Sign in to follow this  
lawphoto

what would you do if you find a crate full of weapons

I was walking around the forest near cherno and came across a medical crate..

I looked into it and thought my dreams had come true!!!!

but then realised it was a hack (because every weapon and item was in it)

What should I do???

The last few games!!! Well i don’t need to go into detail (shot, eaten, shot in the back, eaten , shot again, eaten, then again shot in the back. Then hacked in to nowhere. ) .

What should I do??

I was really hungry..

So I picked up the as550 and fire off a few rounds (at a few zombies,,, never seen as550 before..)

Guilt set in.. it was all too easy!!!!!

So I place the gun back … and took the satchel of explosives out of the crate\.

And bang it was all gone , destroyed!!!

What would you do!!

p.s I did drink and eat everything in the crate (I was very hungry and just about to died of hunger and thirst).

I hope that made sense - as I had too much to eat and drink…

Larry

Englishman living in Canada

Good question. My friend and I once found a car loaded with military rifles (i.e. AS50, FN FAL etc), as well as NVGs, Satchel Charges, ghillie suits etc. We were pretty sure that it had been hacked in. We took a rifle and sidearm each (since we had recently spawned) as well as some other supplies and left the rest. To be fair, we weren't 100% sure if was hacked. It could have been that just some awesome elite player had ditched his car with all this awesome gear in the wilderness and hadn't been back for it.

But I guess in your situation, I would have taken what I needed. If I was unarmed/just recently spawned, I'd take a weapon, ammo and some food to help me out.

Eh, depending on how you play, you don't really live that long. I woulda had as much fun with it as I could since I know it would be short lived. Would have become boring once you had what you needed. So PvP would have been the next option.

Although using hacked in items is bad if you take the things that are allowed nobody will care unless BIS finds a way to give each item a unique id then you will need a database bigger than that of NASA.

The only thing is that you will always be reminded is that you never actually got hold of them on your own, that's where your feeling of guilt came.

At first I started picking them up. But I want to play this game legit so I literally do not touch any one elses stuff, whether it be from looting dead bodies, ammo crates, tents, vehicles or whatever. It doesn't take long to get all the stuff you need the legitimite way anyways.

I came acroiss stuff like that, too. A teent with 12 satchel charges...100% duped items. Can be fun, too! Threw all of them out of the tent, saved it empty, then set a few to blow up. Nice bang, there, and goodbye duped items! But if i come across a vehicle with 2xAS50, 2xL85, 4xFN FAL + FN FAL ANPVS, plus 1xDMR plus plenty of ammo, plus 5 ghillies, plus 2 GPS...it need not be hacked, I collected amounts of stuff equal to that with a few freinds, too. Be happy! But remember, the AS50 with thermal is a frigging imbalanced hacker weapon. You will burn in dayZ hell if u take one and use one! May you be perma.banned, then! But why not take a decent gun? Some people DO actually have massive amounts of cool stuff saved in some tents or cars...but the crates are 100% hacked, there you're right. Still, feeding yourself there, and equipping a nice M16A4 seems reasonable.

The ting is what Enforcer said: If you have everything, it becomes boring,m and you start feeling bad for not having accomplished it the real, the hard way. If you feel your game is spoiled by it, take the satchel and make anice firework from that stuff! Is fun, too. Like I did...ok, I have taken a ghillie and NVGs ^^ ;-)

I have morals, I wouldn't touch the thing.

By taking weapons from the crate, you are defeating the purpose of the game and just adding to the ridiculous amount of 'rare' items already circulating. If you are willing to take weapons from this crate then you have no right to complain about other players hacking stuff in or duping items

Happened to me yesterday. I was on my way to Cherno coming from east. Suddenly I hear someone running behind me, turn and start shooting as I see a guy approaching me. But I immediately stopped once I saw he was unarmed and a hero. I tell him I am sorry but he scared me to death. He doesn't reply just pops a box right in front of me. I look into it and it's full of all kind of weapons.

I tell him thanks but I can't take anything from that box. I salute him he salutes me and I get back on my way.

With the big amount of hacking at this time, loot it and shoot everything that moves.

Considering the amount of perfectly legitimate gear I've lost due to the various bugs this mod has I would consider a hacker crate fair game, although I'd only take what I need.