Sign in to follow this  
nuggetz

Martial Law

Not sure if this has been suggested yet or not but I think noobs don't have a chance in hell as every advanced player just shoots noobs for no reason. Maybe noobs can spawn near their "home town" which would now be under the protection of the military. In a zombie apocolypse, there would be some form of martial law. This would maybe allow a safe haven for people to trade items, meet up for grouping purposes, etc. Being shot in this town is still possible but the military would be there to help fend off random zombies and provide a deterrent against bandits wanting to prey on noobs.

The other idea I had which sort of goes with my first is that zombies should feel more organic. I want zombies to move from town to town and walk thru forests. Maybe at random times the town that is under marshal law would be a target of a mass zombie invasion at which point the military would insist that the town be evacuated as the horde would be too powerful to defend against. The military would start moving to a new town (known to the server as being "empty", which could be as far as 4000 kilomoters away and players could evacuate and follow that convoy or go on their own.

This sort of event could be broadcast to over radios. I think radios should be common enough for players to be tapped into announcements coming from the government for example or other news sources. Imagine being a bandit camped up on a hill side picking off a convoy of noobs heading to Town X? There might be good looting opportunities in the town that the zombies are attacking too.

Anyway, this is just a brain dump of some things that to me would make the game more immersive. Feel free to chime in. I dont have a whole lot of Dayz hours invested mainly because I get killed before I can even start so I'm offering these suggestions.

Edited by nuggetz
  • Like 2

The military would start moving to a new town (known to the server as being "empty", which could be as far as 4000 kilomoters away and players could evacuate and follow that convoy or go on their own.

Wait, what? 4000 kilometres? That is like the distance between Canada and United Kingdom. I assume you meant 4 kilometres instead? How would a safe area even work? If you shoot someone, bot soldiers attack you? What happens if someone attacks me and I kill him in self defence? The bots kill ME? The bot soldiers would only mean free guns and ammo for players. Kill one, grab his gun and run/disconnect. Zombies moving from town to town wouldn't work with the current system that only spawns zombies when players are near the spawn point, and changing that would become too heavy for the server quickly.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet or not but I think noobs don't have a chance in hell as every advanced player just shoots noobs for no reason. Maybe noobs can spawn near their "home town" which would now be under the protection of the military. In a zombie apocolypse, there would be some form of martial law. This would maybe allow a safe haven for people to trade items, meet up for grouping purposes, etc. Being shot in this town is still possible but the military would be there to help fend off random zombies and provide a deterrent against bandits wanting to prey on noobs.

The other idea I had which sort of goes with my first is that zombies should feel more organic. I want zombies to move from town to town and walk thru forests. Maybe at random times the town that is under marshal law would be a target of a mass zombie invasion at which point the military would insist that the town be evacuated as the horde would be too powerful to defend against. The military would start moving to a new town (known to the server as being "empty", which could be as far as 4000 kilomoters away and players could evacuate and follow that convoy or go on their own.

This sort of event could be broadcast to over radios. I think radios should be common enough for players to be tapped into announcements coming from the government for example or other news sources. Imagine being a bandit camped up on a hill side picking off a convoy of noobs heading to Town X? There might be good looting opportunities in the town that the zombies are attacking too.

Anyway, this is just a brain dump of some things that to me would make the game more immersive. Feel free to chime in. I dont have a whole lot of Dayz hours invested mainly because I get killed before I can even start so I'm offering these suggestions.

huh, actually sounds like not a bad idea, would be a lot of problems with it and ways for people to exploit it obviously, but personally I think it'd add something good to the game, but like I said, there'd be a lot of issues that this would bring up and they'd need to be sorted out first

maybe barricaded towns where players can set up market stalls without NPC'S because NPC'S would ruin this game

I like this idea.. In some ways.. it is realalstic.. It does give you area that will actually feel somewhat safe. And the NPC Soldiers should charge the attacker if he's in the town's guard area. And a messaghe should pop up if they get close enough to you.. Surrender your weapons OR Be killed.. You click Be killed and you have the chance to kill the soldier or be killed yourself.. Sounds very realalstic to me. Needs more tweaking of course.

