themango

Old bandit skin

Hey people, so the lastest patch re-introduced the humanity system but for some reason they added a different, worse bandit skin, I wouldn't neccesarely call this a rant because it isn't, i'd just like to see the old bandit skin instead of just some headwrap and no backpack.

I think it would be an awesome thing to have back in because the hero skin is awesome, but the bandit skin.. not so much :/, I loved the old bandit skin and I would love to have it back in the game,

• Like 1

Then be a good guy if you like the hero skin ;-)

Then be a good guy if you like the hero skin ;-)

I can't help my love for killing players XD

The old bandit skin gave better camouflage than the survivor and hero skins therefore was considered overpowered and changed.

Well that's a stupid reason to get rid of, they're bandits, they have camo, what's wrong with that?

I can't help my love for killing players XD

sounds like COD is more the game for you and not this game. plenty of PVP there.

if you want the old skin play lingor island

sounds like COD is more the game for you and not this game. plenty of PVP there.

if you want the old skin play lingor island

No thanks, i'd rather PvP in this, yano.. because it's actually part of the game, and nah.. I tried lingor, did not like it one bit.

No thanks, i'd rather PvP in this, yano.. because it's actually part of the game, and nah.. I tried lingor, did not like it one bit.

The game isn't solo based on PVP. its based on survival in a zombie appocolyps and suposto be playes how you would play in real life. sure PVP but PVP if you need to. not for a kill count like COD or battlefield. I dont think you liked it because the zombies are harder on lingor and they can run in some buildings. meaning they are a bigger threat unlike the chern map. they are just like flies.

The game isn't solo based on PVP. its based on survival in a zombie appocolyps and suposto be playes how you would play in real life. sure PVP but PVP if you need to. not for a kill count like COD or battlefield. I dont think you liked it because the zombies are harder on lingor and they can run in some buildings. meaning they are a bigger threat unlike the chern map. they are just like flies.

I don't PvP if i have too, if i see someone I kill them purely because they'd do the same to me.. countless times i've yelled "friendly" to someone and they just blast me in the face.

Nope, I didn't like lingor because you can spawn anywhere on the map, that's not fun, i enjoy spawning on the coast and making my way to the good loot, on here you can spawn and straight away find a dmr or something like that, that's not fun atall.

I don't PvP if i have too, if i see someone I kill them purely because they'd do the same to me.. countless times i've yelled "friendly" to someone and they just blast me in the face.

Nope, I didn't like lingor because you can spawn anywhere on the map, that's not fun, i enjoy spawning on the coast and making my way to the good loot, on here you can spawn and straight away find a dmr or something like that, that's not fun atall.

did you play before they took the bandit skin out?

the game was much different then. you could run up to a survivor and they would 95% of the time help you because they didn't want the bandit skin and be targeted. The bandits were the ones dying all the time because they killed eachothe and were killed by survivors. But thats the way they chose to play. when they took the skin away the game morals, team play, trust was destroyed. many many people would go out of their way not to kill someone because they didn;t want bandit skin

1) You shouldn't be rewarded for being a bandit over being a survivor or hero. It's not a stupid reason at all, think about it...

2) Back to CoD, please. DayZ isn't about PvP, it's an optional segment of the game.

3) I've found a coyote backpack and M4 CCO SD at Balota before. There's a radio tower, 2 hangers and 4 deer stands... I've found a DMR in Elektro fire station too. Military loot's all over the map if you know where to look.

• Like 2

did you play before they took the bandit skin out?

the game was much different then. you could run up to a survivor and they would 95% of the time help you because they didn't want the bandit skin and be targeted. The bandits were the ones dying all the time because they killed eachothe and were killed by survivors. But thats the way they chose to play. when they took the skin away the game morals, team play, trust was destroyed. many many people would go out of their way not to kill someone because they didn;t want bandit skin

Yes i did and yes i know, but the game's or mod i should say, is not like that anymore now is it? everyone kills everyone, the game basically is a clusterf*ck of PvP, why not join in? after all if you want to play all friendly and be a coastel cutie and not kill anyone you're going to get killed, this mod is really kill or be killed now.

1) You shouldn't be rewarded for being a bandit over being a survivor or hero. It's not a stupid reason at all, think about it...

2) Back to CoD, please. DayZ isn't about PvP, it's an optional segment of the game.

