Sign in to follow this  
Nick2389

AS50 Near Death Experience

I decided to raid the fire station and thought the top floor was a deathtrap but couldn't resist the goods. The first AS50 round was close.

Then i made a break for the near Workshop and the second AS50 round actually hit the inside of the room about 2 foot away.

Then i decided to peak outside the double door frame and the third AS50 round hit the door frame less than 0.5 seconds before i stop peaking right.

It was less than 1cm away from hitting me in my shoulder.

I think that's enough DayZ near death for this hour! lol

(O-O)!

• Like 1

Good guy greg not disconnecting/aborting ;)

So have your heart rate slowed down yet ?

OT, I see a little trend, all thoose ppl with clan tags seem to be the best ones at combat quitting? anyone agree about theese self proclaimed pro´s aborting 100% of the times when they are not the ones initiating combat ?

Not 100%, rolemodel. I turned a sniper team into an extraordinary lootpile the other day. Funny story, actually.

I was running to Stary to meet up with my friend, 20 people on the server, had nothing of *real* importance on me (AKS-74U, and a Revolver, no NVGs/high tier tools/loot/ammo) when suddenly, I hear a car. Immediately charging for a nearby treeline for cover, a sedan comes screaming down the road before swiftly stopping. Three ghillied players got out. Two of them with AS50s, one with a DMR. They took a few shots at me just before I hit the treeline, but since they didn't really have much time to take aim, they missed. Not having anything really worth much to lose, I decided to try and fight back instead of run. My heart was pounding so hard as I ran from tree to tree, wall to wall, trying to inch myself as close as I could to my attackers while still remaining hidden enough not to be shot. They fired, again and again, and I had no idea if any of the shots were close, but I was alive, as close as I could be to them without running out into the open.

One of the guys with an AS50 decided it'd be smart to try and kill me from up close with his PDW. I saw him coming, of course. This was a third-person enabled server, and in a situation like this, there's no chance I wouldn't use it to my advantage. I waited on the floor, peering down the iron sights of my AK-SU, as he was about to come into line of sight. Movement, slightly to the left. I opened up, firing 10 rounds into the bush, and enough shots connected to flesh to kill the guy. He was a clanmember, on his home-server. Irony. Instead of looting the corpse, which I could have done easily, I had a better idea. I reloaded, and guessed that his teammates would be watching where he died, expecting me to loot, so instead I crawled up the hill again a bit, behind a wall. Moving up further, out of sight, I was certain they were still watching around where there mate died, instead of watching up the hill a bit more. I was right. Crouching behind a shrub, and peeking to the side over the fence, I switched to semi and quickly assessed the situation. DMR in front of the car, watching where his mate died. AS50, behind the car, also looking in that direction. No clear shot on the AS50 guy, but I could see him through the windshield. I took aim, and fired three shots at the guy with a DMR. First shot missed, the guy turned and ran towards the car. Second shot hit his body, he proned or fell unconscious. The third shot was a headshot. Another clanmember died, just next to the car.

The third guy, obviously panicking, forgot all about his two dead friends, and instead got in the car and drove away to the Northeast. I took a few shots at him, and think I might have hit him, as blood was spraying out the door, but the car was faster than I was and was soon out of my sight. Searching the corpses, starting with the one in the open, I got myself a nice DMR, NVGs, pair of GPS, supplies, etc. I looted the guy in the open first, as after patching himself up the third ghillie might decide to come back. Looted the first guy I shot, then continued east to Stary. I loot extremely fast, immediately categorizing things as I want them and taking them without delay, hiding the rest without thought. It's good to do the same, never know when you might need to loot fast then gtfo :P

Anyway, moral of the story: None of them alt+f4'd, not even after a 3v1 turned to shit. Not even the one I shot twice before killing, and there was plenty of time to alf+f4 in that time period after the first and second. The third guy didn't either, but then again, if he did alt+f4, their car would have been all mine, along with his friend's itinerary.

Edited by Dreganius
  • Like 1

Not 100%, rolemodel. I turned a sniper team into an extraordinary lootpile the other day. Funny story, actually.

