etakon

contrails in the sky?!

multiple times i take a look up in the sky and once i noticed a contrail/chem trail that would only come off from either a plane dropping chemicals in the sky (that mightve been what that started the outbreak) or a plane using after burners. so im thinking is there gonna be some rare plane crashes? i might be starting some sort of conspiracy or something but a man has always gotta ask a question. please tell me what you think and if you ever seen a contrail/ chem trail also!!!!!!

so with all the cars on the road completely destroyed beyond repair....

there's airplanes still in the air?

so with all the cars on the road completely destroyed beyond repair....

there's airplanes still in the air?

My guess is that the reason all the cars in the game are destroyed or need repair is because all of the working ones were all taken out of the area by people escaping the outbreak.. All that was left behind was the junkers.

With helicopter crash sites (containing British gear) findable it is entirely feasible that an international military recon/rescue mission was put together before the virus spread outside the region.

As Chernarus would seem to be ground zero it would also make sense for any surviving nations to send recon missions to investigate the source of the outbreak, this could easily stretch to include planes taking photos or performing tactical bombing runs to clear the way for ground troops to investigate.

As Chernarus would seem to be ground zero it would also make sense for any surviving nations to send recon missions to investigate the source of the outbreak' date=' this could easily stretch to include planes taking photos or performing tactical bombing runs to clear the way for ground troops to investigate.

[/quote']

Yeah, my assumption was that Chernarus was the center of the infected zone, with a few holdouts left throughout the world. The jets are just flyovers from the safe zones.

...tactical bombing runs? Welp, we're boned.

As Chernarus would seem to be ground zero it would also make sense for any surviving nations to send recon missions to investigate the source of the outbreak' date=' this could easily stretch to include planes taking photos or performing tactical bombing runs to clear the way for ground troops to investigate.

[/quote']

Yeah, my assumption was that Chernarus was the center of the infected zone, with a few holdouts left throughout the world. The jets are just flyovers from the safe zones.

...tactical bombing runs? Welp, we're boned.

... instead of jets why not a tank just one little ole tank

and the zombie out break will be over :D

You'd think that, but tanks arent actually that useful, the payload of most tanks usually consists of Armour Piercing shells for taking out other tanks, and High Explosive shells for squishy targets, the problem with the high explosive shells is that they more often than not wouldnt hit the brain of the zombies, you could fire into a group of 20 and maybe only kill 2 or 3 zombies. Y

ou would run out of fuel eventually and if you were surrounded by zombies you couldnt exactly pop out and fill up, also running through crowds of zombies would most likely clog up your treads.

You'd think that' date=' but tanks arent actually that useful, the payload of most tanks usually consists of Armour Piercing shells for taking out other tanks, and High Explosive shells for squishy targets, the problem with the high explosive shells is that they more often than not wouldnt hit the brain of the zombies, you could fire into a group of 20 and maybe only kill 2 or 3 zombies. Y

ou would run out of fuel eventually and if you were surrounded by zombies you couldnt exactly pop out and fill up, also running through crowds of zombies would most likely clog up your treads.

[/quote']

Why are you talking about taking out their brains, when in DayZ you can easily kill them by firing into their arms or crotch?

[Why are you talking about taking out their brains' date= when in DayZ you can easily kill them by firing into their arms or crotch?

I, for one, aim solely for the crotch.

You'd think that' date=' but tanks arent actually that useful, the payload of most tanks usually consists of Armour Piercing shells for taking out other tanks, and High Explosive shells for squishy targets, the problem with the high explosive shells is that they more often than not wouldnt hit the brain of the zombies, you could fire into a group of 20 and maybe only kill 2 or 3 zombies. Y

[/quote']

Just like the section on Yonkers from World War Z where the US military threw EVERYTHING it had at a few hundred thousand zeds. HE tank shells. Mortars. Jet bombing runs, you name it they used it (except for nukes of course). And what happened? The zeds just kept coming because all of this tech was designed to cause widespread destruction, not go for the brain. So zombies were coming out of these bombing runs with arms and legs blown off, dragging their crippled bodies across the floor.

Damn good book if you ask me :)