Sign in to follow this  
Cnektpp

Day Z Serious issues.

After hours of playing this morning getting geared up making sure I only join 95883 servers so nothing would happen. I join a server after aborting (I was at Electro outskirts). I load up only to be in the middle of no where titled "Wilderness" with nothing anywhere, just grass. I join another server and spawn in Cap Glova with absolutely NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL! (except for my Ghillie Suit). This is the second time this has happened. Now this better not happen AT ALL in the standalone, because really, whats the point in playing?

- Also it sucks when you lose AS50, Rangefinders, NVGs, M9SD. Also lost a M4A1 SD CCG and Coyote Backpack because of changing into a Ghillie suit, and no I'm not a hacker found all of it on a dead body, besides the Ghillie Suit.

Edited by Cnektpp

We have found to avoid this issue stay on the one server, pick one and make it your home. This problem only occurs to us randomly when we change servers. I used to think it was going between a 1.7.2.4 server to a 1.7.2.5 but recently it happened when changing on the same version. Never has occurred when staying on the one server. But yeah, still a bit buggy in general, I think im starting to get used to the bugs now..

After hours of playing this morning getting geared up making sure I only join 95883 servers so nothing would happen. I join a server after aborting (I was at Electro outskirts). I load up only to be in the middle of no where titled "Wilderness" with nothing anywhere, just grass. I join another server and spawn in Cap Glova with absolutely NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL! (except for my Ghillie Suit). This is the second time this has happened. Now this better not happen AT ALL in the standalone, because really, whats the point in playing?

Edited by Dutch Miller

Sometimes you need to change servers for less players. Also it sucks when you lose AS50, Rangefinders, NVGs, M9SD. Also lost a M4A1 SD CCG and Coyote Backpack because of changing into a Ghillie suit, and no I'm not a hacker found all of it on a dead body, besides the Ghillie Suit.

so the suggestion here is for DayZ ALPHA to not be bugged?

wow... i bet the devs never thought of THAT before

Dude, it's alpha. There are going to be bugs. It's still going to start as an alpha in standalone. There's going to be bugs. If you don't know what alpha means, look it up. Right now.

You people did not read the whole thing. He said it shouldn't be in the standalone. He is not asking the alpha not to be buggy. He is saying the standalone should be 100% free of this.

But I do agree. Suggestion is pointless. If the standalone is buggy then the standalone is a bad game. Dayz is a mod so its acceptable. But the standalone is going to be its own game. So there shouldn't be ANY game breaking bugs.

Edited by harley001

Same thing happened to me, Instant Auto kill, sent to empty place, respawned with nothing except my Ghillie suit.

Some people suggested that the Ghillie suit is prone to sometimes cause this problem if, when you logout, you are hiding in a tree or bush with the branches clipping through your body, or your body/weapon is clipping through another object like a wall.

I think that to get a standalone DayZ team needs a testing. If alpha is too buggy - there will be no community testers - what's a point in testing something, reporting a bug, and NOT having it fixed in a month and even more, and you can't really play?

The standalone will also be an Alpha build at release, so there will be issues then as well. I would not expect it to be at a full retail state for at least another year.

Dude, it's alpha. There are going to be bugs. It's still going to start as an alpha in standalone. There's going to be bugs. If you don't know what alpha means, look it up. Right now.

Words of truth.

Alpha = Buggy and shouldn't even be released to the public. DayZ was only release early to get a dry hype going.

Beta = Game is nearing completing with minimal installments left to improve or add upon.

The Game = Finished Version, get's performance patches that do not effect game play in anyway, but improve on it.