Sign in to follow this  
Noobishtactic

attrition, to fight the loot inflation

I think this game needs something like attrition (i hope this is the right word for that), to get rid of the following problem:

There are currently 1.180.675 players on ~4.500 server's. Each server restards twice on average. On the map are 401 "normal" military loot spawns and 24 loot spawns in the 2 barracks. There are 160 chances to get a military weapon, overall. The chance to find there a m24 or a m4a3coo is 0,19% (0,92% barracks). Looks okay so far, but:

3.550 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 1 day

24.840 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 7 day's

106.485 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 30 day's

1.295.572 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 365 day's

there are more m24's and m4a3cco's than players after one year. If the number of players/servers is constant, no weapon gets lost and all of them are looted. I know that there are these if's. But this is just an example to showcase the overall problem.

The problem could be solved if a weapon loses x% of its healt with every shoot or if you could only loot x% from a dead player.

• Like 1

player and server count is constant?

bullshit.

and that kind of state of weapon thing and durability loss has been suggested a thousand times already...

I'm fairly certain you can find M24s in deer stands too. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Loot doesnt spawn only at restart, it has a chance to clear and respawn for each new character coming to loot location. If it is cleared ie loot taken then it respawns at next trigger or after set time if player that triggered is still at location.

So your numbers are way to small....

Attrition or degradation would have to occur at to fast a rate to even come close to having any effect on the loot economy.

Hacks are hacks, hackers get killed everyday, they spawn more, looted off hackers bodies or AIs(yes they can spawn in bots now). There is no real solution to the problem except to get rid of the hacking which battle eye does terribly at. Majority of the people who have the guns arent killed by zombies but rather people which than loot them and the gun continues in circulation, some will be lost after so long from restarts/ not enough room or want for that weapon.

The idea to put a usage amount where a weapon can get damaged or destroyed after use, like minecraft, might be present in Dayz standalone because of makeshift melees but it wouldnt fix the problem, they would just spawn more in or dup them, i assure you over half of the end game gear in circulation in dayz is spawned in. Looting a percentage of a person youve killed doesnt make any sense, and still wouldnt fix the problem.

Also please edit your post before flamers pick apart your spelling errors/dots instead of commas in numerical values.

Peace out!

Edited by {420}Mr.Smiley

Pointless at this stage of the game, there are a 1000+ more pressing issues.

Weapons are useless without ammo.

There is already loss built into the game because you are rather limited in what you can carry, vehicles are massive targets and get destroyed (so their cargo is destroyed), and you can hide bodies.

I'm not saying the hacking isn't rampant, but you don't need to be a hacker to create an unlimited supplies of gear with the tent & hive issues.

So there is no good reason to hack in gear that is part of the game. You just need 1 of them and some patience.

Since "everyone" puts camps in similar locations, you can just keep stealing from each other and the loot spirals out of control.

A solution to this problem "right now" would be frequent hive wipes until tent-duping can be fixed or remove tents from the game.

Since this is Alpha and not a supported game that we pay for, they should not do any extra work that deviates them in the slightest from reaching Beta then Gold.

Edited by Quazil

Have the hive detect hacked weapons and kill all characters carrying them.

Turn deer stands down a tier.

Prevent loot farming.

Fix or remove tents.

Delete tent/vehicles out of bounds.

Wipe hive.

I think this game needs something like attrition (i hope this is the right word for that), to get rid of the following problem:

There are currently 1.180.675 players on ~4.500 server's. Each server restards twice on average. On the map are 401 "normal" military loot spawns and 24 loot spawns in the 2 barracks. There are 160 chances to get a military weapon, overall. The chance to find there a m24 or a m4a3coo is 0,19% (0,92% barracks). Looks okay so far, but:

3.550 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 1 day

24.840 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 7 day's

106.485 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 30 day's

1.295.572 m24's/m4a3coo's are created in 365 day's

there are more m24's and m4a3cco's than players after one year. If the number of players/servers is constant, no weapon gets lost and all of them are looted. I know that there are these if's. But this is just an example to showcase the overall problem.

The problem could be solved if a weapon loses x% of its healt with every shoot or if you could only loot x% from a dead player.

the solution you provided is weapon decay which is generally poorly received in gaming communities. I could care less about looting other players I need nothing they have.

the only problem with the aspect of the game youre talking about is server hopping for loot. Deer stands arent the problem either. Time will fix this problem with the addition of fixing tents and server hopping. Just got to wait this one out.

So if the thread is in fact about weapon decay, I would say no to that but a good suggesstion.

the solution you provided is weapon decay which is generally poorly received in gaming communities. I could care less about looting other players I need nothing they have.

the only problem with the aspect of the game youre talking about is server hopping for loot. Deer stands arent the problem either. Time will fix this problem with the addition of fixing tents and server hopping. Just got to wait this one out.

So if the thread is in fact about weapon decay, I would say no to that but a good suggesstion.

OP is talking about inflation, your correct that he sees weapon decay as the solution. Addressing hacking and duplication will slow inflation, but in the end as OP states even when not considering these factors inflation will occur and over time even items with very low spawn chance will become very common. Sinks like decay or random removal can't address inflation and remain authentic IMO.