3) I've found a coyote backpack and M4 CCO SD at Balota before. There's a radio tower, 2 hangers and 4 deer stands... I've found a DMR in Elektro fire station too. Military loot's all over the map if you know where to look.

this man is correct

Despite your thoughts and opinions, You shouldn't be rewarded for being a prick. YES, this game has PVP for a reason. YES, you don't HAVE to PVP at all if you don't want to. But the base line is the main issue is the delicate balance between this and turning into some worthless FPS like COD or Battlefield needed to be protected. This game is supposed to be about survival, and when the bandit skin was cool (and it was preeetty damn cool :D) It encouraged negative behavior. There was no reward for being nice to randoms, and little reward for playing with friends (blood bags, that's it.) They didn't want people like YOU (who SAY you don't want to kill people and it's only self defense, but then the new humanity system comes back and you have -100,000 humanity) they didn't want people like you to have incentive to camp the shores and prey on innocent noobs that are trying to survive. Because then that's all this game would be, a group of bandits all posted up staring at a spawn point with an AS50 so there is no threat, no competition, and it made you feel good too.

To recap, there was too much incentive to be a douchebag for no reason (despite your poor "self-defense claims). So they took away the camo, the commanding pressence, and the ego that came along with bandit skins, and replaced it with a sign that says "I've been a bad boy, please make me pay for it."

Though I DO wish there were more cool skins like the hero and old bandit in the game, I think this change is a good one. It gives credit where credit is due, and allows you to know the Friendlies from the "HEY R U FRIENDLY? IM FRIENDLY *axes them in the face*"

*Side-note* They should add back in the old bandit skin, but make it like Camo and Ghillies.

• Like 2

1) It's not being rewarded at all, it's simple logic, think about it.. if you're going to kill people, you're going to have camo aren't you.

2)CoD is a terrible game, i'd rather kill people such as yourself just because it's funny when you get mad, No it's not based on PvP but it's what happens, everyone does it, the game would have no real threat or fun without PvP.

3) Have you played lingor? you can spawn ANYWHERE meaning there's no real goal for loot, when i start a fresh character i like to start with basic gear and move my way up to the good gear.

Yes i did and yes i know, but the game's or mod i should say, is not like that anymore now is it? everyone kills everyone, the game basically is a clusterf*ck of PvP, why not join in? after all if you want to play all friendly and be a coastel cutie and not kill anyone you're going to get killed, this mod is really kill or be killed now.

when i played on the chern map. I would run straight to the NWAF. without any kind of weapon. I would scout the barracks and get gear in seconds and food and water. then kill zombies with the group of friends I was with. we managed to meet ip with people in america and the UK and made friends with them. we wanted to try and bring back the team play. but now hackers have ruined the game turning it in to their own game they create. I spent maybe the 1st 3 days on the coast and in chern. I scouted the whole map. I killed people who shot at me. if i saw them run away i would leave them. I was not there to join in and play a deathmacth COD game. the game is how people create it. which is why we have a password server and teams and the occasional people who leave the team for a night and hunt us

1) It's not being rewarded at all, it's simple logic, think about it.. if you're going to kill people, you're going to have camo aren't you.

2)CoD is a terrible game, i'd rather kill people such as yourself just because it's funny when you get mad, No it's not based on PvP but it's what happens, everyone does it, the game would have no real threat or fun without PvP.

3) Have you played lingor? you can spawn ANYWHERE meaning there's no real goal for loot, when i start a fresh character i like to start with basic gear and move my way up to the good gear.

how can you see him get mad when he is dead? lingor is great. anyone anywhere can have a weapon better then you or be better geared. the zombies place a much greater threat. they do much more damage. unlike in chern map you can pull a whole city and sit back and shoot then and there is nothing of it.

how can you see him get mad when he is dead? lingor is great. anyone anywhere can have a weapon better then you or be better geared. the zombies place a much greater threat. they do much more damage. unlike in chern map you can pull a whole city and sit back and shoot then and there is nothing of it.

as for the 1st point. if your going to kill people your going to have camo right?

why? terrorists don't all wear cammo. private security don't all wear cammo or they wear none at all. if you were in real life would you life like you do in the game and kill anyone just in case they kill you??? if you do you would die very very quick

Because I play CoD4 when I want to kill people... I prefer to kill people that are actively trying to kill me too, instead of hiding in a bush and waiting to shoot some guy that's just trying to get by in the back, but maybe that's just me. I'd argue that 90% of DayZ PvPers are just low skill kiddies that aren't good enough to play true FPS games.