I was running to Stary to meet up with my friend, 20 people on the server, had nothing of *real* importance on me (AKS-74U, and a Revolver, no NVGs/high tier tools/loot/ammo) when suddenly, I hear a car. Immediately charging for a nearby treeline for cover, a sedan comes screaming down the road before swiftly stopping. Three ghillied players got out. Two of them with AS50s, one with a DMR. They took a few shots at me just before I hit the treeline, but since they didn't really have much time to take aim, they missed. Not having anything really worth much to lose, I decided to try and fight back instead of run. My heart was pounding so hard as I ran from tree to tree, wall to wall, trying to inch myself as close as I could to my attackers while still remaining hidden enough not to be shot. They fired, again and again, and I had no idea if any of the shots were close, but I was alive, as close as I could be to them without running out into the open.

One of the guys with an AS50 decided it'd be smart to try and kill me from up close with his PDW. I saw him coming, of course. This was a third-person enabled server, and in a situation like this, there's no chance I wouldn't use it to my advantage. I waited on the floor, peering down the iron sights of my AK-SU, as he was about to come into line of sight. Movement, slightly to the left. I opened up, firing 10 rounds into the bush, and enough shots connected to flesh to kill the guy. He was a clanmember, on his home-server. Irony. Instead of looting the corpse, which I could have done easily, I had a better idea. I reloaded, and guessed that his teammates would be watching where he died, expecting me to loot, so instead I crawled up the hill again a bit, behind a wall. Moving up further, out of sight, I was certain they were still watching around where there mate died, instead of watching up the hill a bit more. I was right. Crouching behind a shrub, and peeking to the side over the fence, I switched to semi and quickly assessed the situation. DMR in front of the car, watching where his mate died. AS50, behind the car, also looking in that direction. No clear shot on the AS50 guy, but I could see him through the windshield. I took aim, and fired three shots at the guy with a DMR. First shot missed, the guy turned and ran towards the car. Second shot hit his body, he proned or fell unconscious. The third shot was a headshot. Another clanmember died, just next to the car.

The third guy, obviously panicking, forgot all about his two dead friends, and instead got in the car and drove away to the Northeast. I took a few shots at him, and think I might have hit him, as blood was spraying out the door, but the car was faster than I was and was soon out of my sight. Searching the corpses, starting with the one in the open, I got myself a nice DMR, NVGs, pair of GPS, supplies, etc. I looted the guy in the open first, as after patching himself up the third ghillie might decide to come back. Looted the first guy I shot, then continued east to Stary. I loot extremely fast, immediately categorizing things as I want them and taking them without delay, hiding the rest without thought. It's good to do the same, never know when you might need to loot fast then gtfo :P

Anyway, moral of the story: None of them alt+f4'd, not even after a 3v1 turned to shit. Not even the one I shot twice before killing, and there was plenty of time to alf+f4 in that time period after the first and second. The third guy didn't either, but then again, if he did alt+f4, their car would have been all mine, along with his friend's itinerary.

Sounds like a battle to remember (even more so for them lol!)

They clearly thought they knew their enemy and they fucked right up.

Damn good work if I may say so soldier lol

Good on you and good on them!

There is no panic like the panic you feel when you realise you are stuck in something.

There is also no panic like seeing a bullet bounce off the wall mere centameters away from you at head level.

All you can do is what the puppets from the BIG brekfast did and "Zig and Zag".

EDIT: I saw some guy running along the coast whacking people with (what I pressume to be) a AS50, I heard two nearby shots and 2 death messages.

Next thing I see is a bandit looking at me with his sniper, I had only just spawned so dying wouldn't bother me that much, but he stood there and watched me run by ignoreing him, then he started taking shots at me and missed 4-5 shots haha..... Maybe he saw the torch I had equiped and decided he wanted it :/

Edited by Axz

It is just like that, that people enter clans/groups that gear them up pretty fast. Even they just started playing DayZ. This leads to shit snipers, spraying with the DMR instead of calculating distance. 90% of the snipers in DayZ are shit, and us a DMR because they can spray with it, due to its semi-auto operating mode. And 95% of all the snipers in this game don't know the difference between 1x and 2x zoom into the scope. Mildot values are not the same.

It is just like that, that people enter clans/groups that gear them up pretty fast. Even they just started playing DayZ. This leads to shit snipers, spraying with the DMR instead of calculating distance. 90% of the snipers in DayZ are shit, and us a DMR because they can spray with it, due to its semi-auto operating mode. And 95% of all the snipers in this game don't know the difference between 1x and 2x zoom into the scope. Mildot values are not the same.

And there's a shit-ton of loot inflation with the non-saving tents.

Everyone and their grandma can join a clan and get a Ghillie, As50, and NVGs that they don't know how to use effectively.