Sign in to follow this  
TheDude8D

I am a exploiter.

I exploit the glitches. I dupe my weapons, eat 1 piece of meat a billion times to regain blood. Why? Because it's in the game. Everyone looks down on dupers or something. They think they are not skilled enough to do it legit. Well I say we are smarter than you because we actually use what is in the game. If the moderator team (which is a very awesome and dedicated group of people) decide not to take it out. Have you ever thought there was a reason? Oh. I almost forgot. Most of us dupers dupe to protect against hacking. I dupe tents full of rare weapons I find. Why? Because in the past 3 weeks I haven't died legitly once. But I've had around 40 deaths. I'm not saying its a daily thing. And the mods are doing a great job of banning the hackers but it's just a pain knowing that however hard you try, you will never ever survive and thrive. Now I have never hacked nor will I ever. I would never cheat the game like that.

But next time you are with your group of friends and you find a tent with 10 AS50's and other tents excatly like that scattered around, don't laugh and run them all over and feel like you bested a cheater. Just take what you need and think, "Man, this guy is smart."

Please no flaming or trolling.

(But I know y'all will anyways (: )

P.S. If your still reading, then why don't you post your craziest, funniest, most depressing hacker story ever?

Hello there

most depressing hacker story ever?

I've just read it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Someone wont be joining my server. As for surviving, i'm on day 43. Not sure what your doing wrong.

• Like 1

O.P. snip

Duping is a very primitive form of hacking. Taking advantage of a weakness in the game's engine to insert content that shouldn't be there (i.e. extra copies of gear) is, by definition, hacking.

You are simply a beginner hacker and will hopefully be banned soon.

Edited by Angel_
  • Like 2

I exploit the glitches. I dupe my weapons, eat 1 piece of meat a billion times to regain blood. Why? Because it's in the game. Everyone looks down on dupers or something. They think they are not skilled enough to do it legit. Well I say we are smarter than you because we actually use what is in the game. If the moderator team (which is a very awesome and dedicated group of people) decide not to take it out. Have you ever thought there was a reason? Oh. I almost forgot. Most of us dupers dupe to protect against hacking. I dupe tents full of rare weapons I find. Why? Because in the past 3 weeks I haven't died legitly once. But I've had around 40 deaths. I'm not saying its a daily thing. And the mods are doing a great job of banning the hackers but it's just a pain knowing that however hard you try, you will never ever survive and thrive. Now I have never hacked nor will I ever. I would never cheat the game like that.

But next time you are with your group of friends and you find a tent with 10 AS50's and other tents excatly like that scattered around, don't laugh and run them all over and feel like you bested a cheater. Just take what you need and think, "Man, this guy is smart."

P.S. If your still reading, then why don't you post your craziest, funniest, most depressing hacker story ever?

I have an article here you should read.

http://nzungseraphine.hubpages.com/hub/Overcoming---Excuses

• Like 2

Since you duped your topic i'll dupe my response

You do know that most of the dupes you do get logged?

This:

Duping is a very primitive form of hacking. Taking advantage of a weakness in the game's engine to insert content that shouldn't be there (i.e. extra copies of gear) is, by definition, hacking.

You are simply a beginner hacker and will hopefully be banned soon.

And this:

N1TD0.gif

• Like 1

Let's say you are at school, in the middle of a test. You have a hidden note with all the answers, you might look at it and get all the answers, or you might wanna try to answer the test yourself.

What a smart person would do, in your opinion?

I would say that exploiting is FAR from being smart, for obvious reasons, the game will go standalone at some point and they WILL FIX those glitches.

A guy that "eats a million pieces of meat" and dupes ammo won't have a nice time finding the supplies needed to survive since he only got his stuff by cheating in his whole gaming experience.

Well, do what you have to do, but don't come crying about how hard it is to get guns, ammo and supplies when they fix those bugs.

You can always grow some balls and grow up and try to play the game as it was made to be played, and come report the bugs and glitches as you find them, instead of just taking advantage of them to ruin other people's experiences.

Your call, buddy! Cheers.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 2

I don't think duping is smart, I think it's lazy. On the other hand, I'm not gonna get my panties all in a wad over some people exploiting the current game mechanics either.

The alpha is so broken at the moment that the game itself is duping items, in some cases even without user input. Until the devs have been able to lock down their mechanics, those systems can and will be exploited. At the end of the day, it's an ethical decision. Some will choose to dupe, and others will not, yet both sides of the coin are forced to live with each other until the devs themselves make the necessary changes.

It's not an argument which can be won for either side, the best you can hope for here is to do what you do, in what ever way you see fit to do it, and wait to see in what ways the devs will change the game to suit their desired outcome.

Arguing this issue is pointless, it's simply a waiting game.

I see exploiting glitches to gain an advantage as an equivalent to hacking...

All else I can say is my advice I always give to cheaters/hackers/exploiters/glitchers - Do the world a favor and hang yourself.

I see exploiting glitches to gain an advantage as an equivalent to hacking...

All else I can say is my advice I always give to cheaters/hackers/exploiters/glitchers - Do the world a favor and hang yourself.

A bit harsh don't you think?

I'd just tell em to stop exploiting.

Rgds

LoK

I think the OP has a point. Have I duped? Yes, Do I do it regularly? Maybe. What is the crime in duping a legit item I found, so that when I get hack killed, I can go get another one, until I get hack killed again. I don't die to anyone but hackers.(last legit kill on me was a squad mate, who was fucking around shooting his pistol at my bike, and it killed me.)

Do I dupe and give it to friends....no.

I say worry about the issue destroying the game before worrying about a guy who wants a security blanket.

My funny story comes from a few days ago. My friends and I are headed in our bus to see if the Ural is at it's spawn. We get up there to find no ural,however, in place of the ural is a hackers box FULL of everything. We start by grabbing a shit load of tents, head to an area we deem alright for a new camp, and begin transferring the items we want to the camp. Upon completion, we are saving tents and such when the hacker who dropped the box teles right to the new camp in a tractor, makes us all dance then begins smashing every tent.

What's the point of playing a hardcore survival game when you just cheat your way through it?