Despite your thoughts and opinions, You shouldn't be rewarded for being a prick. YES, this game has PVP for a reason. YES, you don't HAVE to PVP at all if you don't want to. But the base line is the main issue is the delicate balance between this and turning into some worthless FPS like COD or Battlefield needed to be protected. This game is supposed to be about survival, and when the bandit skin was cool (and it was preeetty damn cool :D) It encouraged negative behavior. There was no reward for being nice to randoms, and little reward for playing with friends (blood bags, that's it.) They didn't want people like YOU (who SAY you don't want to kill people and it's only self defense, but then the new humanity system comes back and you have -100,000 humanity) they didn't want people like you to have incentive to camp the shores and prey on innocent noobs that are trying to survive. Because then that's all this game would be, a group of bandits all posted up staring at a spawn point with an AS50 so there is no threat, no competition, and it made you feel good too.

To recap, there was too much incentive to be a douchebag for no reason (despite your poor "self-defense claims). So they took away the camo, the commanding pressence, and the ego that came along with bandit skins, and replaced it with a sign that says "I've been a bad boy, please make me pay for it."

Though I DO wish there were more cool skins like the hero and old bandit in the game, I think this change is a good one. It gives credit where credit is due, and allows you to know the Friendlies from the "HEY R U FRIENDLY? IM FRIENDLY *axes them in the face*"

*Side-note* They should add back in the old bandit skin, but make it like Camo and Ghillies.

Honestly, I have tried to be friendly, it works out with a gunshot to face, I don't go around hunting for PvP, because that would be quite boring because you're actually looking for a fight, it's fun when you're running through a field and you hear bullet cracks so you have to improvise and find a way to fight back, I do admit if i'm looting in elektro or cherno and i see a player I do fire, i mean if i hear friendly most of the time i don't but i hardly ever hear friendly anymore.

I don't know really, yes adding it in like a camo or ghillie would be a good idea, but also I see it as, you wan't to be friendly and be helpful, get the hero skin (and the hero skin is pretty badass) be a bandit and get a skin which kind of makes sence, if you were a bandit, you'd have a camoflage, not just a lone headwrap that makes you look like you're going to blow a plain up.

Because I play CoD4 when I want to kill people... I prefer to kill people that are actively trying to kill me too, instead of hiding in a bush and waiting to shoot some guy that's just trying to get by in the back, but maybe that's just me. I'd argue that 90% of DayZ PvPers are just low skill kiddies that aren't good enough to play true FPS games.

I do hope you're not reffering to COD as a true fps game, if you wan't to talk about kids playing video games, that's the correct game to look at, like I said, i don't go looking for fights but if someone walks by me or something like that i'll shoot unless i hear "friendly" but I almost never hear that word being said ever.

the people I play with are the same as you mate. if we want to kill people we will go play BF and get 200 kills in a few mins. yey what a great achievement.

as for the low skilled players, these guys usually are just loser kids who were picked on at school and could not defend themselves to they make up for it in a superficial world. they will get hacks and run around thinking they are boss and be leet. whatever loser kids lol.

I tried to PVP once. I gave up after an hour. walking through chern hiding on a roof seeing 1 person every 20 mins and taking a shot. then BAM!!! hacker spawned and killed me with a 50cal after I my mate at the AF was just killed by the same guy.

ok PVP sucks no skill at all. I stopped playing till we had a password server and now we all play legit red vs blue

It is being rewarded. Kill players > get camo. Anyway, it's done now, you can cry all you want the full bandit skin is gone.

Really? I'm on 18 days with an L85 at the minute. I don't like PKing but any bandits I run in to don't usually live very long...

Yes, I've played Lingor. Have you played Chernaraus? Cause there's military loot all over the map. HURR DURR

It is being rewarded. Kill players > get camo. Anyway, it's done now, you can cry all you want the full bandit skin is gone.

Really? I'm on 18 days with an L85 at the minute. I don't like PKing but any bandits I run in to don't usually live very long...

Yes, I've played Lingor. Have you played Chernaraus? Cause there's military loot all over the map. HURR DURR

the old bandit skin is still in play but only on lingor. zombies are harder and less hackers I have found. I am a fan