Sign in to follow this  
Badpanzer

Relative noob seeks advice

Hi all fairly new to the game but it seems like fun.

However Im having trouble with snipers camping around supply sites making it pretty much impossible for me to get started,I often die trying to tool up...cant see what they get from it as I have nothing to steal. lol

So anyway any tips on sniper survival would be appreciated.(though how you dodge a 50 cal is beyond me)

Also thanks to the 2xunknown players who after shooting me actually apologised and healed me lol...you are champions :)

• Like 2

Well you might want to try to arm yourself up before entering big cities or areas where PvP is common, I would suggest looting Barns & Deer Stands before actually going into the big cities: perhpas find an AK rifle or a set of binoculars...

When you approach a town or high PvP area you want to go by where the snipers usually snipe from (hills are most common, or places where you have a widespread view of the city.

Snipers are generally in Ghillie Suits but they stand out if you we're to be looking far away...

Hope this helps ~Mammo

try and stick to buildings like glue, move in and out of cover fast and always hide behind walls away from such sniping spots like hills, best way to dodge a .50cal is just to stay out the line of sight... get something basic and head North to say Berezhino or Zelengorsk as fast as you can..

best advice i can give after 4 months playing!

Dont crawl. Always serpentine run. If you see a building you really want to loot that has only one entrance/exit, use shift crouch (x) walk to evade aggo where necessary.

Close doors if your looting close to them. You shouldn't need to shoot at Zombies, you can shake off aggro with relative ease. Know which buildings have more than one exit. Have an exit plan (I always exit from the same way I enter, I find it safer).

Know the buildings. Know the city your looting:

http://dayzdb.com/map

Do a very quick recon of the city and identify the approximate pathing your going to take. Know what your objective is. Don't stick around. You want to be in, acheive what you want to acheive and get out.

EDIT: If you want to practice and familiarize yourself with the big cities (Cherno/Elektro) go do it on a low population server.

Edited by sostronk

i agree with Mammo get small arms from outside sources then approach the cities from the woodline i would suggest a pistol as back up and hatcet out for one reason which ill later state. be aware that when your heading towards the cities from the woodline is when your most exposed after the woodline is all open fields until you hit buildings making it hard to find cover this will be the true test i usually approach full sprint with the serpintine motion then enter the nearest building in the woodline forcing any following zombies to funnel in the door way kill them quietly with the hatchet then switch to pistol to comb the city while crouch running stick to the coast side of buildings while going through the cities as most snipers on the hill cannot see the far sides gives you suprise advantage when moving building to building in the end a good sniper wont let you make it all the way to the city and if he followed you with his reticle he will want to hit you when you move between buildings.

If you want to do the "fuck everything" routine, head for the nearest big city and stock up as fast as possible on starter supplies, THEN head north.

If you want to start a serious character that you hope will stay alive for a while, it is best to head straight to the north, checking deerstands and barns along the way for supplies.

Ok thanks for the advice all its much appreciated.

I have been trying this out and I have seen some improvements already,on my last run I actually made it to the Northern airstrip for the first time ever!

Of course I died shortly afterwards but its a new benchmark lol

1.Go to non-populate server

2.Go to Cherno/elektro

3.??????????

4.GUNS AT FIRESTATIONS

also after you get guns you can also go to sniperhill at elektro (in high-pop-server) and wait until snipers shoot and you hear where they are.'BEWARE!!! Snipers have often +1/2 players watching their backs

EDIT. Oh and in high-pop-server the map edges are filled with camps and tents with loot

Edited by korpisoturi

Find a drink and a can of food and get away from coast asap. Check this http://dayzdb.com/map if you wanna know what spawns where, spoiler obviously. Come back in few weeks when you've got all the loot you can possibly find and are so bored that you're gonna just snipe freshspawns with a 0.50 cal on the coast.