Sign in to follow this  
jordanmammo

Farming (Creating your own food)

I was moving along the power lines in Elektro towards Cherno when I noticed this small house I had to dodge and I saw pumpkins being grown in the garden, so I was thinking maybe the ability to produce agriculture, since there is already a de-collapsible shovel in the game its a good start...

Hopefully grow other stuff than pumpkins...

• Like 5

I actually think it would be great to be able to do this. Grow your own wheat, pumpkins, corn, beans even! Ofc we won't see anything like this until standalone comes out, but you shall get my beans as I'll just grow them when the time comes (Hoping that they actually do this at some point)!

They already have a farming in a zombie apocalypse game... it's called "Plants vs Zombies", and it's actually quite okay...

That would be a cool feature. It would make camps and bases better.

Rocket already mentioned being able to harvest additional things from the environment or even the pumpkins that you occasionally come across in some yards.

He hopes to add it eventually.

Edited by bluetaco

Would you really want to stay in one place for days n' days? I really don't think so. Maybe the ability to plant something, but it'd be witht he hope that some other players comes across it way later on.

Rocket already mentioned being able to harvest additional things from the environment or even the pumpkins that you occasionally come across in some yards.

He hopes to add it eventually.

That I can see. Might as well, since they are there any ways.

The map isn't that big right now to create farms.

It's already hard to right small tents, imagine the trouble to hide a farm!

Gathering stuff that belongs to the environment, like fruits and stuff, that i approve!

I like and dislike the idea.

For: It makes the game more realistic. Setting up a base camp on a server out the way, and put up defencense around like sandbags and barbed wire, but it would also be kinda cool if you could harvest trees and turn them into small structures (nothing too big) maybe a deer stand (full game not dayz mod) but you would still need to scavange cities for tools like nails and hammers and duct tape (its a must have for any survival game)

Against: it makes the game easy, if you can set up a farm right next to a pond out the way of every town and city in a part of the map where no one goes, then basicailly you have nothing left to do just log on eat drink, log off.

It all depends how it is done really.

I think a good mix would be you can farm, but you have to find seeds at farm spawn points, and it takes days for anything harvestable to grow meanign that you will still have to go to cities to loot food and drink.

• Like 1