Charger (DayZ)

Which weapon should I keep?

Hello there Guys,

recently I found an AS50 at a helicopter crash and picked it up, after that I found an M24 at the NW airfield.

At the moment I've got both of them with me but I would like to drop one for some kind of assault rifle, the Problem is

I can't decide which weapon I should keep they both have some advantages and disadvantages:

- The M24 has unlimited Ammo because you can find it about anywhere

- Downfall to that is, that it's goddamn loud

- Another advantage for me: It's smaller than the AS50

Now about the AS50

-It kills about everything which includes Vehicles

- It's somewhat less noisy

- The Ammo is not that common

- It's really big, like an Antenna on my back (waiting for the day to be struck by a lightning because of it :D )

Last thing I want to say is, I'm not a guy who's Camping in Cherno or Elektro.

I only use it to cover my Buddy, to counter snipers who are trying to kill us or in rare cases to shoot vehicles that try to run me over (happened yesterday near Cherno :| )

Now, I would love to hear your opinion,

which weapon to keep, which to drop?

Thanks for reading and answering :) (If you find any mistakes, keep them, sell them on Ebay or something like that! ;) )

Edited by Charger

AS50. Find yourself an ALICE or Coyote to shove it into and keep yourself equipped with a battle rifle or such to run around with. Doesn't make sense to keep it out full-time unless you're running around in a major PvP area. There's no zombie killing to be done in the 800-1200m range.

Hello there

Really it should be the weapon you are most comfortable with.

Personally, I'd take the m24. No point having an uber gun if you've got no ammo.

rgds

LoK

Yea AS50 is my personal preference, the M24 can still be 2 shots, is bolt action and I honestly find more M107 and AS50 rounds than M24 rounds, if you encounter a vehicle you will be able to take it out it one shot, if you are not camping Electro/Cherno there won't even be need for that much ammo, just use your sidearm or assualt rifle for zombies and keep the AS50 for players, one shot to just about anything, including helicopters.

Edited by LifeHackz

Or use the ammo bug to keep full ammo and keep the AS 50 >.> ammo in bag, log out of server completely, log back in and start raping face.

AS50 would probably get my vote in your position. Single shot kills must be nice!

I have a similar problem. Have an M24 for my long range rifle, FAL AND L85. FAL suits my play style as a battle rifle more than the L85 (I tend to go for single aimed shots so the extra punch is nice) but the L85 thermal is lovely for checking for nasty snipers.