Sorry OP but that just makes it too easy mode, doesn't allow players too be enternprising. Perhaps there could be features to help players set up their own posts?

If you don't want new players to get killed, do something about it yourself. If base building is included in the stand alone then go right ahead and make some sort of safe bunker where you can have them bunker up between raiding loot sites. It's not a very nice place out there so they might as well get used to losing their stuff and dying a lot when they don't have much to lose. This won't change as the game progresses, it'll if anything get worse and more dangerous the bigger the challenges they seek.

Please go play warz and leave us alone

Who the hell are you? Yeah it's real fun shooting noobs like fish in a barrel. Its understandable that 12 year olds who've acquired sniper rifles don't want the game in its current form to change but alienating new folks to keep veterans happy won't work either. If you want mindless slaughter go play L4D.

When I first logged into a dayz server I was filled with a feeling that I've never gotten from a video game before. True fear. However after a while I realized that dayz is nothing more than deathmatch.

I think my idea is viable and would make the game fun and more realistic. Why run dayz if all you want to do is shoot anything that moves. There are 100s of games that let you do that. I understand that anything goes in the real world and people might argue that it applies to the dayz game world as well but think of immersive potential if dayz was allowed to evolved into something a bit different. It takes no effort to camp a noob beach. I don't know how long this would be fun for bandits. I can say that noobs don't appreciate it at all. What's the point? We're unarmed.

I've never had possession of a gun in dayz ever. All I want is a fair shake. In real life I would at least have the option of being at home during a zombie attack or having other viable options to acquire survival gear - friends to call or lookup. In dayz the balance is way off. I just wouldn't find myself in the middle of nowhere with nothing on me. That's why my safe town idea is more realistic. Dayz in its current form is like being born at the age of 22 and being dropped into the middle of a war zone in Iraq. . Its only appropriate that new players have some sort of resources or means to survive at the onset as its totally unbalanced and unrealistic the way it is now.

I'm all for keeping it real and hardcore but my main concern should be zombies and not 12 year old script kiddies.

Who the hell are you? Yeah it's real fun shooting noobs like fish in a barrel. Its understandable that 12 year olds who've acquired sniper rifles don't want the game in its current form to change but alienating new folks to keep veterans happy won't work either. If you want mindless slaughter go play L4D.

When I first logged into a dayz server I was filled with a feeling that I've never gotten from a video game before. True fear. However after a while I realized that dayz is nothing more than deathmatch.

I think my idea is viable and would make the game fun and more realistic. Why run dayz if all you want to do is shoot anything that moves. There are 100s of games that let you do that. I understand that anything goes in the real world and people might argue that it applies to the dayz game world as well but think of immersive potential if dayz was allowed to evolved into something a bit different. It takes no effort to camp a noob beach. I don't know how long this would be fun for bandits. I can say that noobs don't appreciate it at all. What's the point? We're unarmed.

I've never had possession of a gun in dayz ever. All I want is a fair shake. In real life I would at least have the option of being at home during a zombie attack or having other viable options to acquire survival gear - friends to call or lookup. In dayz the balance is way off. I just wouldn't find myself in the middle of nowhere with nothing on me. That's why my safe town idea is more realistic. Dayz in its current form is like being born at the age of 22 and being dropped into the middle of a war zone in Iraq. . Its only appropriate that new players have some sort of resources or means to survive at the onset as its totally unbalanced and unrealistic the way it is now.

I'm all for keeping it real and hardcore but my main concern should be zombies and not 12 year old script kiddies.

Never had a gun? How long have you been playing? I've been playing for three days now, died once even and found guns. I'm thinking there should be only one city like this.. and it should either be in a corner of the map OR in the dead center.. So its both risky to get there and to leave.

I do like the radio idea like you could broadcast on certain channels or set up meetings I think it would make it possibly less hostile because normally I pvp because I'm surprised or scared but if I told someone let's meet up here it would take away the spook of seeing oneanother or be able to encrypt messages or something like that

Well someone has sand in their vagina. Just because you suck at the game and get pissed off when unarmed players are killed doesnt mean we want to hear your terrible ideas

ps I kill all players not just noobs

Edited by captainwaffles