TROOPERscrat

supermarkets

quick question about supermarkets 1 out of 3 supermarkets have no loot spawned ??????

for the last week when going in to the many supermarkets no spawned loot, should I be worried ?

not even a empty bean can ?

thanks

Some servers can get bugged like that, needs an restart or change server. If you spawn inside loot area the loot wont spawn..

• Like 1

There's many possible reasons for this. I'll list some of the ones that I can think of immediately, this is in no way an inclusive list, and is based on observances only.

• If you bolted for the building (sprinting, via double-tapping 'W') sometimes, if you're coming from far enough away, the loot doesn't spawn because it hasn't had enough time.
  • Similarly to the above, if you are in a vehicle, you will have to park outside, get out of the car, and wait around a couple minutes before loot begins to spawn.
  • If you log into a server inside of a building (or server hopping), a lot of times there won't be loot there if there was no loaded loot prior to your logging in (meaning there's nobody around!). Run outside, wait 5-10 mins and return.
  • It's possible (Although I severely doubt it as often as you're saying) that they have been completely emptied by another person attempting to force loot respawn. This is because loot will only respawn in a specific location if the entire pile is emptied (includes tin cans!).
  • The data transfer could be lagging behind rather severely. I was playing on a private hive yesterday, and it took 10 minutes for zombies to spawn around my group at the NWAF. Another 15 for loot!
  • Sometimes loot spawns "underground" and is not visible on the screen, even though it IS there. Common places this happens are Apartments and those military buildings where the Carport spawns loot. So be sure to check carefully!
  • No building in the game has a 100% loot drop chance as far as I know, so, technically, you could just be an extremely unlucky son of a bitch.
  • Glitch. This is an alpha test after all.

All of these reasons, and possibly more I haven't thought of could explain the lack of loot in the grocery stores. If you're server hopping, that would explain the lack of items. You should stop that, anyway, if you are indeed doing it. Takes the same amount of time to just remove the loot, pile it up and wait for respawn.

• Like 3

I do not server hop I normally stay on one server for the duration of a session so next time if it happens I should go outside and wait 10 mins then go back to see if loot has spawned . . . . always thought if zombies spawned loot would spawn to ???

thanks for your help was really weird yesterday went into polana and no loot so then went to berezeno because there is two supermarkets first no loot but the second had loads should have been patient .......... just dont like hanging around !

Normally if I've driven somewhere and loot hasn't spawned, running to another building and then coming back works fine.

Well, what I like to do in cherno at least is do a little circuit. Supermarket to the church to the fire station to the supermarket, etc. That's a good way to spend 10 minutes, instead of just standing around in the open, which would be akin to standing with a target on your back and LEDs on your vest screaming on a megaphone "SOMEONE SHOOT ME!"

those are all correct answers but i bet on the restart needed...no one went there for a long time more than someone took all the stuff

If I'm a fresh spawn and none of the usual places seem to have any of the loots (or at least loots I want) at the supermarket, I'll gather all the excess loot (Makarovs, bandages, tools, etc) into a neat orderly pile in the foyer / main entrance of the market, and dump all the empty cans and bottles on the stoop out back, before running across the street and rolling around in the grass behind one of the houses waiting for respawns

Keeps everything clear for new loot, makes a nice and neat pile for people to go 'Oh, hey, that's what I was looking for' and gets them in and out faster so I can get the loot that -I- want, and it makes me smell like fresh grass. On account of the rolling.

Zombies need greens in their diet too, you know?

• Like 1

If I'm a fresh spawn and none of the usual places seem to have any of the loots (or at least loots I want) at the supermarket, I'll gather all the excess loot (Makarovs, bandages, tools, etc) into a neat orderly pile in the foyer / main entrance of the market, and dump all the empty cans and bottles on the stoop out back, before running across the street and rolling around in the grass behind one of the houses waiting for respawns

Keeps everything clear for new loot, makes a nice and neat pile for people to go 'Oh, hey, that's what I was looking for' and gets them in and out faster so I can get the loot that -I- want, and it makes me smell like fresh grass. On account of the rolling.

Zombies need greens in their diet too, you know?

What if they're allergic to grass though? You may have just thought of a zombie repellent!

thanks all played last night went into the supermarket in polana and it was empty so hanged around outside for 10 mins and went back with lots of good loot inside ..............

thanks again

Loot not existing in a building is NOT a bug or indicative of a server restarting being necessary. In fact, a server restart is what *caused* the empty building and would simply guarantee all buildings server-wide were empty of loot. Server restarts erase all loot from the world, hence how it got that way in the first place.

Zombies spawn instantaneously upon a player being within distance of a town/zombie spawn location. They are not tied in anyway to loot piles. Their presence or spawning does not cause loot piles to spawn.

As has been said, you must remain AWAY from loot pile spawn locations for them to spawn. A bit over 50 meters seems to be far enough, but no more than about 300 meters. That's the range in which loot will spawn. Spawning of loot piles can take seconds or several minutes (up to 10+ min). This is why buildings remain empty for hours after restart if no player ever gets within 300 meters of the loot pile spawn points.

Barreling into town that no one has been in since the last restart almost guarantees you won't find loot in the first one or two buildings you enter as a result.

You can even "farm" loot piles by picking up everything form a pile and moving it to different location and making a "fresh" loot pile. Then, move 50m+ away and wait for respawns.

Note that most buildings have more spawn points for loot than the maximum permitted loot piles allowed to be up at any given time. Therefore it's unlikely you'll be able to farm a particular loot pile spawn point effectively. It works best to clear entire buildings/rooms of loot piles/garbage and then letting it all respawn back naturally.