Why can't my comuter run DayZ properly?

My Specs:

AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620 (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

4gb RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 Series

Display Memory: 2808 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1018 MB

Shared Memory: 1790 MB

When I play DayZ, the game freezes constantly, it's unbearable. So I decided to make arma2oa.exe as a high priority in the processes menu. That got rid of the lag, but it made my connection completely horrible. When the game is on high priority the ping of the server reaches over 1000 and my skype calls and internet drop. I don't know whats wrong, unless that dedicated memory for video card has something to do with it? Im not sure.

Any help would be appreciated!

It definitely says my computer can handle it.

im not sure about that, but as far as i know, the ATI mobility has no ram on the graficscard itself, you share the processors ram -> slow and shitty

Edited by Sturmgeist

It definitely says my computer can handle it.

whereabouts on the spectrum is it?

whereabouts on the spectrum is it?

halfway between minimum and recommended

Dual core 2.5 ghz isnt up to the task. Arma 2 is very taxing on your cpu. Try lowering your resolution as far as poss in game. Then put your game settings on normal, or the game will dump even more stress on your cpu. Failing that buy anew pc :)

Alright so i tried the demo of arma and was unbelievably laggy My computer specs are

AMD Athlon X4 620 processor 2.6Ghz

8Gb Ram

64 bit operating system

Nvidia geforce 9100

I'm pretty sure it's my graphics card is complete sh*t but will it run the game fine?

Do some basics first. Make sure you have up to date drivers for your card and mobo. Shut down background processess/ uneeded services..check here at Blackvipers and read the section regarding your OS.. http://www.blackviper.com/ scroll down to this section Windows Services ~ Includes complete explanations of each service and advice on which services you can safely disable.

If you have a lower end system you are going to need to run it lean so do some reading at that site, it will gain you frames as well as boost your system overall..plus its good fucking knowledge if you do not know how to tweak your rig :)

For a decent looking arma experience i would recommend at laest a 3.0 ghz processor and nothing under a gtx460 from nvidia or an hd6850 from the ati camp. Win32 and 4gig ram will suffice. This should give you pretty much maxed settings with a trim rig without any overclocking and will not cost a bucket load. You do not need to shell out a packet on a mobo as there are plenty of cheap capable ones on offer these days.

I have a 4650 and quad core. It struggles but it runs it alright on low settings. Maybe try using CCC to get your setting right.

I have an Intel Celeron E3400 2,4 GHz, 4 GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD6570 2GB DDR3. My fps are between 15-20. It's worse in cities.

I get my satisfaction when I shoot perfectly still standing cows. Afterwards I weep for the cows while eating their meat.

So should i buy it or no cause i downloaded the free version and its still laggy would it be any better in the full game?

>.<

People think only because their system specs can run CoD/BF on max that they can handle ArmA 2. Wrong, with those specs you could run ArmA 1 on Sahrani ( which was a mix of desert and woods btw. ) on high...barely, an SSD helped with the lag caused by loading textures until they fixed the issue. The min. specs posted about ArmA 2 is a big lie, you can never run it on that system, even high end rigs had problems because ArmA 2 didn't like something in their hardware. Some might be lucky to have a "perfect" low spec system that runs fine on medium settings and maybe they are even fine playing with that resolution and maybe low fps.

Seom performance drop are caused by the servers you are playing on and sometimes by the mision itself. First might be the issue because we also experience problems when the server doesn't restart the DayZ mission once a day, persistence is a joke if you don't optimize a mission where a lot of items are circulating.

People think only because their system specs can run CoD/BF on max that they can handle ArmA 2. Wrong, with those specs you could run ArmA 1 on Sahrani ( which was a mix of desert and woods btw. ) on high...barely, an SSD helped with the lag caused by loading textures until they fixed the issue. The min. specs posted about ArmA 2 is a big lie, you can never run it on that system, even high end rigs had problems because ArmA 2 didn't like something in their hardware. Some might be lucky to have a "perfect" low spec system that runs fine on medium settings and maybe they are even fine playing with that resolution and maybe low fps.

Seom performance drop are caused by the servers you are playing on and sometimes by the mision itself. First might be the issue because we also experience problems when the server doesn't restart the DayZ mission once a day, persistence is a joke if you don't optimize a mission where a lot of items are circulating.

I never said my system specs could run it i was saying my video card was shit and was wondering if it would work with the video card?

BloodyDischarge,most likely not. your computer is ancient. you'd probably need a total overhaul (depending on your motherboard)

Edited by Dankine

your processor is something like 3 years old, and probably not even that great then.

your card is old, and pretty shitty.

what kinda ram? what speeds?

so yeah, ancient is apt.

Edited by Dankine

It always amazes me when people come onto this forum and ask why their circa 2007 PC, that wasn't even that good back then, can't run the game.

Happens on every game, wouldn't matter if this was crysis, we'd have people with celerons and ATI 4650's all over the forum acting surprised when their beige PC can't play it.

Fucks sake people, a sort of decent PC that'll play most games on medium settings with a quad core and an ATI 6870 or something can't be more than $600 or £400-500.

Back to xBox for the kids I guess.