

BBrCt.jpg

pretty much signals to me that zombies are not enough of a factor as they currently are. In my opinion zombies should be considered something to fear, just like bandits. But right now theyre just a slight nuisance. I did note the 1.7.1 changes and hopefully this will change something, but right now there is absolutely no reason to team up with other players in order to PvE. However, going back to my first point, even if you did have to team up in order to PvE, there's nothing to stop your teammate from shooting you dead the moment you drop your guard.

-There is no incentive not to kill everyone you see

The fact that everyone shows up as a survivor to each other and there's no punishment or incentive not to murder, this means that pretty much everyone is going to murder without any self restraint. Humanity could use some sort of purpose to make putting yourself at risk in order to help other players be potentially worthwhile in some way other than giving the player a greater sense of integrity.

All I can suggest is teaming up with someone you trust before you start the game. Either play with a current community, or seize upon any potential friendship with anyone you meet ingame who doesnt shoot you in your face.

I've been killed by people camping high loot areas. Been killed by people randomly running around. Even had someone try to axe me in the back while I was looting. Only once have I shot first and asked questions later. Luckily I had a markov so giving him a bandage fixed that mistake. I had been killed by a bandit and I wanted my revenge since I spawned close to where it happened. That guy was gone and almost smoked an innocent player lol. Anyway he was unarmed so I gave him my gun. Off I went expecting to get shot in the back. Nope he thanked me, said he understood, and we went our seperate ways.

Good people are out there. There are only a couple reasons I will shoot someone instantly. If I see you before you see me in a window, roof, or tower and you have a scoped rifle or sniper. Your dead. I have no reason not to assume you are there to simply snipe people for fun. If I hear someone in the same building I will say something over voip and direct chat, if you dont reply I have no reason to trust you and I will hunt you down to protect myself. And lastly if you shoot at me or try to axe me even by mistake. It may have been a mistake, I accidently did it. But you die easy enough if I get the chance to fire back I'm going to. I dont have time to let you tell me it was a mistake.

It's very hard to trust anyone with a gun, but these guys just seem to be assholes. It's a kill or be killed world in their eyes. I started playing with a group a friends at first. You're better off doing that until you can hold your own.

There are a lot of pathetic people playing this game.

- So far I have been shot on sight without being hostile, when running on a field.

- Shot before I even had the chance to type.

- Shot with nothing in my hands, just respawned

- Zombie trained by some other player who made me get aggro

It is extremely hard to find a good group to play with. Must people just look out for themselves and insta kill any players they see. Even if you have NO WEAPON.

These people are just pathetic.

This has caused me to do the same, I will shoot on sight to survive. I hope you like the game now.

I try helping people too, but it's gotten to the point that I have trouble trusting anybody I see, it seems to me, like what gameplay is right now, it's kill or be killed.

Thats why we group. In the early days when everyone was scared you didnt see this as much. Now though, peoples balls are getting a little bigger. sico.guildlaunch.com Apply if ya want to group or grope.or whatever.

I got shot up quite a few times. But killed my first guy last night, in Elektro, in the backyard of some house on the other side of the supermarket.

I saw him sneaking around the office, I decided to leave him alone, and then moved 3 meters to the south, keeping an eye on the street, just to see him sneaking into the backyard where I was from a little arch passway with his sidearm out. I shot him 15 times with my AKM, full auto. I felt bad, as I killed him, I said "I'm sorry dude" in voice. After losing the zombies, I looted his body and got myself an ALICE pack and some other junk. I regretted it for a few times, but I could also see myself get gunned down by the guy if I had hesitated one second, like what happened to me so many times. I didn't feel like losing my new-found AKM with it's 3-4 mags.

But damn, did I become nervous, I prone-sneaked all the way out of Elektro, freaking out when I heard a gun fire, a soda can open and seeing a guy 150 meters away. I was sure I was going to get shot by the guy I killed.

I was dreaming about people helping eatch other' date=' clearing zombies, fighting to survie together, all i get is shots to my face.

[/quote']

You obviously belong back in L4D2 or DeadIsland. This game has an element which breaks up the monotony of ' hanging with my homies and blasting Zombies without a single care in the world' that ALL of the other Zombie games offer.

Bye!

It sounds like you've just had bad experiences OP, there are nice and friendly people out there, you've just got to find them. I find that speaking over direct chat helps quite a bit in building relations with other survivors but always be on the look out for suspicious behavior, if you do decide to team up with someone, make sure he has good intentions. If he is trying to lead you somewhere in Cherno or Elektro, be careful as it may be a trap, try to get him to run in front of you, so if he does decide to try and shoot you, at least you'll have a chance.

I have to admit i often kill other players for their loot, but i dont kill them when i talked to them already or chatted.

And mostly im the guy who shoots first, but today in Elektro on different servers....

I got shoot after helping ppl

I got shoot even though i didnt even have a backpack and just a flashlight in my hands.

I got butchered several times for no reason.

Most depressing was when i healed a guy up and helped him find some stuff and then he suddenly decides to test his Hatchet on me, even after weve talked about direct voice over 10 mins....

I mean seriously when i see a fully equipped player i try to kill him when i need stuff. but ppl that are obviously just spawned or have so shitty gear and act friendly? Why shoot them?

I was on around 20 servers today and on most of em ppl were sniping elektro from that hill next to power plant with high end weapons like m107 which shoots through obstackles.

Obviously these ppl are bored and are scared to loose stuff otherwise they wouldnt snipe starter areas where they cant be harmed

Hi im noob here.

I was playing this mod 5 times and for 8h already. The only conclusion I have reached is that the real world is fucked up.

There was a guy runing from zombies' date=' i helped him, shoot all zombies, healed him and he just shot me after that in my face.

There was a guy in fire station, swarmed with zombies, he was trying to shoot back, i ran in started shooting zombies, he saw me doing this, when i was healing my self he shot me...

I met a hungry dude, he was hungry, i gave him my last tincan, the he shot me in the back.

There was a dude he had lost his gun, i gave him my secondary, that second he shot me.

I was in wood, met guy with bad blood lost, i gave gim blood refill, he shot me after 2 min.

Is it me, or this world is going no where... I was dreaming about people helping eatch other, clearing zombies, fighting to survie together, all i get is shots to my face.

Dont want to bitch about this too much, but i think my post will make some guys thing before they shoot other or stab them in the back.

Dont want to play this mod anymore... real life looks better :D

[/quote']

That's exactly what stops me from playing more.

If you stay south, it's easy to find equipment but you know you can die any second.

If you go north, you start to waste much time and patience to get better equipment and stay alive, but still you can die anytime.

I would love any kind of feature that could make people think twice before shooting on sight for fun, without even looting the victim (Like when you die, the lower your humanity, the longer you'll need to wait to respawn).