Sign in to follow this  
Obsolescence

Hacked Weapons: Should we take a more reasoned approach?

Hacked weapons do not give people much of an edge. Smart and talented playing gives people an edge. I've seen some pretty stupid people on this game. Give a talented player a AS50 TWS, he'll do great. Give the same player him a DMR and he'll still do great as well. Give a crappy player a AS50 TWS and he is still crappy player but has a big gun.

Since we are finding these weapons on players we've killed, apparently, the weapons did not give them a big enough edge. I have no problem with all of arma's weapons being in Dayz. It is not like they are unrealistic.

Edited by Cvm

I've used every hacked weapon that is on the white list and none of them are over powered. The as50 TWS with thermal does give you a edge but it isn't game breaking. You could do the same method with a a85 and a sniper just have to switch guns once you spotted a target. MAYBE the silenced PDW because it's silenced and large clip size.

The rest of the guns are just reskins or different versions but really give you limited advantage. The M4 with ACOG scope and grenade launcher comes to mind as my personal favorite. Crazy zoom scope, m4 full auto, and grenade launcher, but really the grenade launcher is limited use and on other guns and so is the scope. Does it give you an advantage? Sure. But lets be honest here, ESP and Teleporting are giving a much bigger advantage then a few mods your gun has. You can teleport and esp kill someone with a hatchet no matter what gun they have.

I'd say most DayZ fights are situational. Lot of good your crazy hacked machinegun is gonna do you if you get shot from 800m away by a m107. Same goes for reverse. Lot of good your nice l11 desert camo sniper is gonna do you if someone comes around the corner with a akm.

How have you used every hacked weapon? Or what white list weapons?

I have an AS50 TWS, it gives you a huge advantage of not having to swap from the L85 to the AS50... The PDW SD isn't overly overe powered when it comes to other players, with zombies it is but it just matches the M4A1 CCO SD... The point is that these weapons are being hacked in which is the only downside to them, if they were available to anyone it'd be fine. Then OP weapons such as the AS50 TWS could be taken out and assigned as an auto-deleted weapon. ESP and Teleporting are obviously bigger problems, as well as hackers being able to see where everyone and everything is on the map.

In all honesty I would prefer more civilian weapons and less military grade equipment but if you're going to have an AS50 laying around, why not have some more AK Variants? Or the Mk17?